ADVERTISEMENT

According to what a certain fan base is indirectly saying

How exactly has Stoops proven he doesn't get the best out of his players? He took a team that lost by 50 to Arkansas and 40 to Vandy and immediately made them more competitive year one and one win away from a bowl year two.
It's simply wishful thinking from UL fans to believe UK will remain unsuccessful going forward, with vastly superior talent, because Stoops can't develop talent or coach. He has put players that he's coached in the NFL at every place he's coached. He has vastly increased the rankings of his defenses every place he's coached.
He has and will go through growing pains and make mistakes as a new head coach but he will learn from them and be an outstanding head coach on the field. He has already shown he knows how to run a program and recruit in spades.
If you want to debate the legit issues UK will still face even with better talent that is well developed and coached, that is another matter. The real hurdles will be whether or not UK can reach and if so then maintain a higher level of success than we've seen in decades while the majority of opponents in conference will have better talent, veteran coaching and fully invested administration's and fan bases. Then if that happens the question would be whether or not UK could keep Stoops if some historical powers come after him.
Those are the longer term issues. Kentucky football fans that truly follow the program know he can recruit, run a program, develop players and coach.
Tell me more about this success Uk has had over the past decades. I must've missed out on the memo.

Reactions: American Male
Vandy's overall record: 585–591–50 (.498)
UK's overall record: 587–599–44 (.495)

UK currently leads the series 42–41–4

They seem pretty comparable to me.

And... Vandy was 19-1-2 against UK in the first 22 games going back to the first game in 1896 to 1945.
Since then UK leads the series 41-22-2.

My "act" is that I think it's delusional to speak to a program you've lost too about 40% of the time as so vastly inferior.
And on my own board or this one, I would(and have) bet we win this year because the talent is very comparable, we are at home and I like the way the schedule sets up. It is still very much a coin flip but I like our chances for the first time in 5 years.

I offered a $50 straight up wager on this year's game here, and was called out on the UK board to make the same offer there, which I did. The only 2 posters to take me up on the wager have subsequently backed out. UKErik has taken me up on my straight up (no points) offer. How about you?

I offered a $50 straight up wager on this year's game here, and was called out on the UK board to make the same offer there, which I did. The only 2 posters to take me up on the wager have subsequently backed out. UKErik has taken me up on my straight up (no points) offer. How about you?

Yep.....I'll take UK straight up for $100.. feel free to send me your email

My "act" is that I think it's delusional to speak to a program you've lost too about 40% of the time as so vastly inferior.
And on my own board or this one, I would(and have) bet we win this year because the talent is very comparable, we are at home and I like the way the schedule sets up. It is still very much a coin flip but I like our chances for the first time in 5 years.

It's disrespectful for you or any other UK fan, here or there, to act like the game has already been played and UK won. That's what most of your fellow fans do and have done. While many of us think and even speak as though we feel our team/program is "vastly" superior to yours, we at least have some history upon which to make that claim. And really, we only get our knickers in a twist and then retort with what everyone else knows (that your program is historically bad) when one of you comes over here and acts like homerblue (who is NOT an anomaly).

And... Vandy was 19-1-2 against UK in the first 22 games going back to the first game in 1896 to 1945.

So UK is winning roughly 65% of the time against Vandy using the more modern era time frame.
UofL is winning roughly 62% of the time against UK using the more modern era time frame.

So given that, I want you to think real hard about these %'s and get back to me. If you think UK is pretty close to UofL, which it appears you do, given H2H results...... Sure looks like Vandy is pretty close to UK given H2H results.

So what to make of these %'s Pike? Is the 60-65% win margin a sign programs are close or a bit further apart. Got to apply the same logic in both scenarios. This is going to be fun either way.

So UK is winning roughly 65% of the time against Vandy using the more modern era time frame.
UofL is winning roughly 62% of the time against UK using the more modern era time frame.

So given that, I want you to think real hard about these %'s and get back to me. If you think UK is pretty close to UofL, which it appears you do, given H2H results...... Sure looks like Vandy is pretty close to UK given H2H results.

So what to make of these findings Pike?

Ok...I've thought real hard.

65% winning percentage for UK over Vandy is over 65 games. The 62% winning percentage for UL over UK is over 21 games. three times the sampling size is a huge variable. IF after 65 games(at which time I'll most likely be dead) UL has won 65% of the time, I'll acknowledge the significant difference in the the two programs..

Secondly, I don't think UK has been VASTLY superior to Vandy(unfortunately) over the years I've been watching. The teams have more often that not been close in talent level overall. UK definitely has a larger fan base and I think the prospect of being successful in the SEC at UK is much higher than at Vandy. Especially so now that UK's admin has gotten it's head out of its a$$.

Hmmm. That sounds familiar. You really are special my friend (that's not a good thing).

He took a team that lost by 50 to Arkansas

He has already shown he knows how to run a program and recruit in spades.

(1) True. He hasn't had a team quit at halftime yet because of hunger so that is improvement.

(2) Stoops' Cracker Jack recruiting is still at the bottom of the SEC barrel. Then again, we know that you're only goal is to be better than the UL program you claim doesn't matter. You've given up the charade of trying to truly compete in your conf.

UK FOOTBALL: We only need 6

Reactions: LockdownCard
UK FOOTBALL: We only need 6

That says it all really. Their plan:

1. Schedule the 3 worst teams other than UK they can find.
2. Hope that UofL has a bad year.
3. Hope 2 other SEC teams on the UK schedule have really bad years.

The formula adds up to 6, if they can get it done. UK got Part 1 and Part 3 done last year, SO CLOSE! Can they ever get all 3 parts of the equation in the same season again?

Alright Pike, I can dig that. You tried.

I'll argue, two decades is plenty of a sample, because... it is. Six decades is simply more. If you're telling me six decades is the requirement to draw conclusions, that seems like a pretty long stretch, and not really applicable to the discussion. 20 + years is enough! Multiple coaches, plenty of games to analyze.

I'm all for you talking to me from underground. Just kidding man. It's just sports. Be immortal, don't die bro.

So, you're upset because you think we're arrogant? Like we think we're Bama or something? I think most Card's fans understand their place in the hierarchy of college football and we're a proud bunch for the strides we've made.

Vs. Cat's fans, who don't even accept that their football team is the butt of jokes (both in the SEC and out) and have historically done NOTHING.

Go ask any other fan of any other football team about their opinion of UK football, it's universal, you'all stink...bad...UofL is getting national attention as a dark horse to win the ACC and get in the playoff.

The only one sounding arrogant around here is the UK fans saying they've done anything.

My point is that most UL fans I see posting on this board are the ones who have a sense of vast superiority when comparing the Louisville and Kentucky programs. To the point of speaking of comparing UK to Vandys program. All the while Kentucky has beaten UL almost 40% of the time in the modern series. Which by all accounts would be considered very competitive.

If you had UT's or Florida's winning percentage against us, I would understand the hubris.

A UK fan accusing someone else of hubris in a discussion about football? That is funny!!!

Alright Pike, I can dig that. You tried.

I'll argue, two decades is plenty of a sample, because... it is. Six decades is simply more. If you're telling me six decades is the requirement to draw conclusions, that seems like a pretty long stretch, and not really applicable to the discussion. 20 + years is enough! Multiple coaches, plenty of games to analyze.

I'm all for you talking to me from underground. Just kidding man. It's just sports. Be immortal, don't die bro.

Lol. No plans on bitting the dust anytime soon. I am to interested in seeing how everything plays out to die now..Should be an interesting next couple years in the state. Been a while since we've both had competent head coaches and comparable talent at the same time.

Lol. No plans on bitting the dust anytime soon. I am to interested in seeing how everything plays out to die now..Should be an interesting next couple years in the state. Been a while since we've both had competent head coaches and comparable talent at the same time.
I wouldn't call a coach who allows a team to score on all nine offensive possessions without even having to punt the entire game COMPETENT. Especially considering his background as an P5 defensive coordinator.

Actually it is the world reknown Korem High Peformance program. It is widely recognized as the most advanced and cutting edge in the world.
Stoops has redshirted tons of four stars and they have spent the time being transformed into specimans from all insider accounts.

Last time I checked there is only one team in the state is a charter member of the SEC and owns a national championship. You have never led the overall series......ever.
These facts, combined with UK being the large state university, would cause fans of the smaller regional schools to envy us. We are not obnoxius, we are indifferent to your school. This may come as a suprise but a majority of BBN consider UT our true football rival. It is a true border rivalry withen the SEC.

Last time I checked there WAS/IS only ONE WELFARE RECEPIANT Team in this state that was born with a Silver Spoon in its mouth...And STILL keeps putting out the SAME BABY$#IT Product on and off the field...That team being..."CAN-SUCK-ME"!!!

Last time I checked, there WAS/IS only ONE WELFARE RECEPIANT Team in this state that has been put on Probation...NUMEROUS TIMES...ALL of them AFTER Winning Seasons...Thats it's Secret, Winning, Formula...That team being..."CAN-SUCK-ME"!!!

Last time I checked, there WAS/IS only ONE WELFARE RECEPIANT Team in this state that has cancelled playing teams like INDIANA..."INDIANA"..."WE'RE TALKING ABOUT INDIANA", and any other team that they COULDN'T Beat...So they could get to a 6-6 record...To be ABLE to play in the TOILET BOWL...That team being..."CAN-SUCK-ME"!!!

Last time I checked, there WAS/IS only ONE WELFARE RECEPIANT Team in this state that KEEPS saying the OTHER Team is a Small Regional Team, yet has a LOSING RECORD against that them since the teams bagan playing again...Yet that SEC WELFARE RECEPIANT TEAM STILL HAD/HAS ALL the BENEFITS of bening in the Send En Cash Conference...That team being..."CAN-SUCK-ME"!!!

Last time I checked, there WAS/IS only ONE FANBASE in this state that are as ARROGANT and PATHETIC as ANY FANBASE there EVER WAS/IS, and talk about having a RIVALRY..."RIVALRY"...WE'RE TALKING ABOUT A RIVALRY..."NOT"...With a team south of them yet has LOST 27 of the LAST 28 Games against that other team...TOO DAMN FUNNY...That FANBASE being..."CAN-SUCK-ME"!!!

Last time I checked, there WAS/IS only ONE FANBASE in this state that KEEPS INFESTING the other teams board and telling that teams fans how "INDIFFERENT" they are to that team...IF, that WERE TRUE, WHY are THEY ON that "LITTLE REGIONAL TEAMS BOARD"...Could it be that they REALLY ARE "OBNOXIOUS"!?!?!?...That FANBASE being..."CAN-SUCK-ME"!!!

The last time I checked, NO team in this state has been AWARDED an AP, UPI, COACHES POLL, BCS or D1 PLAYOFF NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP, that was EARNED..."EARNED"...WE'RE TALKING ABOUT "EARNED"...On The Field Of Play...NOT..."NOT"...WE'RE TALKING ABOUT "NOT" being GIFTED..."GIFTED"...WE'RE TALKING ABOUT "GIFTED" one 70 years later by a BS Computer Formula!!!

The LAST time I checked, there WAS/IS only ONE team in this state that has EARNED..."EARNED"..."WE'RE TALKING ABOUT EARNED"...It's Place in the College Football World by SCHEDULING UPPER LEVEL Teams (When THEY WOULD Schedule Us)...And WON...Three BCS Level Bowls in the last 25 years...And it's NOT..."NOT"...WE'RE TALKING ABOUT "NOT"..."CAN-SUCK-ME"!!!

NOW, you can take that "ARROGANT, IGNORANT, PATHETIC, OBNOXIOUS, WELFARE RECEPIANT, SLUTTY, BIG SISTER ATTITUDE" BACK to your JV BOARD and STAY THERE!!!

:cool:

Last time I checked there is only one team in the state is a charter member of the SEC and owns a national championship. You have never led the overall series......ever.
These facts, combined with UK being the large state university, would cause fans of the smaller regional schools to envy us. We are not obnoxius, we are indifferent to your school. This may come as a suprise but a majority of BBN consider UT our true football rival. It is a true border rivalry withen the SEC.
LOL...but, you are 3rd behind UL, and WKU...LOL.. UL a small regional school that has facilities better than the state school.

Can you morons please quit claiming a mythical computer ranked championship from before computers were even invented. You should be embarrassed.

Actually it is the world reknown Korem High Peformance program. It is widely recognized as the most advanced and cutting edge in the world.
Stoops has redshirted tons of four stars and they have spent the time being transformed into specimans from all insider accounts.

And this confirms my earlier point: take any piece of information, puff your chests out, fellate each other about it and then expect the rest of us to care.

And you better double check that statement about redshirting "tons of four stars" Drew Barker was a red shirted 4 star, but you can only have one QB on the field at a time. Besides him, I think you only have one 4* who red shirted.
Point being don't try and BS us here.

You could be right, but why would someone do that?

And I am honestly asking the question, not being sarcastic.

There are posters on both sides that like to portray the worst stereotypes of each fan base. I have to assume they do it to provide fodder for ridicule and claims of delusion.

How exactly has Stoops proven he doesn't get the best out of his players? He took a team that lost by 50 to Arkansas and 40 to Vandy and immediately made them more competitive year one and one win away from a bowl year two.
It's simply wishful thinking from UL fans to believe UK will remain unsuccessful going forward, with vastly superior talent, because Stoops can't develop talent or coach. He has put players that he's coached in the NFL at every place he's coached. He has vastly increased the rankings of his defenses every place he's coached.
He has and will go through growing pains and make mistakes as a new head coach but he will learn from them and be an outstanding head coach on the field. He has already shown he knows how to run a program and recruit in spades.
If you want to debate the legit issues UK will still face even with better talent that is well developed and coached, that is another matter. The real hurdles will be whether or not UK can reach and if so then maintain a higher level of success than we've seen in decades while the majority of opponents in conference will have better talent, veteran coaching and fully invested administration's and fan bases. Then if that happens the question would be whether or not UK could keep Stoops if some historical powers come after him.
Those are the longer term issues. Kentucky football fans that truly follow the program know he can recruit, run a program, develop players and coach.

Just realized I had not addressed the above piece of garbage:

What do Derek Dooley, Ron Cooper, John Blake and Larry Porter have in common? They were all very successful assistant coaches, some on national champion teams, who were outstanding recruiters and coached a lot of future NFLers as assistants, but were busts as head coaches.

I think the episode before the start of the game against UofL in 2014 shows that your boy does not know how to run a program. We know he has made the mistakes; he hasn't yet shown that he will learn from them.

Around the country, the valid evidence is still be analyzed, despite your wishful thinking. The rest of us don't accept the moral victory "we were competitive" as proof of success. But keep reciting the party line about "we have shown improvement." which is the same smoke blown every year by the Kentucky football fans that truly follow the program. Perhaps this year you might actually have a decent year. We will wait and see, and not give in to the pre-season hype.

so-youre-telling-ter5bs.jpg

I remember all of the hype surrounding the "high performance program". A lot of chatter going on when UK was winning in regards to monitoring players in practice and then comparing it later on during film sessions.

After last year, I'd ask for a refund.

Reactions: LockdownCard
Joker's recruits are mostly to blame for last years losses. Between Stoops and The High Peformance program, wins improved 150%. We also are not blind and know we were a blown call and dropped ball from 7 wins and a probable 8th in a bowl game.
Btw, I lol at being called a ul fan...i am BIG BLUE ALL THE WAY

Joker's recruits are mostly to blame for last years losses. Between Stoops and The High Peformance program, wins improved 150%. We also are not blind and know we were a blown call and dropped ball from 7 wins and a probable 8th in a bowl game.

No...as Bill Parcells would say you are what your record says you are which is 5-7...Louisville was 9-4

This isn't a Uk fan..dont waste time responding

How in hades do you know anything? I am a 3rd generation wildcat. Cant believe you would have the nerve to question my loyalty to the Cats!!! We are back on top baby and lil brother is kickin rocks and eating our dust!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT