ADVERTISEMENT

According to what a certain fan base is indirectly saying

LockdownCard

1500+
Nov 11, 2014
Is that they are the only team that has seen improvement over the off season while everyone else has just regressed. Lol at the logic of Uk fans.

According to them Uk is the only P5 team that is going to be leaps and bounds better than anyone else including UL who will probably win a fifth straight game against them and Mizzou who has already surpassed Uk's entire 100 year of accomplishments in less than three seasons since joining the mighty "Hard to reach 500." SEC!!!

Also, I've been made aware that their recent class is nothing but five stars while ours is mostly made up of one star guys.

This stuff is really puzzling to me because its the same story every off season. What is even more puzzling is how they feel a sense of entitlement and gets angry when outside of Lexington and the country back roads they get zero respect from the national media.

What am I missing here?

I just dont understand where the snobby arrogance is coming from. We've done pretty well and way much more over this decade but we dont act that way at all.

Best thing we can do is give them a nice humbling by way of a great a** kicking and bring them back down a notch

There's never been a program in all of history that has such a high opinion of itself and accomplished so little. Newsflash: you're Vanderbilt. Never hear them flapping their gums though. For Gods sake you've won as many conference titles as Suwanee and Tulane!

LockdownCard, I suspect it has to do with their overwhelming sense of entitlement in basketball. They are an arrogant fanbase in basketball, and it's the same people. They can't just turn that stuff off and become humble when they become a football fan.

Probably, some UK fans think they are just a few recruiting classes and a few tweaks at most away from being a power football team. In reality, building a quality football program takes decades of hard work, not 2-3 years under a new coach.

What am I missing here?

You're forgetting this tired mantra from the big blue faithful:

Last year at this time, the mantra was "they have to replace 3 first round draft picks, including Teddy Bridegwater. And they have to play a tougher schedule in the ACC. They'll come crashing back to reality."

This year, it's "they have to replace 10 NFL draft picks. They'll come crashing back to reality."

Never mind that Petrino and staff have brought in serious talent to replace some of those draft picks.
Forget the fact that there are probably 7 draft picks on this defense alone, and maybe another couple depending on those kids who could go pro early.

You aren't missing anything.

This is typical Cayut fan logic. They live in a world of delusion that is pretty amazing to witness.

LockdownCard, I suspect it has to do with their overwhelming sense of entitlement in basketball. They are an arrogant fanbase in basketball, and it's the same people. They can't just turn that stuff off and become humble when they become a football fan.

Probably, some UK fans think they are just a few recruiting classes and a few tweaks at most away from being a power football team. In reality, building a quality football program takes decades of hard work, not 2-3 years under a new coach.
I thought the fan base was somewhat divided between basketball and football fans. I guess the basketball sector no long use Alabama as their school of choice when it comes to a football team to root for until big blue madness.

Reactions: Cardinals4Ever
Twisted logic rules the day for most of their fans. They keep alluding to the fact that they were a dropped interception away from winning against us last year but omit the fact that there were missed opportunities on both sides. The fact is we were playing with a QB who had seen very little game action who, while making a few mistakes, also played well enough to beat them.

I would love to hear the excuses they would have if Towles went down and Reece Phillips had to play most of the game.

Last time I checked there is only one team in the state is a charter member of the SEC and owns a national championship. You have never led the overall series......ever.
These facts, combined with UK being the large state university, would cause fans of the smaller regional schools to envy us. We are not obnoxius, we are indifferent to your school. This may come as a suprise but a majority of BBN consider UT our true football rival. It is a true border rivalry withen the SEC.

Last time I checked there is only one team in the state is a charter member of the SEC and owns a national championship. You have never led the overall series......ever.
These facts, combined with UK being the large state university, would cause fans of the smaller regional schools to envy us. We are not obnoxius, we are indifferent to your school. This may come as a suprise but a majority of BBN consider UT our true football rival. It is a true border rivalry withen the SEC.
And right on cue...

You blowhards are the most arrogant losers in all of college football. Proof? Trying to claim a national championship. http://www.ncaa.com/history/football/fbs

See the link provided. There is NO mention of a uk championship. NONE, but again this just goes right along with the theme of this thread, and you have stepped in to provide more evidence.

And to your second point that UT is your biggest rival, that is something losers like yourself try to claim to make yourself feel better about yourself, but the truth of the matter is that is that if you look at the first page of wildcat lair, there are ZERO threads about UT, where as there are at least five for UofL, with similar numbers for the second page. Just ask a UT fan who is their biggest rival and it is NOT a team that has beat them once in the last three decades. You slapdicks are all the same. Keep it coming. You are great entertainment.

LOL! Tennessee your rival? You're killing me here

Wait a minute? U OF K is in the SEC? LMAO! Hang on to your "series lead" [a claim based on wins from The Jazz Age] while it lasts, because it's changing hands very, very shortly. Your post didn't make my day, it made my weekend!

Reactions: LockdownCard
UK fans are optimistic because of an influx of young talent. I know it's hard for you guys to fathom, but UK is improving the talent brought into the program, and UofL fans should understand this.

It was just a couple of years ago Strong took over a UofL program and suffered the bumps and bruises of having to play young guys while at the same time RS most of them. UK is doing the same. And while the win totals may not match the improvement Strong saw in year three, the improvement will still be there the same.

For example, Fred Tiller has started every game at CB for three years. He's getting ready to be replaced by a true Freshman at CB.

Really, if rumors hold true, UK's secondary after a couple of games will consist of Westry(true Frosh CB), Edwards(RS Frosh CB), West(RS Frosh S), Stamps(Senior S), and Randolph(true Soph Nickel).

We understand that other teams will improve, but UK has so much room to improve that we look for our progress to be more than most teams see.

The delusional actually think they play SEC level football. And a national title in football? Yeah, it was unofficially awarded about 25 (that's TWENTY FIVE) years after the fact. If UofL fans made the same claims of a national title and series dominance (remembering the dark ages) uselessakay fans would have a field day on their boards. What a bunch of losers.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: American Male
The delusional actually think they play SEC level football. And a national title in football? Yeah, it was unofficially awarded about 25 (that's TWENTY FIVE) years after the fact. If UofL fans made the same claims of a national title and series dominance (remembering the dark ages) uselessakay fans would have a field day on their boards. What a bunch of losers.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

All football national championships are unofficially awarded. If one selection committee took stock and changed their opinion of who won the title back then UK would have a recognized college fball championship

There's never been a program in all of history that has such a high opinion of itself and accomplished so little. Newsflash: you're Vanderbilt. Never hear them flapping their gums though. For Gods sake you've won as many conference titles as Suwanee and Tulane!

Then you've lost to Vanderbilt 8 of 21 times in the modern series and 14 of 27 in the overall series.

So what exactly does that make UL??

Last edited by a moderator:

We're sure this guy is hanging out on the Tenn boards on the reg in the summer, no? Telling them what's coming, this time, correct?

This one should be framed. If you were indifferent you wouldn't be lurking here, or posting in the thread. Your actions contradict your emotional lies.

Clean up the grammar. The combination of moronic post content and horrific spelling makes you look like one big dummy.

Thanks for proving my point about UK fan arrogance. Truly amazing that some UK fans think their program is envied.

Tennessee is Kentucky's true football rival........................says no one!!!

FTR, this homerblue guy is a suspected troll poser on the UK board. I wouldn't use him to represent an actual UK poster.

Then you've lost to Vanderbilt 8 of 21 times in the modern series and 14 of 27 in the overall series.

So what exactly does that make UL??

Louisville holds a 62% win edge H2H since the series resumed, and you failed to mention UK hosted the first 4 return games I believe, or something like that....before playing @ Louisville.

So it's a fairly substantial edge. It makes UofL look significantly better. Of course H2H isn't the only way to evaluate programs. If you start looking at other variables, like accomplishments, UK falls further behind.

You've truly got very little to grab a hold of here when your argument point revolves around, or at the very least, includes listing trailing the series 13-8.

UK fans are optimistic because of an influx of young talent. I know it's hard for you guys to fathom, but UK is improving the talent brought into the program, and UofL fans should understand this.

This is where you are completely mistaken. While there are other areas where you are mistake, as well, I am only going to address this one.

We know that higher ranked recruits are coming in to UK than there were under Joker. We can see the ranking of the recruiting classes has gotten better recently. We can "fathom" it because we remember how CSK could not bring in the type of recruits that Bobby Petrino brought in, and we saw a drop off in performance at that time. When Charlie Strong came in, recruiting improved and we won a second BCS Bowl game. BTW, we are the only school in the state to have won a BCS bowl game. So we can fathom this completely.

We also know that stars are an estimate of potential, not necessarily of proven ability. Frequently, a ranking is based on videos submitted to a service by somebody advocating for a higher rank for that recruit; which is not objective evidence and can result in someone being overrated. Not every three star or four star or five star is going to turn into a P-5 level or NFL level player.

We also know that UK has a head coach whose first job was UK, and who has not yet proven to be able to get the best out of his players.

The real point in this thread is how UK fans will take any piece of information and use it to puff out their collective chests, fellate each other on message boards, then think that the rest of the world, or, at least, other in-state schools, should be impressed by it.

You are free to get excited about everything, including Wi-Fi at Commonwealth Stadium, and think it will translate into wins. What you cannot fathom is that the rest of are not required to share your opinion.

I share the opinion of the others who have said a collective BS to your second paragraph.

I also will point out that UofL has won 2 BCS Bowl games, which is 2 more than UK has participated in.

Louisville holds a 62% win edge H2H since the series resumed, and you failed to mention UK hosted the first 4 return games I believe, or something like that....before playing @ Louisville.

So it's a fairly substantial edge. It makes UofL look significantly better. Of course H2H isn't the only way to evaluate programs. If you start looking at other variables, like accomplishments, UK falls further behind.

You've truly got very little to grab a hold of here when your argument point revolves around, or at the very least, includes listing trailing the series 13-8.

My point is that most UL fans I see posting on this board are the ones who have a sense of vast superiority when comparing the Louisville and Kentucky programs. To the point of speaking of comparing UK to Vandys program. All the while Kentucky has beaten UL almost 40% of the time in the modern series. Which by all accounts would be considered very competitive.

If you had UT's or Florida's winning percentage against us, I would understand the hubris.

It was just a couple of years ago Strong took over a UofL program and suffered the bumps and bruises of having to play young guys while at the same time RS most of them. UK is doing the same. And while the win totals may not match the improvement Strong saw in year three, the improvement will still be there the same.

For example, Fred Tiller has started every game at CB for three years. He's getting ready to be replaced by a true Freshman at CB.

Really, if rumors hold true, UK's secondary after a couple of games will consist of Westry(true Frosh CB), Edwards(RS Frosh CB), West(RS Frosh S), Stamps(Senior S), and Randolph(true Soph Nickel).

We understand that other teams will improve, but UK has so much room to improve that we look for our progress to be more than most teams see.
Yea this is a prime example of uk fans only thinking that they are the only team that has improved during the off season.

My point is that most UL fans I see posting on this board are the ones who have a sense of vast superiority when comparing the Louisville and Kentucky programs. To the point of speaking of comparing UK to Vandys program. All the while Kentucky has beaten UL almost 40% of the time in the modern series. Which by all accounts would be considered very competitive.

If you had UT's or Florida's winning percentage against us, I would understand the hubris.

To be fair, UK has fielded some "stand out" poor teams, as has Louisville though.

But, what you read is frustration from UofL fans that grow tired of hearing "what's coming" every summer. Most UK fans (see how I did that?) are already taking credit for wins they haven't gotten. UK is riding a 6 game losing streak and a 4 game losing streak to Louisville and most UK fans (see how I did that again?) are over here handing out lectures and warnings.

H2H is also only one variable in comparing programs. Like I said, the fact that you've included the H2H score between the programs while leaving out the 4 home game edge shows you're not only telling part of the story there, but you're actually using a metric in which UK trails UofL while calling out UofL. That just looks silly.

Meh...it's the same "own board" overconfidence expressed on the UK boards in winning this year despite losing the last four in a row and almost 60% of the modern series. It's what posters do and say on their home board, and yours is no different.

Meh...it's the same "own board" overconfidence expressed on the UK boards in winning this year despite losing the last four in a row and almost 60% of the modern series. It's what posters do and say on their home board, and yours is no different.

Yeah, I've seen his act on his board, and the talk is much more "mean spirited" over there, so it is rather funny to see him over here calling out UofL fans posts on the UofL board.

He's in that bucket with the other 90% of them, you know, "Most UK fans" (see what I did there?)

This is where you are completely mistaken. While there are other areas where you are mistake, as well, I am only going to address this one.

We know that higher ranked recruits are coming in to UK than there were under Joker. We can see the ranking of the recruiting classes has gotten better recently. We can "fathom" it because we remember how CSK could not bring in the type of recruits that Bobby Petrino brought in, and we saw a drop off in performance at that time. When Charlie Strong came in, recruiting improved and we won a second BCS Bowl game. BTW, we are the only school in the state to have won a BCS bowl game. So we can fathom this completely.

We also know that stars are an estimate of potential, not necessarily of proven ability. Frequently, a ranking is based on videos submitted to a service by somebody advocating for a higher rank for that recruit; which is not objective evidence and can result in someone being overrated. Not every three star or four star or five star is going to turn into a P-5 level or NFL level player.

We also know that UK has a head coach whose first job was UK, and who has not yet proven to be able to get the best out of his players.

The real point in this thread is how UK fans will take any piece of information and use it to puff out their collective chests, fellate each other on message boards, then think that the rest of the world, or, at least, other in-state schools, should be impressed by it.

You are free to get excited about everything, including Wi-Fi at Commonwealth Stadium, and think it will translate into wins. What you cannot fathom is that the rest of are not required to share your opinion.

How exactly has Stoops proven he doesn't get the best out of his players? He took a team that lost by 50 to Arkansas and 40 to Vandy and immediately made them more competitive year one and one win away from a bowl year two.
It's simply wishful thinking from UL fans to believe UK will remain unsuccessful going forward, with vastly superior talent, because Stoops can't develop talent or coach. He has put players that he's coached in the NFL at every place he's coached. He has vastly increased the rankings of his defenses every place he's coached.
He has and will go through growing pains and make mistakes as a new head coach but he will learn from them and be an outstanding head coach on the field. He has already shown he knows how to run a program and recruit in spades.
If you want to debate the legit issues UK will still face even with better talent that is well developed and coached, that is another matter. The real hurdles will be whether or not UK can reach and if so then maintain a higher level of success than we've seen in decades while the majority of opponents in conference will have better talent, veteran coaching and fully invested administration's and fan bases. Then if that happens the question would be whether or not UK could keep Stoops if some historical powers come after him.
Those are the longer term issues. Kentucky football fans that truly follow the program know he can recruit, run a program, develop players and coach.

How exactly has Stoops proven he doesn't get the best out of his players? He took a team that lost by 50 to Arkansas and 40 to Vandy and immediately made them more competitive year one and one

What about going from losing by 5 to UGA to losing by 32?
What about going from losing by 20 to Tenn to losing by 34?

The only consistent theme is, the losing.

No man in all seriousness I think UK is getting better and w/ that home field schedule and winnable road games I expect some serious strides this year. I just think "most UK fans" should hold off the victory parades until you know, the results are in.

Vandy's overall record: 585–591–50 (.498)
UK's overall record: 587–599–44 (.495)

UK currently leads the series 42–41–4

They seem pretty comparable to me.

Yeah, I've seen his act on his board, and the talk is much more "mean spirited" over there, so it is rather funny to see him over here calling out UofL fans posts on the UofL board.

He's in that bucket with the other 90% of them, you know, "Most UK fans" (see what I did there?)

My "act" is that I think it's delusional to speak to a program you've lost too about 40% of the time as so vastly inferior.
And on my own board or this one, I would(and have) bet we win this year because the talent is very comparable, we are at home and I like the way the schedule sets up. It is still very much a coin flip but I like our chances for the first time in 5 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT