ADVERTISEMENT

What a joke

You are wrong. It is all based on SELF-REPORT of the student or school, with the school being involved after enrollment, as you referenced in your statement above.

Rose was cleared because the information that was submitted. It was ETS who invalidated his ACT score based on their attempt to investigate the testing and then declared his score fraudulent. The NCAA did not investigate his test score, they took the information that was submitted to them after ETS invalidated his test score.

That is the point: saying that the NCAA cleared somebody so there can’t be something inappropriate about their academics is BS. The NCAA takes what is submitted to them, and Calipari’s was full of crap when he whined about the NCAA clearing him.
Beyond this simple sentence, I dont know what to say.

The NCAA Eligibility Center is responsible for determining the eligibility of all DI and DII college athletes.

It is 100% their responsibility. I did find another direct source, it is pretty clear. The only input from the university is a request to verify eligibility.

https://www.athleticscholarships.ne...yzzBlpoTsW4IFYKNL4nzpsWsdxfXb7foaAhs_EALw_wcB

Lol, I see you're still appreciating my posts. Yep, nothing but lies, directly from the source. You are a riot.

Yep, I appreciate the desperation you have to be noticed here. Just proves you have zero life. Defending Blew Nation like a champ. Your Maw is so proud, I’m sure.

Reactions: Deeva
Beyond this simple sentence, I dont know what to say.

The NCAA Eligibility Center is responsible for determining the eligibility of all DI and DII college athletes.

It is 100% their responsibility. I did find another direct source, it is pretty clear. The only input from the university is a request to verify eligibility.

https://www.athleticscholarships.ne...yzzBlpoTsW4IFYKNL4nzpsWsdxfXb7foaAhs_EALw_wcB
You are 100% missing the point; although, I think you are doing so intentionally.
They determine eligibility based on the athlete and then the school’s self-report. The NCAA does not go back and see if somebody’s transcripts are suspicious, or that their ACT score suddenly jumped from a previous score. They don’t know what the previous score is. They assume the information is correct.
So, if a student submits a fraudulent ACT score, the NCAA does not try to validate it. The NCAA accepts it as true until shown otherwise.
So, when Derrick Rose submitted his score, and transcripts, the NCAA said something like, “okay, these scores fit the criteria for qualification. You are cleared.”
When the ETS ruled his ACT score invalid, this information was sent to the NCAA (most likely by the school, which had to comply with the rule), the NCAA said something like, “so, based on this new information, it looks like you really were not qualified. You would have known you are submitting a fraudulent score, so your school’s record for that year will be erased. You should never have done that, and your actions let your teammates down.”
So, when John Calipari complained that “the NCAA Clearinghouse cleared Rose, so why did they do this to us?” he was BSing everyone because he knew the answer.

Thus, you saying “the NCAA cleared him,” does not mean squat. Just because a police officer did not write any tickets yesterday does not mean that everybody was obeying the speed limit.

This is just too much dumb-ass to have to deal with on a Sunday.

You are 100% missing the point; although, I think you are doing so intentionally.
They determine eligibility based on the athlete and then the school’s self-report. The NCAA does not go back and see if somebody’s transcripts are suspicious, or that their ACT score suddenly jumped from a previous score. They don’t know what the previous score is. They assume the information is correct.
So, if a student submits a fraudulent ACT score, the NCAA does not try to validate it. The NCAA accepts it as true until shown otherwise.
So, when Derrick Rose submitted his score, and transcripts, the NCAA said something like, “okay, these scores fit the criteria for qualification. You are cleared.”
When the ETS ruled his ACT score invalid, this information was sent to the NCAA (most likely by the school, which had to comply with the rule), the NCAA said something like, “so, based on this new information, it looks like you really were not qualified. You would have known you are submitting a fraudulent score, so your school’s record for that year will be erased. You should never have done that, and your actions let your teammates down.”
So, when John Calipari complained that “the NCAA Clearinghouse cleared Rose, so why did they do this to us?” he was BSing everyone because he knew the answer.

Thus, you saying “the NCAA cleared him,” does not mean squat. Just because a police officer did not write any tickets yesterday does not mean that everybody was obeying the speed limit.

This is just too much dumb-ass to have to deal with on a Sunday.
Nope

"And ETS then told the NCAA."

https://www.memphisdailynews.com/news/2009/nov/16/out-of-bounds/print

Last edited:
...and nobody lies on their taxes, either.

You can shake your head no all you want because I am not answering to YOUR satisfaction. Frankly, I don’t care about your satisfaction. You will have to go back to your sister for that.
Ah, good one, that hurt, when I was 15.

ETS told the NCAA instead of the school. It does not matter; as you saw in the story, Derrick Rose was no longer in school when they uncovered it. What happens before and while he was in school was self-reporting by the athlete and the school. The only reason the NCAA investigated was because there was credible evidence of fraud. Until then, the NCAA assumed everything that the athlete and the school submitted was accurate, and athletes are cleared by the NCAA based on what the athlete and the school submits.

I have been restating this same point too many times, and everything that you post still points to it being true. I am not doing it again. You will have to poke somebody else so that you can get your self-righteous, condescending nuts off.

ETS told the NCAA instead of the school. It does not matter; as you saw in the story, Derrick Rose was no longer in school when they uncovered it. What happens before and while he was in school was self-reporting by the athlete and the school. The only reason the NCAA investigated was because there was credible evidence of fraud. Until then, the NCAA assumed everything that the athlete and the school submitted was accurate, and athletes are cleared by the NCAA based on what the athlete and the school submits.

I have been restating this same point too many times, and everything that you post still points to it being true. I am not doing it again. You will have to poke somebody else so that you can get your self-righteous, condescending nuts off.

You’re assuming the DBag has nuts...the self righteous and condescending parts are spot on. How this dweeb is still allowed to post here is beyond me.

Reactions: Cue Card
Do UK fans post is every thread on this site??? I've looked at three threads, and see UK people in every one of them. I haven't been here in years. This was why I quit coming. Still the same, apparently.

Do UK fans post is every thread on this site??? I've looked at three threads, and see UK people in every one of them. I haven't been here in years. This was why I quit coming. Still the same, apparently.
At least the obvious kitties you can understand and ignore, it’s the ones who pose as U of L fans that irritate me.

And I suppose you believe Eric Bledsoe got an A in Algebra III when he couldn't form a coherent sentence if you spotted him the noun and a verb..
And I suppose you believe Eric Bledsoe got an A in Algebra III when he couldn't form a coherent sentence if you spotted him the noun and a verb..
I posted this same thing a while back about Bledsoe and all of a sudden it was "I know a guy who says this and says that" From UK fans. Bledsoe was not eligible and then all of a sudden he is. Nobody was or is buying that BS story.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
All right, #birdgang, let’s back it up and end this thread. Bros, the UKaaay #trashcat fans claim they don’t cheat so of course they don’t cheat. They don’t have to cheat, even though everyone else is, bro. They’re so honest and ethical that the NCAAssholes don’t even consider their existence.

SMMFH and GTFOH, bro. That is straight up garbage. There isn’t a traditionally dirtier program on this planet, bro. Get off your self righteous bullshit and continue blindly following your big blue lords. Bet you’re a trump guy too, right, bro?

Whose brother are you?

Reactions: Villebandit
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT