ADVERTISEMENT

WBB Game thread: Miami at UofL

PushupMan

25000+
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Canes lead 11-10 at the halfway point of the first quarter. This is a huge game for seeding: Cards need to win to stay in the top 4 and remain in contention for one of the four double byes.

Cards were struggling with Miami’s full court press early, but they took off when Carr, Jones and Dixon subbed in. Cards lead 18-15 after 1 quarter. Dixon’s started with another strong rebounding performance, grabbing 3 in the first quarter.

Cards got down 5 but dominated the last 5 minutes of the half to push out to a 36-27 halftime lead.

Canes struggling to match our size or stop Van Lith (16 points) Dixon has 7 rebounds and Robinson has 5.

Once again I am on the road and unable to watch the game. I am keeping up with the score, how come HVL is the only one scoring?

Hailey’s on fire (23 points), but pretty much everyone else has chipped in … 9 for Dixon, 6 each for Robinson and Harris, 5 for Josie Williams….

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Liz finished with a dbl-dbl - she played very well. HVL had a very strong game. Robinson wasn’t that far away from a triple-double. I sure hope the fans come out this Sunday. I, for one, will find it hard to not shed many tears when Kasa is announced for her Senior Day moment. She is the heart of this team and is by far the crowd favorite.

Once again I am on the road and unable to watch the game. I am keeping up with the score, how come HVL is the only one scoring?
That obviously changed and Kasa and Dixon were having a night. CC was cold as ice. Lots of fun. That defensive stretch was something we haven’t seen this year.

I watched the CJW post game and he said we have to get CC and Morgan back for the Notre Dame game. We’re they injured or was he meaning get them back on their game.

Back on their game. CC’s shot was non existent and Mo Jones flat out didn’t play defense causing CJW to reel her back to the bench quickly and often.

Reactions: Bardman
HVL, Liz and Kasa are playing their ‘A’ games. Nyla is playing pretty well and Josie, when she gets time. Konno just needs to play with confidence. Olivia - just cannot finish at the rim with any consistency. If she can at least draw fouls that helps. She got blown by on defense several times last night as well. We really need her banging down low and creating positive outcomes. I think CC and Morgan are enigmas and the reason this team has struggled at times. Both seem to struggle on defense (Jones more than CC). Both are sporadic offensively. When they are ‘on’ we are incredibly dangerous. When both are ‘off’ we are very lucky to win.

Reactions: ulcards1
What is frustrating is that Jones has the physical skills to be dominant on defense. When I saw her in an early season game at home, at thought that she would approach Emily E in defense and rebounding. She is an enigma.

CC is a dead eye 3 point shooter. She doesn't shoot enough as far as I'm concerned. For some reason though, she just doesn't shoot as well when HVL is making shots.

Morgan Jones is athletic and smooth until she releases her shot. I'm really surprised Walz hasn't corrected her bad shooting habits. Her perimeter shot has way too much arch and all her energy driving to the basket is wasted when she just flings the ball at the goal. She just doesn't have a good touch on her shot.

As for defense I think much of it is a reflection of their frustration on offense, especially with Jones. Morgan wants to succeed so bad but she just can't find the consistency.

I think CC is key to going far in the post season. Her 3 point shooting can really turn a game around. I think Jones just needs to keep at it and concentrate on her defense. Sometimes the offense comes around when you're worried about something else.

I just watched the game and I was really impressed with the game Mykasa had. I like her at the point anyway because she pushes the ball up court and speeds up the tempo. If she can continue to play at the level she played against Miami that would be a big impact on the success of the team.

While Morgan Jones 3 point shooting is horrible (18%), she is 3rd on the team in overall shooting percentage at over 51%, and third in both scoring average and rebounding average. She is the most athletic player on the team, but for whatever reason her level of intensity is inconsistent….. I believe that is what CJW was referring to, as she could easily bring another level of contribution to this team, if she would just play up to her ability.

If nothing else, she could spent some court time defending Olivia Miles this Sunday, as between Robinson, HVL and Jones, they could go a long way to neutralizing ND‘s reliance on Miles scoring, passing and rebounding.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT