ADVERTISEMENT

Wasn't the popular narrative that U of L football coaches?...

It’s tough to find coaches that most all other schools wouldn’t hire as a HC who would leave money on the table. The closest example I can think of is Jim McElwain at Florida and there was some thought they could fire him with cause.
I don't think that was an answer to my question...

You don’t know that football attendance will be down. With Notre Dame and Clemson on the home schedule, we could actually have a pretty good year, assuming we field a more competitive team (it’s almost impossible not to be more competitive). The CBP payoff will be done in 2 years. The alternative was keeping him, which maybe you wanted but what would have attendance been if Bobby was back on the sideline. As regards your earlier statement about suing a current employer, of course he could. Anybody can sue anybody for anything. If his employer is harassing him in an attempt to force him to quit without meeting their financial obligations, he would have an excellent case. I also doubt TJ would stoop to such tactics if he were the AD. This was the only move they had, though I would have liked to to seem them spread out payments more.
$20 now that our football ticket revenue will be down next year. How 'bout it? Just like it's been down in Mack's first year...

Lol - I said hello - no different than if I would have come to the thing at Saints. Given that you mention it in literally every response to one of my posts, I’d venture to say it was a highlight for you.

“Obsession for Men” by zipp.

Sad.
You're the guy who keeps claiming how unimportant I am. Actions speak louder than words. I'm just reminding you how important I was to you...

I'll guaran-damn-tee you that football ticket revenue is down next year, and down by several million. I'm just trying to figure out when we're gonna get payback on that $14 million investment.

Fortunately, you know I'll keep tracking that. It's what I do...

It’s true you have a history of keeping track of other people’s money, but history also shows you’re not very good at it. Uh-huh

I didn’t see a question mark. Anyways I asked you for a link that would indicate Petrino would act in the manner you suggested. Still waiting!!!!
I gave you an answer to a better question that applies to ALL of college coaching. Unless you have evidence that Petrino is different from his peers. (You don't...)

I gave you an answer to a better question that applies to ALL of college coaching. Unless you have evidence that Petrino is different from his peers. (You don't...)

You didn’t answer the question because you can’t! If you are going to try and make a point, make sure you have some facts to back it up.

You're the guy who keeps claiming how unimportant I am. Actions speak louder than words. I'm just reminding you how important I was to you...
Lol - you’re confusing someone being cordial to you, with the misguided belief that you’re important. I guess you’re not used to being treated in that manner - clearly it’s had a dramatic and lasting effect on you.

Typically I’d feel sorry for for someone in that situation but given that it’s you, I’ve decided against it.

Based on what?
Why is irrelevant. You got enough confidence in the new guys to bet $20 that they make at least as much money on football next year as last year? That's a simple proposition, and it's a line item on the revenue statement--easy to verify...

Last edited:
You didn’t answer the question because you can’t! If you are going to try and make a point, make sure you have some facts to back it up.
I have facts... There are no coaches in major college football working in a situation like I just described.

What Petrino would have done is arguing a hypothetical. You're dodging. You're afraid to put the clowns to a challenge, which is why we're where we are...

Last edited:
Lol - you’re confusing someone being cordial to you, with the misguided belief that you’re important. I guess you’re not used to being treated in that manner - clearly it’s had a dramatic and lasting effect on you.

Typically I’d feel sorry for for someone in that situation but given that it’s you, I’ve decided against it.
Cordial, my a$$. You wanted to meet me or thought I wanted to meet you. And you were obviously clueless in the latter case.

There were 15K other people to share yourself with at Bailout that fateful nite. You purposely chose me...

I have facts... There are no coaches in major college football working in a situation like I just described.

What Petrino would have done is arguing a hypothetical. You're dodging. You're afraid to put the clowns to a challenge, which is why we're where we are...

You have no proof that Petrino would’ve made a decision like you assume. You have no facts. Next time don’t confuse your opinion with facts.

Reactions: BPGhost
Cordial, my a$$. You wanted to meet me or thought I wanted to meet you. And you were obviously clueless in the latter case.

There were 15K other people to share yourself with at Bailout that fateful nite. You purposely chose me...
It must be lonely being the only member of the "zipp" fan club. And creepy...

Let's review that "fateful nite" - lol.

I'm walking out after the game with my friends and out of the corner of my eye, I see someone coming down the escalator dressed in a $2 white t-shirt that's three sizes too big that has Tom Jurich's picture quite amateurishly plastered on the front. If that weren't proof enough, I recognized you from the video where you pushed that old woman into the pool. Our paths crossed and I said "Hey "zipp", I'm BPGhost" and that was it. It certainly didn't feel like a momentous enough occasion for it to so consistently be brought up but hey, I guess that's just another in the long list of ways that we are different.

Had I, as you've deluded yourself "wanted to meet you", I would have reached out to you or, simply come to one of the board gatherings. You're obsessing over a chance encounter.

It's weird.

And sad.

Buddy, you're joking to say I don't track the flow of money. How much do you wanna hear bad news about the clown show?...

That’s not the history I’m referring to. The history i speak of is regarding a Condo Association. You’re always on here running your mouth about how the higher ups at UofL are doing a terrible job with our finances. You live in a glass house.

Reactions: BPGhost
Why is irrelevant. You got enough confidence in the new guys to bet $20 that they make at least as much money on football next year as last year? That's a simple proposition, and it's a line item on the revenue statement--easy to verify...

Well, there were 7 home games last year, and there are only 6 home games this coming year.

You have no proof that Petrino would’ve made a decision like you assume. You have no facts. Next time don’t confuse your opinion with facts.
I have no proof of a hypothetical nor do you. The proof I have is no coach is working in a situation that you claim Petrino would have. You have nothing to counter which is why you don't address that fact...

It must be lonely being the only member of the "zipp" fan club. And creepy...

Let's review that "fateful nite" - lol.

I'm walking out after the game with my friends and out of the corner of my eye, I see someone coming down the escalator dressed in a $2 white t-shirt that's three sizes too big that has Tom Jurich's picture quite amateurishly plastered on the front. If that weren't proof enough, I recognized you from the video where you pushed that old woman into the pool. Our paths crossed and I said "Hey "zipp", I'm BPGhost" and that was it. It certainly didn't feel like a momentous enough occasion for it to so consistently be brought up but hey, I guess that's just another in the long list of ways that we are different.

Had I, as you've deluded yourself "wanted to meet you", I would have reached out to you or, simply come to one of the board gatherings. You're obsessing over a chance encounter.

It's weird.

And sad.
Here's my recollection... A somewhat dweebie looking guy came up to me out of the blue and asked "aren't you 'zipp'?" Which always creeps me out a little because there are so many virtual stalkers like you in the world looking to become the real variety. But feeling safe among hundreds of other people, I said "yes".

From there it's a blur because the experience wasn't very memorable for me. And I would have lived the rest of my life just fine never knowing you existed or what you looked like--which I wouldn't be able to resolve again staring at a police line-up.

Congrats, you got your opportunity to meet 'zipp'. I hope it meant more to you than it meant to me.
That’s not the history I’m referring to. The history i speak of is regarding a Condo Association. You’re always on here running your mouth about how the higher ups at UofL are doing a terrible job with our finances. You live in a glass house.
WTH does an internet lightweight know about any condo association? Are you stalking like the previous guy??...

Well, there were 7 home games last year, and there are only 6 home games this coming year.
One MORE way we're not reclaiming any of that $14 million. Thanks for pointing that out!...

I have no proof of a hypothetical nor do you. The proof I have is no coach is working in a situation that you claim Petrino would have. You have nothing to counter which is why you don't address that fact...

You are the one trying to pass off some half-cocked theory as sound and proven strategy. It’s hogwash and it does nothing to advance your anti-Tyra agenda, despite your best efforts.

WTH does an internet lightweight know about any condo association? Are you stalking like the previous guy??...

Stalking? Ha...Hey Simpleton, your foolishness on the message boards over the years outed who you are, my good memory doesn’t make me a stalker. I just find it funny that you constantly call others out for being so fiscally irresponsible when you actually had an Indiana law changed due to your time served on a Condo association, that’s comical.

Here's my recollection... A somewhat dweebie looking guy came up to me out of the blue and asked "aren't you 'zipp'?" Which always creeps me out a little because there are so many virtual stalkers like you in the world looking to become the real variety. But feeling safe among hundreds of other people, I said "yes".

From there it's a blur because the experience wasn't very memorable for me. And I would have lived the rest of my life just fine never knowing you existed or what you looked like--which I wouldn't be able to resolve again staring at a police line-up.

Congrats, you got your opportunity to meet 'zipp'. I hope it meant more to you than it meant to me.
The safety of numbers sure didn’t work out for that old woman you shoved in the pool.

Lol - “dweebie” is wearing a homemade undershirt with another guy’s face on it. For such an forgettable moment, you sure never miss any opportunity to bring it up. Why is that exactly?

The biggest takeaway I got from that “fateful nite” had to be the look of utter embarrassment on the face of whoever that woman you were with.

It was priceless. :)

One MORE way we're not reclaiming any of that $14 million. Thanks for pointing that out!...
As you know, our schedules bounce back and forth between 6 and 7 home games all the time, and the impact of that is independent of whether or not Petrino is the coach. I was just trying to help set the stage for your "bet".

The more significant thing here is that you keep trying to count the $14 million as additional sunk cost. That $14 million is what Petrino was scheduled to be paid the next three years, so we were going to be out that money anyway. The extra or marginal amount is Satterfield's salary (and the corresponding difference in assistant salaries). Satterfield is getting, I think, 3.25 million per year, or $9.75 million for the next three years. So the extra cost here is not $14 million but rather less than $10 million, which will almost certainly be further offset by an improvement in attendance.

You are the one trying to pass off some half-cocked theory as sound and proven strategy. It’s hogwash and it does nothing to advance your anti-Tyra agenda, despite your best efforts.
And I think you're the guy saying "Vince" had no options besides spending $14 million. Yeah, that's a "sound and proven" approach to managing our finances...

Stalking? Ha...Hey Simpleton, your foolishness on the message boards over the years outed who you are, my good memory doesn’t make me a stalker. I just find it funny that you constantly call others out for being so fiscally irresponsible when you actually had an Indiana law changed due to your time served on a Condo association, that’s comical.
You don't know a damn thing except what you can google on the internet. Stop embarrassing yourself.

LINK

As you know, our schedules bounce back and forth between 6 and 7 home games all the time, and the impact of that is independent of whether or not Petrino is the coach. I was just trying to help set the stage for your "bet".

The more significant thing here is that you keep trying to count the $14 million as additional sunk cost. That $14 million is what Petrino was scheduled to be paid the next three years, so we were going to be out that money anyway. The extra or marginal amount is Satterfield's salary (and the corresponding difference in assistant salaries). Satterfield is getting, I think, 3.25 million per year, or $9.75 million for the next three years. So the extra cost here is not $14 million but rather less than $10 million, which will almost certainly be further offset by an improvement in attendance.
You're paying for a lesser coach and getting results comparable to that. If Satterfield is better than that, you're going to be paying him more. There's no free lunch.

Regardless, your ticket revenue will be going down at the same time you're spending millions more. That's evidently what an AD with a business background will get you...

Two%20slapdcks_zpsnzawskih.jpg

You're paying for a lesser coach and getting results comparable to that. If Satterfield is better than that, you're going to be paying him more. There's no free lunch.

Regardless, your ticket revenue will be going down at the same time you're spending millions more. That's evidently what an AD with a business background will get you...
Well, the coach hired by the previous AD sure didn't get us much last year. I go back to the Corso days, and the product on the field last year was the worst I've witnessed. And if Satterfield ends up getting raises, then that would be because he'a done a good job, which will be positive and will further result in increased attendance.

I don’t care if they work again as long as it’s not here. You guys just feed Zipp. He loves to argue that’s it.

And I think you're the guy saying "Vince" had no options besides spending $14 million. Yeah, that's a "sound and proven" approach to managing our finances...

I didn’t suggest what he should do. I’m just calling out this theory that you are trying to casually pass off as fact. Your hatred of Tyra has led you down this rabbit hole of developing inane theories.

How are you going to verify something that hasn’t happened yet?

Out of touch, in his own world, looking for validation. IOW someone I can relate to... :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT