ADVERTISEMENT

Was Coach Calipari mad at the refs or his players?

Steelers2012

Jan 5, 2012
I didn't watch the game; does anybody know if he was cussing the refs here or his players? Warning: NSFW!!!

I didn't watch it. Losing a 13 point lead with a little over 11 left I would say all of the above.
Or maybe talking to himself.

There sure were. This Calipari Crew is a bit different in that other years there's a couple of these kids that play over their grade level.
Right now these guys all play like what they are....a year from getting ready for the prom.
Gonna be interesting to watch.
Cal may break the Pitino record for getting fan complaints for sideline language.

Likely a player. A few years ago, he called Terrence Jones a "selfish mother f***er." Screamed it right in his face. He did later apologize. The tough love is part of the "getting them ready for the NBA" process.

Or getting loose balls; seems every loose ball was winding up in ND's hands. It was crazy. Amazing that we won.
It is absolutely amazing that we won. I hesitate to say that we didn’t deserve to win as hard as they played but, the percentage of times when you give up 26 (?) offensive rebounds and get out rebounded by double digits and still win, has got to be shockingly low.

Reactions: Steelers2012
Likely a player. A few years ago, he called Terrence Jones a "selfish mother f***er." Screamed it right in his face. He did later apologize. The tough love is part of the "getting them ready for the NBA" process.
Don't care if it's tough love or not. If he ever screamed that at me or my kid, we would have a serious problem to deal with. It makes me wonder if he said something like that towards John Cheney so many years ago. Also, if I recall correctly, he was fined by the NBA for making a racial slur towards a Hispanic reporter when he coached the Nets.

Calipari is a tool. He proves it every time he opens his trap.

Don't care if it's tough love or not. If he ever screamed that at me or my kid, we would have a serious problem to deal with. It makes me wonder if he said something like that towards John Cheney so many years ago. Also, if I recall correctly, he was fined by the NBA for making a racial slur towards a Hispanic reporter when he coached the Nets.

Calipari is a tool. He proves it every time he opens his trap.

I was kidding about the tough love part. He's a jerk. That's all. And, yes, he did call a reporter covering the Nets "You f***ing Mexican idiot."

Reactions: Cue Card
Cal: "It's all about me so if game is going wrong, it must be the players' fault. Let me emphasize that so everyone knows it's not my fault. After all, they are young you know and remember I'm all about the players."

Note to Cal: They will always be young due to your DESIGN so stop using that as your crutch.

I gathered it was his players since he once again did this to them after a loss....

hqdefault.jpg

In March they will be fantastic kids. Unless they lose 2nd round. If they lose 2nd round, then they were a difficult bunch.

Stay tuned.

probably Brad, a player no one recruited who has had some primetime minutes for the Cats this year and can't play a lick

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT