ADVERTISEMENT

Russ Smith Talks About Almost Playing For Scott Drew

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
In 2009-2010,,if I didn’t choose Louisville it for sure would have been Baylor. Scott Drew & his staff recruited me hard. They were down to earth & showed me respect I at the time felt like I didn’t deserve.

I had no stars & was barely known nationally but they were at my neck on every turn.Only thing is, is that, I really wanted to play for Rick & I loved Sosa (Chief Keef voice)

Scott & his team knows talent which is why he’s been able to turn that program around,, im not just saying this because he recruited me,, but his list of players is long…..especially to convince people to WACO Texas.

Pierre Jackson comes to mind immediately & a bunch of others,,,Scott is a diamond in the rough when it comes to building & coaching unappreciated talent.

I would hope if he came to Louisville he could get more than just unappreciated talent. That being said we would have had a decent shot of having 20 wins this year with him coaching, injuries and all.

Reactions: OldhamCard335
Louisville hiring Scott Drew would be immediate transformation back to elite basketball for the Cardinals.

20 wins and March Madness in 2025.

Transfers would be waiting in line and the current Cards players will be hoping Coach Drew wants them to stay.

It would be the best hire Louisville could get. Everything would change and the nightmare would be over.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT