ADVERTISEMENT

Volleyball Red and Black Scrimmage

Sonja

Jun 20, 2001
Louisville
www.cardinalcouple.com
Although I did not attend the scrimmage at Cardinal Arena Friday night, I was able to get the low-down on the action from one of the Cardinal Couple guys who did:

-- The attendance was restricted, about 50-60 people (mostly parents). Masks and social distancing were enforced.
-- The players all wore masks while on the court playing and on the sideline. Interesting...
-- It was a probable starters vs. reserves format. It looks like the Cards starters will be Anna DeBeer, Anna Stevenson, Aiko Jones, Amaya Tillman, Alexis Hamilton, Tori Dilfer and Claire Chausee. The starters won all four sets, although they were all fairly close.

-- Dilfer looks like a winner at setter. Trivia fact: She is the daughter of former NFL QB Trent Dilfer. No word on whether he was in attendance for the scrimmage.

If you are interested in reading more about the match, I can refer you to Cardinal Couple. Their Saturday article covers the match pretty extensively. I hope it won't cause any problems with the Rivals admins that i mention Paulie's site -- certainly not trying to take away readers from here, but the boys over there do a pretty good job in covering women's sports.

cardinalcouple.com

Louisville Volleyball begins their season Friday, Sept. 26th. when they bring in Notre Dame for a 6 p.m. match. Cardinal Arena (OK, The L&N Federal Credit Union Arena is the proper name) is the venue. No word yet on what kind of crowd will be allowed in.

--sonja--
--

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT