ADVERTISEMENT

Vj King

LockdownCard

1500+
Nov 11, 2014
Assuming everyone except the two 5th year seniors return, how do you see Vj King fitting in with next year's team? The kid is the best recruit we've had in some time and I don't see how he wouldn't be starting at the SG spot as soon as he steps on campus.

My only concern with Vj is how Rick will try to break his game down and remoding him like he's done with every player he has bought in. I hope Rick just let's the kid play his game because Vj is smooth and minimize the dropoff of talent and scoring for the departure of Damien Lee.

What are your thoughts?

I think VJ will be great, and gel with the team after about five or six games. I am not worried about Pitino breaking down his game. Mitchell has stepped in nicely this year and he has not been held back. Pitino only does that to help certain players make it to the next level. We will miss Lee and Lewis's leadership. I am also worried that Mango might not be back. Still we will have lots of talent in every position,and will be a very exciting team to watch.

Go Cards!!

I think King will do fine and he will be a big part of our success next year, I don't see CRP trying to reshape him.

Provided everybody stays, I think VJ will fit in nicely with the team next season. I think he'll be splitting plenty of minutes with Adel at the SF position for the most part so that position could be very solid. Also ALLNCARD made an excellent point about how freshman Mitchell has flourished this year. It is a myth that Pitino doesn't play freshmen simply because he doesn't want to.

If the freshman is ready- especially on defense- then he gives them minutes. I believe that Mitchell, Spalding, and Adel (who would've gotten more PT if healthy all season) are a testimony to that- and Pitino has let freshmen play big minutes in the past as well..

With Mango is done as a card, will we have an extra scholarship for next season?
With, Lewis, Lee & maybe Mango replacing with Hicks, Hughes, & King. Heard we were still in the running for a five star power forward, but that might be for 2017.

What do you all think our preseason ranking will be next year? Top 5? Top 10? Top 20? I think we are at least at preseason top 10 team.

I'm talking about the 2016 class

Forgetting that David Levitch was put on scholarship this season as well, so there are 3 openings and all three are currently filled. If Mathiang/Onuaku leave then you have a 4th scholarship and there is a PF Pitino is recruiting, name slips my mind, maybe Micah Thomas

Forgetting that David Levitch was put on scholarship this season as well, so there are 3 openings and all three are currently filled. If Mathiang/Onuaku leave then you have a 4th scholarship and there is a PF Pitino is recruiting, name slips my mind, maybe Micah Thomas
Nanu is crazy if he leaves. He isn't nowhere ready for the league, then again Skal is a top ten pick.:oops:

Assuming everyone except the two 5th year seniors return, how do you see Vj King fitting in with next year's team? The kid is the best recruit we've had in some time and I don't see how he wouldn't be starting at the SG spot as soon as he steps on campus.

My only concern with Vj is how Rick will try to break his game down and remoding him like he's done with every player he has bought in. I hope Rick just let's the kid play his game because Vj is smooth and minimize the dropoff of talent and scoring for the departure of Damien Lee.

What are your thoughts?
VJ King will be the catalyst to already a great driven team and with that mixture Louisville will be a hard team to deal with I wouldn't be surprise it they lose two games or less all year.

Reactions: Louisvillian
Top 10 but vj King is even better than advertised imo. Another final 4 run coming.

I live in the DMV and am a HS and AAU coach in private school. Last year I really thought VJK was a big big deal in Akron who was almost overwhelmed at times by the basketball in the Washington Catholic Athletic Conference and you have DeMatha, O'Connell, Gonzaga, St. John's College Prep, Bishop Mcguiness night in and night out. But this year, dude is really playing great. Man, he will fit perfectly for you all. He is athletic, tough, a real fighter who has improved his offense by adding a reliable jumper from range to go with his slashing and above the rim style. Very good catch, another player Pitino will get great results with, a serious NBA prospect, not one and done, but may end up with a three year contract and a chance to have a 8 year career or so. But that is really projecting waaaay too far out...you get the point though.

I live in the DMV and am a HS and AAU coach in private school. Last year I really thought VJK was a big big deal in Akron who was almost overwhelmed at times by the basketball in the Washington Catholic Athletic Conference and you have DeMatha, O'Connell, Gonzaga, St. John's College Prep, Bishop Mcguiness night in and night out. But this year, dude is really playing great. Man, he will fit perfectly for you all. He is athletic, tough, a real fighter who has improved his offense by adding a reliable jumper from range to go with his slashing and above the rim style. Very good catch, another player Pitino will get great results with, a serious NBA prospect, not one and done, but may end up with a three year contract and a chance to have a 8 year career or so. But that is really projecting waaaay too far out...you get the point though.
Awesome!! Thanks!

What are your thoughts?
As far as the remolding thing... Donavon Mitchell and Ray Spalding are doing just fine. Adel missed a lot of time but he is coming along. I don't know what you mean by, "like he's done with every player he has bought in".

Isn't a coach supposed to develop players?

Reactions: Cue Card
If King doesn't earn his playing time, then he won't play much. I don't care how highly ranked he is. He'll have to earn PT by showing he's ready to play defense on the collegiate level. If he's ready then Pitino will play him. As it's already been pointed out, he plays frosh when they're ready to contribute.

Reactions: shadow force
People need to not put so much pressure on VJ expecting him to just step in and replace a very polished 5th yr senior in Lee. Lee is a gamer, and its a shame he wasn't at UofL earlier. I know VJ is a gamer too, but lets be fair to him and let him get adjusted to the very top level of D-1, and grow. You know how Pitino breaks them down and rebuilds them, so time is the only variable. Just be patient for his sake.

The thing is we will be so deep that we don't need VJ to step right in unlike down the road where everyone expects you to go undefeated and be a 1st round draft pick.

I agree that lots of schools missed on Lee. Adel showed saturday that he is able to step in and fill the void for Lee next year. King will be brought along and will earn his PT in practice like everyone else.

I don't see how he wouldn't be starting at the SG spot as soon as he steps on campus.
I do.If Mitchell slides over to the point,it's Mitchell,King and Deng at the 3.Thinking back,Mitchell has shown an ability to find people.A slight improvement in his ball handling skills and he pushes himself to the point,imo.

I do.If Mitchell slides over to the point,it's Mitchell,King and Deng at the 3.Thinking back,Mitchell has shown an ability to find people.A slight improvement in his ball handling skills and he pushes himself to the point,imo.
Maybe but as of right now, the best option at point guard is Snider. He takes care of the ball and has a very solid assist to turnover ratio. We'll have plenty of scoring options so Snider can be a true point with the pass first mentality. I can see Mitchell sliding over playing the 2 spot a lot next year.

Reactions: jim57
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT