ADVERTISEMENT

Vandy

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
So this game usually doesn't carry the weight of the world between these two major programs like it likely will for the Cards tomorrow night.
If we don't think it's a must win I'm fine with that but it helps to continue the momentum swing for the Cards while boosting their RPI. Vandy sitting at 22 in the latest RPI while the Cards are now at 66. Huge game and I'm guessing a resurgent Carson Ligget will be on the bump?

Playing Vandy on the road will help regardless. But, I, for one, think this is a must win. You’ve got the UNC series coming up AT UNC. That is going to very tough. You need this road win! The hitters must be dialed in and produce.

Playing Vandy on the road will help regardless. But, I, for one, think this is a must win. You’ve got the UNC series coming up AT UNC. That is going to very tough. You need this road win! The hitters must be dialed in and produce.
You thinking like me it's Ligget? He didn't throw all weekend.

This is a definite must win to seal a tournament spot unless the Cards lose out or something.

But I just don't see any way the Cards beating Vandy. I see 12+ runs for the Commodores.

I think a rain out would probably be better than a 15 to 3 loss.

But a Cards win could be the turn around we fans have been waiting for all season?

Probably not. Doubt there will be time available to re-schedule.

Best shot for rain looks like early afternoon and late evening. I think they'll get a window. We need a window and a win.

Vandy is coming off a 3 game losing streak, and just dropped out of the top 25. Plus, they've got UT this weekend. Maybe their confidence is down. Maybe they are looking ahead to the Vols. As I mentioned in another thread, the Cards should be confident. Mac knows Corbin well. I like the setup. Kind of feels like the stars are aligning a little bit for this one.

Reactions: Deeva
I think the Cards should approach the next 8 like they're elimination games. Not likely to win them all but they should have that mindset that any loss could endanger their chance to play in the big one...starting tonight.

Not looking good to get the game in.

NWS Nashville:
Let's talk about today. We can't let our guard down for today. Multiples rounds of showers / thunderstorms will move through, with some storms becoming strong to severe. Damaging winds and large hail are the main concerns, but a tornado cannot be ruled out.

Or, Dan starts West and throws one pitch and Vandy crushes it for a HR.

Reactions: earsky
Walks the next guy and Everything is up in the strike zone. Just seems like the coaches just don’t know the pitchers and make too many wrong choices. I hope he settles in.

Biggest game of the season and we look nervous 😓
Nervous is one word to use. I can think of a few other choice words. I honestly feel like the coaches don’t know there own players.

That at-bat vs Napleton is exactly how you mix pitches; type of pitch, speed and location.

I'm beyond confused why Ligget didn't get the start. He showed signs of getting himself going. Idk...I just thought for sure it was him. We gotta chase this guy off!!

Reactions: Bardman
I’m goving them the top of the 7th and I am moving on to other things. What are the chances Zion is in a UofL uniform next year? I am beyond worried he leaves and is playing at some jackass $EC program next year with a fat NIL deal.

I’m goving them the top of the 7th and I am moving on to other things. What are the chances Zion is in a UofL uniform next year? I am beyond worried he leaves and is playing at some jackass $EC program next year with a fat NIL deal.
I don't think he's the only one. We can't give up anymore runs.

There's the zero! Now we need some freaking baserunners. Nice to see nothings changed on every hard hit ball right at somebody. Good Lord can we get something hit hard in a gap?

3 errors - so far. This group’s focus is not good. At the plate they go brain-dead. In the field, they just make silly mistakes. Frustrating.

Routine type throwing errors. Hitters count every batter and guys at the plate producing squat. Please pinch hit somebody.

Time to shake it up at the top of the lineup. Oh well,on to Chapel Hill.
They ought to just drive straight there,get drunk and get in a fight at a bar or something. 🤷‍♂️

I believe the focus should be on the ACC, and not losing to Vandy. Obviously the kids like the challenge of playing Vandy, and in some respects our performance last night was encouraging. Some of the throwing errors along with the abundance of walks explains the two run loss.

That last slider was outside and represented ball four and would have resulted in another run and still bases loaded. It is the subtle things here and there that often make the difference between a win or a loss.

Can't blame it on the pitching this time. Anemic display of hitting and one really bad throwing error. The offense needs a little tweeking. Benson is now down around 260,Hoy has dipped below 300. The top needs some energy injection. Maybe Alicea,maybe give Moore another crack,Lippe 🤔?

I'm assuming Beard is still out with injuries? I really thought he would be pinch hitting instead of Anderson for that last AB.
You would think except dude on TV was talking about BA being 6 for 11 against lefties so I'm not certain about Beard. I do know that wasn't just any old lefty. That curve was nasty against left handed hitters.

Beard played the other day - don’t think he is hurt. Coaching decisions, coaching decisions and more coaching decisions. Pitching wasn’t horrible; but, West got demolished and we got behind. Parker looked like Wild Thing from Major League.
Goes back to consistency. This group just doesn’t have it and they don’t have ‘it’. If they are ‘on’ they can be very dangerous. I just see them being able to be ‘on’ more than a couple of games at a time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT