ADVERTISEMENT

UMass should vacate decision to honor John Calipari

It does not mater. What does matter is his low class behavior. I AM a graduate of UL but was raised in Lexington though I spent most of my life in Los Angeles, But i worked for Commonwealth Life ( I think it is called Capital something now) as a Security Analyst. I lived in Louisville for seven years and enjoyed it and pulled for the Cards then except for when they played UK. Senore whoever seems to have confidence issues and he posts a lot of irrelevant babble. I don't think he really likes basketball. Did he ever attend UL, not that he would have had to be be a fan.
He never attended UL. On another board he said that he flunked out of Murray State. Senore is not going to give you a straight answer. He's a troll. He spends all of his time trolling numerous message boards.

He never attended UL. On another board he said that he flunked out of Murray State. Senore is not going to give you a straight answer. He's a troll. He spends all of his time trolling numerous message boards.

Wow. ..having UK fans on a Louisville board taking about trolls...damn the irony in that sentence is classic. ...

Oh the shame

How dumb are you anyway? I was a UL fan and backer way before you were a fetus. 8 posts? Get lost!

Haha, mind reading troll who thinks post counts matter. ..

My reference to UK fans on the boards as trolls were more directed to the ones who admit it, and are still here. ...

Whether you admit it or not is an issue you need to deal with. ..

Let em go, Syn, lol. This is great.

Neither of these trolls has invested a minute in talking about a UofL player. Their favorite subject is me, currently. I like the input. Maybe they can make me mature into somebody some day.

They sure make a lot of profound people down in UK land. All they need is a word and they make you mature and recognize their wealth of knowledge. It has to be a sort of genetic existential gift.

It's either that or else maybe they are typically resentful slapdicks, trying for God only knows what on a Louisville board. It's very cornfusing.

These guys should be celebrating, Richie is outta jail and Bubba is crying.

They sure make a lot of profound people down in UK land. All they need is a word and they make you mature and recognize their wealth of knowledge. It has to be a sort of genetic existential gift.

It's either that or else maybe they are typically resentful slapdicks, trying for God only knows what on a Louisville board. It's very cornfusing.

These guys should be celebrating, Richie is outta jail and Bubba is crying.

First you slander Cal, then BBN and gonna take a cheap shot at Ritchie...smh
I do not understand why ul fans are so preoccupied with UK.
Well....i guess everyone can move on now..Cal has been completely exonerated and there really is nothing that needs to be said on the matter.

LOL. What about poor Bubba? Richie is gone, man. The cell will never be the same, Homer.

First you slander Cal, then BBN and gonna take a cheap shot at Ritchie...smh
I do not understand why ul fans are so preoccupied with UK.
Well....i guess everyone can move on now..Cal has been completely exonerated and there really is nothing that needs to be said on the matter.

This poster MIGHT have potential.

Reactions: LockdownCard
Let em go, Syn, lol. This is great.

Neither of these trolls has invested a minute in talking about a UofL player. Their favorite subject is me, currently. I like the input. Maybe they can make me mature into somebody some day.
Dude - You haven't posted about any UL players. You posted about Coach Cow - At 3:16 AM. You're infatuated by the wrong coach. Even Oscar Combs couldn't be doing that at 3:16 AM.

Does ANYONE on this forum like to talk about basketball. It seems more like a place for the weak-need (sic) to try and prove their insecurity. Especially those who babble on with punk philosophy. As for UK fans being on this forum if you pay you play. Sports are NOT just for the fanatics. Back and forth is healthy. Besides, people (?) like Senore do NOT own any of this forum. Not even a nano-square. Scout's forums, on the other hand, is for cry babies.

Reactions: bloodguard13
Does ANYONE on this forum like to talk about basketball. It seems more like a place for the weak-need (sic) to try and prove their insecurity. Especially those who babble on with punk philosophy. As for UK fans being on this forum if you pay you play. Sports are NOT just for the fanatics. Back and forth is healthy. Besides, people (?) like Senore do NOT own any of this forum. Not even a nano-square. Scout's forums, on the other hand, is for cry babies.

Oh please. You don't want to talk basketball any more than the posters you are trying to chastise- and they actually do talk about the game in other threads. There are plenty of threads on this board talking about basketball yet you only post in this one and then claim there is no one that wants to talk about basketball. If you really wanted to then you would've added to the conversation in those other threads or you can start your own thread since you are so adamant about it.

Grinreaper, turducken, and Homer--call it the Circle Jerk thread, the name will work on several levels.

Lets get back to the topic of the thread, should UMass cancel this fake honoring of Cal? I think Cal is the one coming up with the idea to of these fake ceremonies to honor himself. The reason I say this is because I was told by a good friend who is a long time member of the " Highland 100 " that Cal was the one who came up with the idea in Memphis. He suggest they have a plate dinner at $300.00 a pop and the university can keep the money he just wants the accolades so he will be placed higher on the pedestal. That is pretty sad when you have to create a ceremony for people to honor you.

Reactions: Cue Card
Lets get back to the topic of the thread, should UMass cancel this fake honoring of Cal? I think Cal is the one coming up with the idea to of these fake ceremonies to honor himself. The reason I say this is because I was told by a good friend who is a long time member of the " Highland 100 " that Cal was the one who came up with the idea in Memphis. He suggest they have a plate dinner at $300.00 a pop and the university can keep the money he just wants the accolades so he will be placed higher on the pedestal. That is pretty sad when you have to create a ceremony for people to honor you.
I would find new friends if I were you. The old "my buddy said…. " doesn't fly on a message board. Links or it didn't happen. I know it's fun for you guys to cut down Calipari but statements like this just make you look like you're making stuff up.

Kyjeff1, since you lack knowledge in MANY ways the " Highland 100 " club is the big money donors for the University of Memphis. Cal was very close to them while at Memphis the friend that told me this is someone I do business with on a regular basis. He is also the one that Calipari talked to about the fundraiser.

You also need to use your common sense when you think about these schools and why on earth would they honor someone who screwed them over. As far as me lacking friends you're the one that has to go to another message board that you are not a fan of.

Kyjeff1, since you lack knowledge in MANY ways the " Highland 100 " club is the big money donors for the University of Memphis. Cal was very close to them while at Memphis the friend that told me this is someone I do business with on a regular basis. He is also the one that Calipari talked to about the fundraiser.

You also need to use your common sense when you think about these schools and why on earth would they honor someone who screwed them over. As far as me lacking friends you're the one that has to go to another message board that you are not a fan of.
I'm The one that lacks knowledge? You haven't posted a true statement yet.
Calipari didn't screw Umass over. If you want to point a finger you need to point it at Camby. Calipari was cleared of all wrongdoing. It was proven that he did not know about the Camby issues.
All you guys have been saying Pitino didn't know about what Andres McGee was doing so don't say it's not possible that the coach didn't know.
Again, this is a forum, if you don't have a link you just make yourself look bad by stating things that "well my buddy said…. ". That's garbage.

Just like he didn't know Rose at Memphis wasn't going to classes and somebody else was taking his test for him. He's nothing more than another Eddie Sutton. Marcus Camby was a pro athlete and his basketball coach didn't know anything about it, you're in lala land. They could print Calipari's guilt on the front page of USA Today and you would still say it is not true.

As far as Pitino having knowledge of Andre McGhee's involvement with the prostitute, I think Pitino didn't know what was going on. Andre McGhee was a small part of the UL program if he was a known threat to Pitino he would have been gone. It makes no sense that Pitino would get rid of Chane Behanan and Kevin Ware for violating team rules but not get rid of McGhee.

Behanan and Ware on the team could have given Pitino and UL another title. McGhee had minor duties and his departure had no part in the success of the team. Like I said use common sense, oh! I keep forgetting you're a sUcK fan who got lost and wandered over to the wrong board.

Just like he didn't know Rose at Memphis wasn't going to classes and somebody else was taking his test for him. He's nothing more than another Eddie Sutton. Marcus Camby was a pro athlete and his basketball coach didn't know anything about it, you're in lala land. They could print Calipari's guilt on the front page of USA Today and you would still say it is not true.

As far as Pitino having knowledge of Andre McGhee's involvement with the prostitute, I think Pitino didn't know what was going on. Andre McGhee was a small part of the UL program if he was a known threat to Pitino he would have been gone. It makes no sense that Pitino would get rid of Chane Behanan and Kevin Ware for violating team rules but not get rid of McGhee.

Behanan and Ware on the team could have given Pitino and UL another title. McGhee had minor duties and his departure had no part in the success of the team. Like I said use common sense, oh! I keep forgetting you're a sUcK fan who got lost and wandered over to the wrong board.
Wow, you really don't have a clue do you? You make up some ridiculous story about Cal, then say that he knows everything that goes on with all his players and in the same breath say Pitino doesn't even know what goes on with his coaches. And to top it off you post something about Rose that wasn't even what happened in his situation. Lmao, "here's your sign" never fit a poster any better than it fits you.

Wow! So you think Cal doesn't know and if he did he would take care of the situation. The situation with Rose had to do with test being taken for him to get in to school and classes and test taken for him after he got to Memphis. So you're posting that is not the case, it is post like yours that are lame and made up.

How many players has Cal kicked off one of his teams for violating team rules? None and he has had plenty of problems at his programs. In Memphis he had problems every week, in one situation he had 7 players go down to Beale Street and start a fight in a club. The club called the police and when the police came in they started a brawl with the police and nobody was kicked off the team or even disciplined.

How many players has Pitino kicked off his teams for violation of teams rules. He has kicked 3 players off for violations of rules in the past few years and over the years he has suspended quite a few players. The players he kicked off the team were good players who made major contribution to the team and cost the team a lot. Know what your talking about before post.

The OP should post UL threads. Tired of all the UK threads. The only thing to do with UK is to beat them.

Wow! So you think Cal doesn't know and if he did he would take care of the situation. The situation with Rose had to do with test being taken for him to get in to school and classes and test taken for him after he got to Memphis. So you're posting that is not the case, it is post like yours that are lame and made up.

How many players has Cal kicked off one of his teams for violating team rules? None and he has had plenty of problems at his programs. In Memphis he had problems every week, in one situation he had 7 players go down to Beale Street and start a fight in a club. The club called the police and when the police came in they started a brawl with the police and nobody was kicked off the team or even disciplined.

How many players has Pitino kicked off his teams for violation of teams rules. He has kicked 3 players off for violations of rules in the past few years and over the years he has suspended quite a few players. The players he kicked off the team were good players who made major contribution to the team and cost the team a lot. Know what your talking about before post.
You are wrong on so many levels. First off, anything that had to deal with Rose happened while he was in high school. He hadn't even committed to Memphis when the transgressions supposedly happened. As for Calipari and Marcus Camby situation, if Calipari knew about what was going on, then why was he the one that notified the ncaa and made Marcus Camby cooperate with the ncaa?

You really need to do some homework before you get involved in these threads. Calipari couldn't kick Rose or Camby off the team because they weren't on the team when the alegations came out. Rose had been cleared by the NCAA to play and then ruled ineligible after the season was over. And as far as Camby goes, the guy was 22 years old, you don't think a 22 year old man couldn't keep his Coach from knowing a agent gave him money? The NCAA took away wins that the players played in, not the games Calipari coached because they ruled he wasn't involved. But you can't really believe that Calipari knew what was going on with his 15 players and 3 assistants and Pitino didn't know what his 3 or 4 assistants were doing.

Reactions: kyjeff1
You are wrong on so many levels. First off, anything that had to deal with Rose happened while he was in high school. He hadn't even committed to Memphis when the transgressions supposedly happened. As for Calipari and Marcus Camby situation, if Calipari knew about what was going on, then why was he the one that notified the ncaa and made Marcus Camby cooperate with the ncaa?
It doesn't much matter what anyone says here, you have your mind made up, and frankly so do we. You're not going to change how I feel about Calipari, and I know I'm not changing yours. With that in mind, why bother? Why exactly are YOU here? This argument isn't worth pursuing. Most here think he's a slime bag. You obviously don't. OK. Good for you. Go away.

In regards to Memphis and Rose the NCAA found that Rose not only had somebody take the test for him but he also had a grade changed from D to a C. Memphis also gave money to his brother to travel back and forth multiple times and the investigation concluded that Memphis had knowledge of everything going on. It is hard to believe this was going on without Cal knowing it.
In regards to Camby, UMass acknowledged wrong doing after the facts came out. The investigation of Camby was under way before Cal or UMas came forward. This was a similar problem that UK had with Eric Kantor or Kantes whatever his name was. There seems to be a vetting problem with Cal.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
A
It doesn't much matter what anyone says here, you have your mind made up, and frankly so do we. You're not going to change how I feel about Calipari, and I know I'm not changing yours. With that in mind, why bother? Why exactly are YOU here? This argument isn't worth pursuing. Most here think he's a slime bag. You obviously don't. OK. Good for you. Go away.
A truer statement has never been typed on this board.

Last edited:
In regards to Memphis and Rose the NCAA found that Rose not only had somebody take the test for him but he also had a grade changed from D to a C. Memphis also gave money to his brother to travel back and forth multiple times and the investigation concluded that Memphis had knowledge of everything going on. It is hard to believe this was going on without Cal knowing it.
In regards to Camby, UMass acknowledged wrong doing after the facts came out. The investigation of Camby was under way before Cal or UMas came forward. This was a similar problem that UK had with Eric Kantor or Kantes whatever his name was. There seems to be a vetting problem with Cal.
Thanks for confirming that you haven't done your homework on the issues. I would bet your own guys are still laughing at the Eric Kantor reference. But you didn't answer my question, how do you have a hard time believing Calipari didn't know about Camby, but can believe Pitino didnt know what was going on?

How was I not doing my homework, UMass was placed on probation because of Camby's connection with agents, taking money and gifts. UK was headed down the same path with Kantor with the main difference being Cal knew Kantor excepted money to play basketball which made him ineligible for college basketball. However, Cal was still trying to get him at UK. I guess my mistake was not the vetting process but the fact that he knew the players were ineligible but he still tried to use them.

Yeah you're pretty much out of touch with everything, I can't save you, maybe one of these days you will figure out what happens outside of La La Land. Good luck.

Not to mention the fact that the crooked a$$ NCAA idiots cleared Rose…. TWICE before coming back after the season was over to re-open the case and declare him ineligible.

I have explained several times why I think Pitino did not know about the McGhee situation but UK fans continue to ask me why I don't think Pitino knew. I will explain my reasoning one more time. I find it odd that Pitino would kick key players of the team for violating team rules, players that were good enough to help UL to another title.

If Pitino is willing to do that he would have been willing to fire Andre McGhee from a really non essential job for jeporadizing the program. This is why I think Pitino didn't know.

LOL, you should go back and do your research, you are partially correct on all things and as far as the Enes Kanter situation, again, nothing to di with Cal, the NCAA deemed him ineligible, simple as that. Calipari thought he would be cleared so I don't get your point with that situation. You just need to go do some research before you continue to post about things you really don't know about. I think you're just using Zipp as your source. Don't do that.

Why do you think Cal had no knowledge of grade fixing on class work and test scores and Memphis giving Roses's brother travel and accommodations money on several occasions. Rose's test scores that made Rose eligible to attend Memphis were taken after Rose had committed to Memphis.

So your saying the only reason Cal continued to recruit Kantor after the NCAA said he wasn't eligible is because Cal still thought he was eligible. Well here lies the problem, if Cal didn't know playing semi pro basketball would make you ineligible to play college basketball I can understand why he has had multiple problems at multiple places. LOL

How was I not doing my homework, UMass was placed on probation because of Camby's connection with agents, taking money and gifts. UK was headed down the same path with Kantor with the main difference being Cal knew Kantor excepted money to play basketball which made him ineligible for college basketball. However, Cal was still trying to get him at UK. I guess my mistake was not the vetting process but the fact that he knew the players were ineligible but he still tried to use them.
Okay, so why would Calipari not try to get the kid cleared? Just some information for you. In foreign countries, yes, Turkey is a foreign country, there is no college basketball or AAU. A kid like Enes has to rely on playing pro ball which requires contracts and $$$. The family was given more money than the NCAA figured he was allowed to take. The Kanter family had the money and was going to pay it back to satisfy the NCAA but the NCAA didn't agree so instead of allowing the kid to play they found reasons to declare him ineligible.
So there are the facts, what did Calipari do in that situation that was so crooked?
You should just quit while you're not so far behind.

So your saying the only reason Cal continued to recruit Kantor after the NCAA said he wasn't eligible is because Cal still thought he was eligible. Well here lies the problem, if Cal didn't know playing semi pro basketball would make you ineligible to play college basketball I can understand why he has had multiple problems at multiple places. LOL
Wow, just wow, you really don't know much of anything, maybe my last post will clear this up for you.
International rules are different and the NCAA recognizes that. Many international players have been cleared under similar circumstances but they simply didn't clear Kanter. This has nothing to do with Calipari. If Kanter was cleared UK would have had a great season, instead they only made the Final Four.

Why do you think Cal had no knowledge of grade fixing on class work and test scores and Memphis giving Roses's brother travel and accommodations money on several occasions. Rose's test scores that made Rose eligible to attend Memphis were taken after Rose had committed to Memphis.
Because it happened while Rose was in HS (HS stands for High School) in Philadelphia and the NCAA cleared him. If the NCAA clears your recruit to play…. Twice, are you not going to play him? I can't believe you still don't get this.
Bottom line:
The NCAA cleared Calipari in the Camby/UMass situation and said there was no way Calipari could have known Camby took money from an agent.
The NCAA ALSO cleared Calipari in the Rose/HS/Memphis situation and said Calipari wasn't involved in the wrongdoing.
In my opinion the NCAA botched that whole thing by twice looking into the situation and clearing him both times, then going back AFTER the season and then decide to correctly do their job.
You guys better hope the NCAA doesn't treat the McGee situation the same. They aren't the fairest of organizations.

Wow! just Wow! I did not know you could play pro basketball in other countries and then come over to the U.S. and play college ball. I was wondering you said there have been other players that played pro ball overseas and were able to come to the states and play college ball. That is why Cal kept recruiting Kantor, could you do me a favor and name some of them for and where they went to college. I guess I learned something new today.

Reactions: Senore2006
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT