ADVERTISEMENT

UMass should vacate decision to honor John Calipari

Shaughnessy is a great sports writer. He has been chosen as the Massachusetts Sportswriter of the Year eleven times and nine times has been voted one of America’s top 10 sports columnists by his peers, the AP Sports Editors.

He's also right. UMass is selling out for the money by honoring the coach who looked the other way until he couldn't any longer then left the program in shambles 20 years ago. A program that really hasn't recovered and probably never will. It will only cost you $300 a plate to stroll down memory lane with that coach in person. I wonder how much of the memory will surface regarding the star player and his agent hanging around the basketball program? I doubt the coach will talk much about that portion of the stroll. It's selective memory. He's real good at it.

Memphis was wise enough to cancel their celebration of the invisible banner.
Umass should do the same. Especially since their star was into everything.

"That was one of the more thrilling sports stories of 1996 and it remained a wonderful memory right up until it was learned that star player Marcus Camby already had turned professional while he was still playing for UMass. Camby had a couple of agents and had been the recipient of cash, thousands of dollars worth of jewelry, and the services of PROSTITUTES while he was playing for coach Cal (Camby’s jersey number already is retired at UMass, so go figure)."

Reactions: Cue Card
When you are a school like UMass and you don't have a lot of banners to hang you will take any sport celebration you can get. The shame of it is they are celebrating corruption that was once in their program.
This does make me wonder, whose Idea was this dinner any way? I find it odd that both Memphis and UMass wanted to have a dinner honoring Cal.
This sounds more like Cal calling both schools and suggesting it himself. He probably sold it to them as a money maker for both schools.
I see Cal making the phone call now, " Hi this is Cal remember me? Why don't you throw a $300.00 a plate dinner in my honor, you keep the money and I get my ego stroked".

Opinions abound on this issue, but UMASS has decided to move ahead and honor Cal. Time to move on, because even Cal hater Shaughnessy is not going to change the school's decision.

Opinions abound on this issue, but UMASS has decided to move ahead and honor Cal. Time to move on, because even Cal hater Shaughnessy is not going to change the school's decision.
Not trying to change their mind, just a reminder to the sports world that UK hired a turd. You can polish a turd all you want, but the end product still smells like a turd.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Why "move on"? This excellent writer wanted to revisit the decision of an event that hadn't taken place yet. It is completely newsworthy, lol. UK fans just don't like what it says.

At least Memphis fans got loud enough to laugh and point to a degree that their President completely shut down a fundraising opportunity.

"Moving on" is the desperate plea of UK fans regarding Cal which beats like a metronome on a frightfully consistent basis. The entire basketball galaxy is laughing at UMass right now. The other less comfortable fact is they are laughing directly at their former coach in the process. This will never change, lol. Better "move on" and accept that opinion.

Reactions: Cue Card
The thing I would think about at 3:16 AM would be Cal.
You have a fan, Turd. Take a lap. That might be a first.

I'm puzzled why you bother to post your comparative 3:16 behavior. Does this mean what you say it does? Do other people's sleeping habits fascinate a guy like you? That makes you pretty easy to please, doesn't it?

They know about it and they have already punished you by sending you Skal to replace Townes.

Reactions: Blueaz
You have a fan, Turd. Take a lap. That might be a first.

I'm puzzled why you bother to post your comparative 3:16 behavior. Does this mean what you say it does? Do other people's sleeping habits fascinate a guy like you? That makes you pretty easy to please, doesn't it?

I think he may mean it seems like an obsession. Just a guess.

Reactions: turducken71
I think he may mean it seems like an obsession. Just a guess.
How well do you know this guy? LOL, if you want practical lessons on Obsession, his classes are in progress all day long.

I doubt you actually understand what Obsession really means, for that matter.

Look at where you are.

How well do you know this guy? LOL, if you want practical lessons on Obsession, his classes are in progress all day long.

I doubt you actually understand what Obsession really means, for that matter.

Look at where you are.
Someone has rented 24 hour head space to Cal. It's what one does at 3:16 AM. Keeps one up all night.

LOL, you haven't changed a bit. Any attention is good attention.

I couldn't do that. You remind me of this at thankfully rare intervals. So thanks.

LOL, you haven't changed a bit. Any attention is good attention.

I couldn't do that. You remind me of this at thankfully rare intervals. So thanks.[/QUOT

Especially at 3:16 AM I'll bet. LOL! Obsession: "Senore posts that MUST be delivered by said Senore in order to satisfy his inflated sense of self. For example, he predicts things such as Duke over UK by 12 points without any valid reason to do so. And then never stands up to his failures. Another obsession of his is calling everyone who frustrates him "trrolls", which are little imaginary gnome like creatures who live under bridges in Ireland. Pretty weird stuff.

Fir the life of me, I don't understand why people quote something without comment. Having nothing to say is fine. Why advertise it?

Fir the life of me, I don't understand why people quote something without comment. Having nothing to say is fine. Why advertise it?

It was there. I'll repeat it for you.

Especially at 3:16 AM I'll bet. LOL! Obsession: "Senore posts that MUST be delivered by said Senore in order to satisfy his inflated sense of self. For example, he predicts things such as Duke over UK by 12 points without any valid reason to do so. And then never stands up to his failures. Another obsession of his is calling everyone who frustrates him "trolls", which are little imaginary gnome like creatures who live under bridges in Ireland. Pretty weird stuff.

Especially at 3:16 AM I'll bet. LOL! Obsession: "Senore posts that MUST be delivered by said Senore in order to satisfy his inflated sense of self. For example, he predicts things such as Duke over UK by 12 points without any valid reason to do so. And then never stands up to his failures. Another obsession of his is calling everyone who frustrates him "trolls", which are little imaginary gnome like creatures who live under bridges in Ireland. Pretty weird stuff.
Yes you are.........weird! LOL

This thread has really strayed from the original topic, I guess that is what sUcK fans do when the topic is directed at their redkneck program.

I'm curious about the limited mentality which ascribes judgement about the time a person posts. As far as the Duke prediction is concerned, UK just lasted a bit longer than I thought they would. UCLA proved the win over Duke was really something of a fluke. UCLA bore me out.

Anyway, petty concerns of small minded people are the issue I feel like addressing. It's not a pretty look. As far as when anyone posts, not just the big people these idiots want to challenge, there may be a simple possibility - that someone woke up in the middle of the night because he or she couldn't sleep. Honestly, are we to assume that the Grinreaper - whose posting style shows an intimate relationship of his very own towards me - holds judgements which include when in America people are allowed to type now? Let's visit some other possible reasons for violating Grin's epic take on another grown man................perhaps a medical condition which screwed with their sleep? Maybe the person had no particular wake-up time and can choose his times of day or night to type on a message board. Generally speaking, Occam's Razor says the simplest answer is usually correct. The steaming suspicion of wankers with such mental limits as to judge others with such stupid small-minded abandon is a sad commentary on their lives, not remotely close to shining some magical light of insight into the person being judged.

The real fact is that I write late at night because it's quiet. I also take walks then too, because I am rebuilding my legs, rehabbing from 2 cancer surgeries which were thankfully very successful but about as invasive as surgery gets. Then there is this, of course........I write for a living, actually. I love writing. Visit my blog sometime and see for yourself because I chronicle the last 35 years of a career in landscaping, designing and installing, for which I won state and national awards. I sure as hell won't post its address here, but will gladly give it up to anyone who messages me. Your apology can go that route too.

Have you done that, Grinning Reaper? Write for a living? Raised children, run a business, designed world class homes? If so, let's hoist a beer sometime and talk about it. I'll buy the first round.

One reason I've always cast the Turd as a UK fan is because he thinks like that and that sort of hating thinking is common there. It's a really very short walk to that conclusion. That they don't understand is part of the opaque situation they find about the modern world around them. The next step is pity and no one wants that because it would also mean I spent more than the time it took to post this, addressing people with whom I have so little in common.

Eric Hoffer: "The suspicious mind believes more than it doubts. It believes in a formidable and ineradicable evil lurking in every person. Someone who thinks the world is always cheating him is right. He is missing that wonderful feeling of trust in someone or something."

Last edited:
I won't do this again, guys out there, lol. I just felt like it needed saying.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-18721-1415734343-5.gif

I understand smacking a troll around for fun, but Senore2006, you didn't just smack him around. You destroyed him, then left him confused and bewildered. You know deep down that you can't use words like opaque, and he sure as hell has never heard of Eric Hoffer.

The poor guy is probably curled up in the fetal position sucking his thumb in his Moms' basement unless he's pulled himself together enough to go stand in line for the latest Star Wars movie. I feel a bit sorry for him now. Maybe I should take him off ignore.

I understand smacking a troll around for fun, but Senore2006, you didn't just smack him around. You destroyed him, then left him confused and bewildered. You know deep down that you can't use words like opaque, and he sure as hell has never heard of Eric Hoffer.

The poor guy is probably curled up in the fetal position sucking his thumb in his Moms' basement unless he's pulled himself together enough to go stand in line for the latest Star Wars movie. I feel a bit sorry for him now. Maybe I should take him off ignore.
"I'm sick of being alone and feeling sorry for myself. I can't hang around with people without fear of having them judge the true me." Owensboro 1965

I won't do this again, guys out there, lol. I just felt like it needed saying.
And there you have the irrational rantings and accusations from a liberal Obama Democrat, like Matt Jones is. Have you had lunch with him? Both would be too cheap to pay. And no more chain smoking at the tailgates. Or someone will never have admission to Burning Man. Dude's another Oscar Combs.

So let me get this straight, you guys all said there is no way RP knew about what Andre McGee was allegedly doing behind Pitino's back but then you say Calipari turned and looked the other way in the Camby situation like he definitely had to know what was going on? Okay, got it.

I'm curious about the limited mentality which ascribes judgement about the time a person posts. As far as the Duke prediction is concerned, UK just lasted a bit longer than I thought they would. UCLA proved the win over Duke was really something of a fluke. UCLA bore me out.

Anyway, petty concerns of small minded people are the issue I feel like addressing. It's not a pretty look. As far as when anyone posts, not just the big people these idiots want to challenge, there may be a simple possibility - that someone woke up in the middle of the night because he or she couldn't sleep. Honestly, are we to assume that the Grinreaper - whose posting style shows an intimate relationship of his very own towards me - holds judgements which include when in America people are allowed to type now? Let's visit some other possible reasons for violating Grin's epic take on another grown man................perhaps a medical condition which screwed with their sleep? Maybe the person had no particular wake-up time and can choose his times of day or night to type on a message board. Generally speaking, Occam's Razor says the simplest answer is usually correct. The steaming suspicion of wankers with such mental limits as to judge others with such stupid small-minded abandon is a sad commentary on their lives, not remotely close to shining some magical light of insight into the person being judged.

The real fact is that I write late at night because it's quiet. I also take walks then too, because I am rebuilding my legs, rehabbing from 2 cancer surgeries which were thankfully very successful but about as invasive as surgery gets. Then there is this, of course........I write for a living, actually. I love writing. Visit my blog sometime and see for yourself because I chronicle the last 35 years of a career in landscaping, designing and installing, for which I won state and national awards. I sure as hell won't post its address here, but will gladly give it up to anyone who messages me. Your apology can go that route too.

Have you done that, Grinning Reaper? Write for a living? Raised children, run a business, designed world class homes? If so, let's hoist a beer sometime and talk about it. I'll buy the first round.

One reason I've always cast the Turd as a UK fan is because he thinks like that and that sort of hating thinking is common there. It's a really very short walk to that conclusion. That they don't understand is part of the opaque situation they find about the modern world around them. The next step is pity and no one wants that because it would also mean I spent more than the time it took to post this, addressing people with whom I have so little in common.

Eric Hoffer: "The suspicious mind believes more than it doubts. It believes in a formidable and ineradicable evil lurking in every person. Someone who thinks the world is always cheating him is right. He is missing that wonderful feeling of trust in someone or something."

Well that was a bit much for such a trivial issue. I actually get up at night to pee sometimes but do not really feel a need to explain it beyond taking a pee. I am sorry to hear about your cancer and hope the best for you.

With very little effort you might have guessed the 3:16 AM ribbing was no more than it appears. But sensitivity can be a good thing.

But back to basketball. You wrote "UK just lasted a bit longer than I thought they would. UCLA proved the win over Duke was really something of a fluke. UCLA bore me out." Did you mean you thought UK would tire out? And how did UK's loss to UCLA bear you out about Duke? I think you mean that you thought UK was overrated and losing a game to UCLA MAY indicate you were right. But it might mean UK is young and still learning. If they defeat UL on the 26th you can assert the same claim as before but what if a much more experienced UL loses? What will your position be? Would you care to make your prediction so we know how you see this game, if you would.

I apologize for posting about basketball instead of philosophy assuming that is not offensive.

Cat fans. .. probably their parents fault. ..

Imagine the irony, cheated out of fan hood by lovers of a fan base who loves cheating. ...

Sad. ...oh the shame

Well that was a bit much for such a trivial issue. I actually get up at night to pee sometimes but do not really feel a need to explain it beyond taking a pee. I am sorry to hear about your cancer and hope the best for you.

With very little effort you might have guessed the 3:16 AM ribbing was no more than it appears. But sensitivity can be a good thing.

But back to basketball. You wrote "UK just lasted a bit longer than I thought they would. UCLA proved the win over Duke was really something of a fluke. UCLA bore me out." Did you mean you thought UK would tire out? And how did UK's loss to UCLA bear you out about Duke? I think you mean that you thought UK was overrated and losing a game to UCLA MAY indicate you were right. But it might mean UK is young and still learning. If they defeat UL on the 26th you can assert the same claim as before but what if a much more experienced UL loses? What will your position be? Would you care to make your prediction so we know how you see this game, if you would.

I apologize for posting about basketball instead of philosophy assuming that is not offensive.
When you post on a Louisville board something relevant about Louisville sports you might earn a reply.

Otherwise, you're just another UK troll with no vision outside of your own frigging navel. Lord knows we've seen that movie before. Like a billion times. It smells of that in this here thread, for that matter. Gee, how wonderful to read someone is happy to be a UK fan, lol.

Here's some gas - want a drink?

Reactions: KerryRhodes
I'll supply the tire
When you post on a Louisville board something relevant about Louisville sports you might earn a reply.

Otherwise, you're just another UK troll with no vision outside of your own frigging navel. Lord knows we've seen that movie before. Like a billion times. It smells of that in this here thread, for that matter. Gee, how wonderful to read someone is happy to be a UK fan, lol.

That's what they do at Burning Man. :cool:

I invited your prediction for the UL and UK game. That does involve UL doesn't it?
I remember YOU posting a prediction on the UK v Duke game which had nothing to do with UL did it? What IS your problem?

I invited your prediction for the UL and UK game. That does involve UL doesn't it?
I remember YOU posting a prediction on the UK v Duke game which had nothing to do with UL did it? What IS your problem?
This is a board frequented by urban college graduates. He's not one of them.

It does not mater. What does matter is his low class behavior. I AM a graduate of UL but was raised in Lexington though I spent most of my life in Los Angeles, But i worked for Commonwealth Life ( I think it is called Capital something now) as a Security Analyst. I lived in Louisville for seven years and enjoyed it and pulled for the Cards then except for when they played UK. Senore whoever seems to have confidence issues and he posts a lot of irrelevant babble. I don't think he really likes basketball. Did he ever attend UL, not that he would have had to be be a fan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT