ADVERTISEMENT

U of L and LPT Spring Games...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill, I find it hilarious that you want to bring up spring game scores of top 25 teams. Their second team is much better than your first team. Also regarding Towles and Barker, they are the same QB. Two more KY High School legends that went to UK to kill their careers but get good basketball seats during their stay.

Those are the only teams I looked up, Zipp said most teams ones vs two's don't end up in a close game. Those are the teams that popped in my head, so I quickly found the score.

Rank of team has no bearing on the spring game, as you're playing against yourself.

The score doesn't matter , just watch the attitudes of the team. Do they break the huddle sharply? Do all 11 guys on defense run to the ball? If you have been around football you can tell when a team is well coached. Kentucky ain't one of them. Maybe Stoops didn't go with Barker earlier because he sucks. If Stoops just started him the last two games because that's what the team wanted he's lost all respect because a football team isn't a democracy.

So you watched UK's spring game?

I make the mistake of "debating" college football with uahkay idiots in threads such as this one. I compounded my error by actually discussing this issue with bill. People like him are part and parcel of the problem in lessington. I heard Freddie Maggard on the "underdogs" yesterday and even he is blowing major smoke about how good the cayuts "might be" this upcoming season. I guess we'd have some fools like these guys too if we were suffering the way they are.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: LockdownCard
I make the mistake of "debating" college football with uahkay idiots in threads such as this one. I compounded my error by actually discussing this issue with bill. People like him are part and parcel of the problem in lessington. I heard Freddie Maggard on the "underdogs" yesterday and even he is blowing major smoke about how good the cayuts "might be" this upcoming season. I guess we'd have some fools like these guys too if we were suffering the way they are.

I never said the Cats will be good this year anywhere in this thread. I've simply said that to make any kind of prediction on the season from a spring game is setting yourself up for failure.

Most of the offensive weapons didn't play in the game, Barker has 2 games under his belt, I'm not here to pump sunshine and don't believe I am with what I'm discussing. I'm also not going to run around hollering the sky is falling from a spring game, because it has no bearing on what we're going to see in the fall.

So you watched UK's spring game?
Yes I watched the UK spring game along with a few others. UK's looked like a HS practice to be honest. You would think after 3 years Elam could at least get in a stance. The WR's still drop every other pass and I could see why Barker could never sniff the field. The defense shows no fundamentals. Houck looked like he could be a decent QB if he has any coaching. Stoops reminds me so much of Kragthorpe it gave me flashbacks. All he needs is the Waffle House menu.

Vandy should be a win, but they do play solid defense.

This right here shows how far out of touch Bill is.

The series is tied 42-42.

Vandy has won four of the last five vs UK, however just five of the last ten (yo that is still 50/50).

But more importantly, their defensive mindset showed some pretty good results on that side of the field. Sure Bill, you conceded they play solid D. But you aren't really conceding that if you think this game "should be a win" for UK .

The Vandy D is far ahead of the UK D. They return a lot of that same talent off the D side of the ball that was ranked top 30. They lose a couple key guys like all teams, but the scheme/system is there and they return most the secondary and D line.

The Vandy O is always bland, but they played a true FR the back half of their schedule last year and he played fairly well given the situation. He figures to only get better in his So campaign, he showed progress his true FR year. They do return a few guys with experience on the O Line. They actually return quite a bit on the O side, they had a big play WR miss the entire season, they return their leading WR, and a very good TE that makes plays.

Long story short, game is a toss-up today. It shouldn't "be a win" for either side.

Why should the Vandy game be a win for UK? History says it's a toss-up, and the condition of each program says Vandy is at worst on par with UK. Is it a win because it's at home? Vandy is 2-3 in the last 10 years @ UK.

Can UK win? Of course. But it's a toss-up game. A game UK has lost quite a few times lately.

"Vandy should be a win but they do play solid defense." That's a big edge for Vandy right there Bill. They actually do something solid. UK doesn't.

Last edited:
Those are the only teams I looked up, Zipp said most teams ones vs two's don't end up in a close game. Those are the teams that popped in my head, so I quickly found the score...
And did you research how their scrimmages were conducted? That's a slightly important part of the question...

Bill, I wasted an hour or so watching that dumpster fire of a team. Your second team looked stronger than your perceived starters. Elam is a big fat joke as is the rest of your d-line. And Barker, don't get me started. While Johnson is no Lamar, he gives your team more options to score. So much for all that star powered Ohio talent. If nothing else, this team has regressed without Jokers players. Your stuck with Stoops for the next few years due to Barneys wisdom of an undeserved pay raise and buyout. The only one laughing is Stoops who will bank a huge buyout while serving as some other teams coordinator. Enjoy your time in Commonwealth the next couple of seasons. We'll continue laughing at your team along with the rest of the SEC.

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles

Vandy has won four of the last five vs UK, however just five of the last ten (yo that is still 50/50).

But more importantly, their defensive mindset showed some pretty good results on that side of the field. Sure Bill, you conceded they play solid D. But you aren't really conceding that if you think this game "should be a win" for UK .

The Vandy D is far ahead of the UK D. They return a lot of that same talent off the D side of the ball that was ranked top 30. They lose a couple key guys like all teams, but the scheme/system is there and they return most the secondary and D line.

Long story short, game is a toss-up today. It shouldn't "be a win" for either side.

Why should the Vandy game be a win for UK? History says it's a toss-up, and the condition of each program says Vandy is at worst on par with UK. Is it a win because it's at home? Vandy is 2-3 in the last 10 years @ U
They seem to think UofL should be a sure win too.

And did you research how their scrimmages were conducted? That's a slightly important part of the question...
I'll answer for Bill... Of course he didn't.

LPT Football: Half the story...

The Vandy O is always bland, but they played a true FR the back half of their schedule last year and he played fairly well given the situation. He figures to only get better in his So campaign, he showed progress his true FR year. They do return a few guys with experience on the O Line. They actually return quite a bit on the O side, they had a big play WR miss the entire season, they return their leading WR, and a very good TE that makes plays.

Why should the Vandy game be a win for UK? History says it's a toss-up, and the condition of each program says Vandy is at worst on par with UK. Is it a win because it's at home? Vandy is 2-3 in the last 10 years @ UK.

Can UK win? Of course. But it's a toss-up game. A game UK has lost quite a few times lately.

"Vandy should be a win but they do play solid defense." That's a big edge for Vandy right there Bill. They actually do something solid. UK doesn't.

I call it as a should win exactly for the reasons you posted, both teams are close to each other, with that being said it's a home game. The home team should, and usually is favored in games against similar teams .

Thats not what you stated Zipp, you said ones versus twos usually result in lopsided victories. They don't, some teams don't keep score, some teams run several series starting in the red zone, alot of teams like UK don't even play their impact skill players much if any.

Bill, I wasted an hour or so watching that dumpster fire of a team. Your second team looked stronger than your perceived starters. Elam is a big fat joke as is the rest of your d-line. And Barker, don't get me started. While Johnson is no Lamar, he gives your team more options to score. So much for all that star powered Ohio talent. If nothing else, this team has regressed without Jokers players. Your stuck with Stoops for the next few years due to Barneys wisdom of an undeserved pay raise and buyout. The only one laughing is Stoops who will bank a huge buyout while serving as some other teams coordinator. Enjoy your time in Commonwealth the next couple of seasons. We'll continue laughing at your team along with the rest of the SEC.

The perceived skill starters didn't play, Barker was missing his key players. Having said that he may turn out to be a bust, but HE CANNOT be any worse than Towles, and if he is a bust the sooner he plays the sooner the staff can move on and go a different route.

The perceived skill starters didn't play, Barker was missing his key players. Having said that he may turn out to be a bust, but HE CANNOT be any worse than Towles, and if he is a bust the sooner he plays the sooner the staff can move on and go a different route.
I disagree - it is entirely possible that Barker could be worse than Towles. While I'm no fan of his or Kentucky's - Towles was not as bad as he showed during his time in lexington. He was simply in the wrong offense - he was never going to succeed in the chuck and duck because for whatever reason the only touch he had was on deeper routes.

Barker hasn't shown anything - he looked better getting sucker punched at EKU than he did in the 2nd half against UofL. The offensive line the yuts are going to start are going to have him running for his life...

Barker was a better game show host than a qb, feisty guy though, he whipped the crap out of Happy Gilmore.

Reactions: Cue Card
472d44a88bcb4f5bd334dd9e045b132d5b2d50d16876b2cc2c9a5643a5df93a8.jpg

[
I disagree - it is entirely possible that Barker could be worse than Towles. While I'm no fan of his or Kentucky's - Towles was not as bad as he showed during his time in lexington. He was simply in the wrong offense - he was never going to succeed in the chuck and duck because for whatever reason the only touch he had was on deeper routes.

Barker hasn't shown anything - he looked better getting sucker punched at EKU than he did in the 2nd half against UofL. The offensive line the yuts are going to start are going to have him running for his life...

Barker may end up being a bad QB, IDK yet, but not only was Towles inaccurate he was also scared in the pocket.

A QB thats scared of getting hit is going to fail.

Thats not what you stated Zipp, you said ones versus twos usually result in lopsided victories. They don't, some teams don't keep score, some teams run several series starting in the red zone, alot of teams like UK don't even play their impact skill players much if any.
You don't know if any of those games you quoted involved ones vs. twos. You simply quoted the scores. They're not examples that necessarily support your opposing view UNLESS you know that.

LPT Football: Ignorance is bliss...

[

Barker may end up being a bad QB, IDK yet, but not only was Towles inaccurate he was also scared in the pocket.

Last year this time Cat fans were worried about Towles leaving early for the NFL and Dawson was an offensive genius. Now Towles is the worst QB ever and Dawson can't coach Peewee ball. Love how they rewrite history to fit their beliefs. Over on the blue website someone brought a thread from last July. If you need a good laugh read it.

Simple. It either means Kentucky's starters suck and Louisville's starters are awesome or it means Kentucky's backups are great and Louisville's backups suck. Based on Kentucky's and Louisville's history in football, I'll go with Kentucky's starters suck and Louisville's starters are awesome.

Last edited:
Kentucky has no depth at QB, and almost no experience. How is Barker going to survive the gauntlet in front of him. A tough Southern Miss opener, followed by a trip to the Swamp, then a Muschamp defense, followed by a trip to Alabama. That is just the early part of the season. He's gonna need to be plenty tough to still be standing by the trip to Louisville.

Simple. It either means Kentucky's starters suck and Louisville's starters are awesome or it means Kentucky's backups are great and Louisville's backups suck. Based on Kentucky's and Louisville's history in football, I'll go with Kentucky's starters suck and Louisville's starters are aweomse.
A guy who thinks logically. Please post more often! :D

0OtwsIW.png

LPT Football: Logic won't work...

Reactions: gocds
Last year this time Cat fans were worried about Towles leaving early for the NFL and Dawson was an offensive genius. Now Towles is the worst QB ever and Dawson can't coach Peewee ball. Love how they rewrite history to fit their beliefs. Over on the blue website someone brought a thread from last July. If you need a good laugh read it.

Saw that thread and it is pure awesomeness. Everything you think it's going to be and then some. Hilarious and sad

Kentucky has no depth at QB, and almost no experience. How is Barker going to survive the gauntlet in front of him. A tough Southern Miss opener, followed by a trip to the Swamp, then a Muschamp defense, followed by a trip to Alabama. That is just the early part of the season. He's gonna need to be plenty tough to still be standing by the trip to Louisville.
That is the one area of concern for both teams now that the game is played last. Both teams will have injuries. It's just a part of the game, and it'll just depend on which team can be in better health in game 12. With UofK's depth issues to start the season, it could get real ugly real fast for Stoops tulips...er...troops.

You don't know if any of those games you quoted involved ones vs. twos. You simply quoted the scores. They're not examples that necessarily support your opposing view UNLESS you know that.

LPT Football: Ignorance is bliss...

For crying out loud Zipp, you were wrong, it happens to everyone.

This poster didn't feel that way.

I think you would have to admit that UK fans, as a whole, have loudly expressed great optimism with each new coaching hire, that "he" was the missing ingredient for this UK football team, possessing qualities that the former asst. didn't have (although the former guy was also spoken glowingly of when he was hired as well). Remember the ground breaking S&C program Erik Korem was bringing to the program? And that is normal "fan" behavior, but understand where the "grain of salt" doubt comes from when we hear how much is expected from each new hire.

Reactions: Bill Derington
I call it as a should win exactly for the reasons you posted, both teams are close to each other, with that being said it's a home game. The home team should, and usually is favored in games against similar teams .

Home field means so much in the series the last 10 years. 6 of the games won by the home team.

Vandy is a should win for any good SEC program at home.

UK is not a good SEC program though, making the game up for grabs from the outsider view.

We are playing with semantics a bit here with the term "should" win - I see you are referencing odds and that may be a true point. I see the line being fairly close, making the game a toss-up in the non-gambling who is going to win world.

Let's re-visit Vandy/UK game week. My thoughts on the game are more out of respect for Vandy and what they are doing than throwing stones at UK.

Bill, first, I'm glad you're here. Second, you need to get some lessons in college football reality AND history. uahkay sucks and UofL is the far superior football program. PERIOD.

Spot on.

[

The fact that Towles was scared in that pocket showed that he wasn't an idiot - he was probably sacked 60 times while at kentucky.

I've got news for you Bill, a QB that isn't scared to get hit while standing still is going to fail as well - just in a much more painful way - lol.

Dude, you spent all summer telling us that the gap is closing and how Dawson would have the offense much better.

For the second year in a row, we shot ourselves in the foot and still won. The only gap that is closing is the gap between you guys and Vandy, you might take em this year. o_O

For crying out loud Zipp, you were wrong, it happens to everyone.
For crying out loud, Bill, you conveniently omitted half of the point. In this case, I'll be wrong if you disprove the other half.

LPT Football: Half of the story looks better...

Last edited:
No , you just spent 3 months telling us how UK had closed the gap with UofL

It's like this, I told Zipp and Ipartied last summer that UK would go as far as Towles took them. That he had the tools physically, but I was afraid he didn't have it between the ears, those were my exact words and they played out. He was the same QB last year making the same mistakes as he was the years previously. Stoops failed in not getting Barker in game action soon enough, Petrino would've yanked Towles butt during the Florida game, rightfully so.

A team is only as good as their QB, college especially. Louisville had Jackson, who although he made plenty of mistakes passing, his blinding speed bought him much needed time and yardage, UK lost Boom and Kemp, and with that any semblance of a running game, and Barker wasn't ready for the big stage.

The teams are close, you guys won 7 regular season games last year, UK won 5 thats not as big a gap as you gentlemen would like to believe, and probably not as close as I believe.

For crying out loud, Bill, you conveniently omitted half of the point. In this case, I'll be wrong if you disprove the other half.

LPT Football: Half of the story looks better...

No, you did from the beginning of the thread. You said UofL's starters were 66 points better than their reserves, and UK's were 11 points better.

Checked out some of Bill's old posts before the wheels came off last year. There were some real gems I tell ya. Didn't think we should read too much into the EKU game among many other good ones​

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT