ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Ullis

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTH are you talking about "calling people grade school names", slapd!ck? WTH does that have to do with the topic?

I like to remind whiners in that regard that thin skin has no place on an internet message board. If you're really trying to improve the world, start with the slapd!cks on your own message board before bringing that sad crap over here.

And Ben's coach, Johnny Jones--the worst coach in Div. 1 basketball--says "hello" as well.

"Elite program", my a$$...
Seriously, are you drunk? You continue calling grade school names while denying it. You said great players don't lose to certain teams and i point out the best player and guaranteed #1 draft pick that did just that and you try to spin and deflect and bring up his Coach. You are so eat up with hate that you either don't know what you are saying or you can't remember what you are saying.

I already said a couple times before that post that Ulis had a little better stats than Snider. Of course, LPT fans said I wasn't looking at it properly. So, I looked at the entire team's performance, which shows almost no statistical advantage that can be traced to Ulis. But that's kind of a blunt instrument--why look at the team's numbers when you can look at the player?

Ulis has a little better stats than Snider.

I think I agree with you here zipp but I'm a bit confused. Are you saying the Oompa Loompa is better bc of his indv stats or that the two are even bc of the team stats? I tend to go with the latter. One player is asked to do more and the other is asked to play team ball (Q). I think if roles were reversed we'd see the indv stats even out and I think we'd be worse off with the switch. I've seen a bit of sUcKs this year but not enough to know if they'd be better, neutral, or worse with Q instead of ulis.

I read an article on Ulis about his high school team. One of his teammates and also close friend didn't have a hand.
The author implied that this was one of the reasons Ulis was so good at hitting teammates right on the money.
His friend also got a scholarship to play ball at a small school.

Again, let's see some sort of testament to your excellence at ANY sport or endeavor--it doesn't have to be basketball--so the that rest of us common folk can better understand how you have to EXPERIENCE greatness before you can analyze it.

Any link, even a slappy one, will suffice.

Zip, your deflection mechanism is simultaneously predictable and hilarious. Again though, I must chide you on your reading comprehension - when did I ever refer to my athletic career at all, much less say that I was excellent at a sport or, had experienced greatness? To what other common folk are you referring? I'm pretty sure I was only addressing you - yet you somehow are trying to morph it into something larger.

It's not, it's small; it's you.

My comment was that it seems obvious by your conclusions that you didn't play the game that you now consider yourself to be some sort of expert on. I don't think that it's some sort of radical position to believe that good analysis starts with an in depth understanding of the topic. Many times this understanding is enhanced with "hands on" experience.

Is it required? Of course not, as in the case of Bill James who - though he never played baseball - revolutionized the game with his analysis. The difference is, he is a genius and you're just some smug j*ck*ss with internet access and a whole lot of free time.

You guys started a thread to say you hate an individual college kid. Please, keep educating us on class.

Yeah you rubes would never do that. Again I'd encourage you to read your board. You idiots hate EVERYBODY....sometimes even your own players if they don't perform to your expectation. Also thanks to Zipp's idiocy the original track of this thread was lost. I feel vindicated after indisputable evidence emerged very shortly after I started the thread of Ulis kicking a defenseless player in the head. So I'll ask again: with all the tattoos and his penchant for dirty play, is he indeed a "thug" like you've called soooo many of our guys. Ignore Zipp's stupidity and stay on task and answer the question.

Which UofL player did UK fans call a thug because of tattoos?

C'mon now Bill...the shorter list would be which player with tattoos didn't they call a thug. Or for that matter, which players in general did they not call a thug at one time or another. If he wore his ballcap sideways = thug; if he wore a flat billed ballcap = thug; if he had tattoos = thug; if he wore dreads or cornrows = thug; hell...if he threw up his "L" = gangsign = thug. If he didn't speak proper King's English = thug. Basically anybody who played for that "ghetto" school was called a thug, or a thug by association ("they're all thugs"), at one time or another. You can't verbally pee on a program for years and years, then come over here and make us believe it was rain. That won't fly very well here.

C'mon now Bill...the shorter list would be which player with tattoos didn't they call a thug. Or for that matter, which players in general did they not call a thug at one time or another. If he wore his ballcap sideways = thug; if he wore a flat billed ballcap = thug; if he had tattoos = thug; if he wore dreads or cornrows = thug; hell...if he threw up his "L" = gangsign = thug. If he didn't speak proper King's English = thug. Basically anybody who played for that "ghetto" school was called a thug, or a thug by association ("they're all thugs"), at one time or another. You can't verbally pee on a program for years and years, then come over here and make us believe it was rain. That won't fly very well here.

You left out linebeards and crown royal.
As if no SuCkS players or fans never sported
A linebeard, nor do they drink CR.

Which UofL player did UK fans call a thug because of tattoos?
Head-in-the-Sand.jpg

Which players? The only one I can remember being tatted up was Williams.

The line beards and crown royal is weak, but it's about some of the younger fans.

It's no different than you guys calling UK fans inbred or toothless, it's part of the digging that fan bases do to each other.

You guys called Bledsoe mush mouth for crying out loud.

For the most both teams are full of good kids who sometimes make immature decisions, but most college kids do. Only athletes poor decisions are broadcast to an attentive world.

The line beards and crown royal is weak, but it's about some of the younger fans.

It's no different than you guys calling UK fans inbred or toothless, it's part of the digging that fan bases do to each other.

For the most both teams are full of good kids who sometimes make immature decisions, but most college kids do. Only athletes poor decisions are broadcast to an attentive world.

I agree, it's mostly a message board/rivalry thing. Most wouldn't be so crass as to say those things publicly and certainly not to a player's face...no matter how tough they post on message boards.

Well the difference is that attacking Louisville players with insults like have been mentioned are a staple of the yut fan playbook - that is inherently different that insulting fans - of either side - with clichés.

Seriously, are you drunk? You continue calling grade school names while denying it. You said great players don't lose to certain teams and i point out the best player and guaranteed #1 draft pick that did just that and you try to spin and deflect and bring up his Coach. You are so eat up with hate that you either don't know what you are saying or you can't remember what you are saying.

When backed in a corner he hits us with walls and walls of text and stats that nobody with a life has time to cross examine. I wish I had his free time

hey Zipp, I realize you love pissing off UK fans, and it's more or less an entertaining game to you. I am of the belief that if all of us didn't come over here it would take a lot of the fun out of it for you. That being said I do want to congratulate you on your knowledge of Kentucky basketball. I have been a fan all my life and you have forgotten more than I will ever know. I for some reason doubt that you really hate UK to the point that you portray yourself to. I used to pull hard for UL unless they were playing us, I don't think there is the hatred in far western KY as there is up there.My son is a season ticket holder at UL and my daughter a season ticket holder at UK and we all have a blast. In my opinion the rivals boards cause A lot of bickering back and forth of course you love it. tell me I am wrong. while I am at it Steelers has been fair on here. I do bleed blue for sure.

hey Zipp, I realize you love pissing off UK fans, and it's more or less an entertaining game to you. I am of the belief that if all of us didn't come over here it would take a lot of the fun out of it for you. That being said I do want to congratulate you on your knowledge of Kentucky basketball. I have been a fan all my life and you have forgotten more than I will ever know. I for some reason doubt that you really hate UK to the point that you portray yourself to. I used to pull hard for UL unless they were playing us, I don't think there is the hatred in far western KY as there is up there.My son is a season ticket holder at UL and my daughter a season ticket holder at UK and we all have a blast. In my opinion the rivals boards cause A lot of bickering back and forth of course you love it. tell me I am wrong. while I am at it Steelers has been fair on here. I do bleed blue for sure.

K

I think I agree with you here zipp but I'm a bit confused. Are you saying the Oompa Loompa is better bc of his indv stats or that the two are even bc of the team stats?...
I agree, that argument--the team's performance is a better indicator--can be made. But there are a lotta variables in that equation regardless of the point you wanna make. I simply looked at the team in the event I overlooked something in my analysis of the player. And nothing really shows up.

LPT fans don't like it that none of the stats--team or player--show a huge advantage. What other occasions have we seen them in denial? I'll stand by my conclusion that Ulis is a little better than Snider at this point.

Zip, your deflection mechanism is simultaneously predictable and hilarious. Again though, I must chide you on your reading comprehension - when did I ever refer to my athletic career at all, much less say that I was excellent at a sport or, had experienced greatness?...
In truth, you didn't, and I knew that.

BUT you're trying to undermine my analysis because I haven't "played the game" or some other cliche. So, if that's our standard for being able to analyze, no one analyzes. Let's shut down the message board (which a slappy probably wants).

They don't keep stats for no good reason, which always amuses me when someone argues not to use them. You don't like it that your boy doesn't post huge numbers to support your inflated views of him. I can understand that. But it doesn't change reality.

Ulis is a little better than Snider.

Yeah you rubes would never do that. Again I'd encourage you to read your board. You idiots hate EVERYBODY....sometimes even your own players if they don't perform to your expectation. Also thanks to Zipp's idiocy the original track of this thread was lost. I feel vindicated after indisputable evidence emerged very shortly after I started the thread of Ulis kicking a defenseless player in the head. So I'll ask again: with all the tattoos and his penchant for dirty play, is he indeed a "thug" like you've called soooo many of our guys. Ignore Zipp's stupidity and stay on task and answer the question.
Jay, please post the rules--or your rules--so "idiots" like me don't step on anyone's toes.

I'm very sorry. :rolleyes:

Reactions: OneEarWonder
I don't really hate anyone or anything. I definitely don't dislike the legit representatives of your school, players and coaches, administration, etc. The focus is always on the fans. Your fanbase is unique, maybe even in some positive ways. My enjoyment is keying on the negative, and there are soooooooooo many.

You don't really have to worry about LPT fans not coming here because that's not possible. I'm not debating the hypothetical and what's never gonna happen.

I get along fine with LPT fans in the real world. Maybe not the virtual message board variety we have here, but this is just recreation and means very little. I tell everyone it's just taunting and teasing and meaningless, but for some reason, a guy behind a keyboard is in his own little world. The fact that I marginalize this stuff--including myself--probably makes it even more infuriating for those who take it way too seriously.

Like John, you won't have as much fun with me because you understand me. (Thankfully, there aren't many LPT fans like you.) I guess you'll have to search out another form of recreation. :)

Last edited:
if a player is good enough, he gets the playing time.
Well, there's the stamina factor. I'm not sure Snider is yet in the physical condition Pitino wants him.

But it's also relative. There isn't a good PG option on your team besides Ulis. So he gets pressed for more minutes. Snider's ability wasn't that much higher, if any, than the guys he was sharing minutes with. So his PT wasn't as much.

Well, there's the stamina factor. I'm not sure Snider is yet in the physical condition Pitino wants him.

But it's also relative. There isn't a good PG option on your team besides Ulis. So he gets pressed for more minutes. Snider's ability wasn't that much higher, if any, than the guys he was sharing minutes with. So his PT wasn't as much.

Well since Murray has been a PG before coming to UK then you would be wrong. Oh and Briscoe is still a PG so there's that. I know you want ul players to always be better and try to make the case, but we see every year you guys post A is greater than B as B goes pro and A goes over seas. I'm not sure what to tell you other than take your red tinted glasses off and look at the national, less biased opinions.

Your opportunity to prove me wrong is right there. Show me 2 national outlets who agree with you. You will get your chance next year to see if Snyder is mentioned for AA teams.

Reactions: bloodguard13
Well since Murray has been a PG before coming to UK then you would be wrong. Oh and Briscoe is still a PG so there's that. I know you want ul players to always be better and try to make the case, but we see every year you guys post A is greater than B as B goes pro and A goes over seas. I'm not sure what to tell you other than take your red tinted glasses off and look at the national, less biased opinions.

Your opportunity to prove me wrong is right there. Show me 2 national outlets who agree with you. You will get your chance next year to see if Snyder is mentioned for AA teams.
You can't theoretically play Murray and Briscoe over Ulis because your talent is so thin, they all have to get significant minutes. You can hardly afford to sit either Murray or Ulis down. Briscoe ain't as good as Ulis; hell, I'll keep Snider over Briscoe--at least he can shoot.

What kids do in the pros only registers with slapd!cks. Has no bearing on how good they are now. That Skal kid is a joke, and even he's probably still on draft boards.

"National outlets" are just talking heads. Unless they analyze to support their opinions, they mean nothing. If you wanna cite one in particular, bring along the basis for their conclusion.

Simple. Watch the games. There's your answer
I figured it was something like the eye test. Classic.

Like I said, they don't keep stats for no good reason. And hey, your OP wasn't completely wrong. I conceded that Ulis is a little better.

"Elite program" my a$$...

Prove or make your case otherwise.

Ok Zipp. I know you will discount the SEC player of the Year as well as SEC defensive player of the year but what about Bob Cousy watch list, lute Olsen watch list, Naismith award finalist,first team selection for nBC, sports illustrated,USA today, ESPN, Oscar Robertson watch list. Although hate to say it if Ulis is only a little better, why doesn't Snider show up on the experts lists?

In truth, you didn't, and I knew that.

BUT you're trying to undermine my analysis because I haven't "played the game" or some other cliche. So, if that's our standard for being able to analyze, no one analyzes. Let's shut down the message board (which a slappy probably wants).

They don't keep stats for no good reason, which always amuses me when someone argues not to use them. You don't like it that your boy doesn't post huge numbers to support your inflated views of him. I can understand that. But it doesn't change reality.

Ulis is a little better than Snider.

In truth, I varsity lettered in two sports (baseball & basketball) for four years in HS and ended up playing D1 baseball. Given that there are multitudes of high school & college athletes, I doubt the "excellence" or "greatness" of my experience is most likely not worth debating in this, or any other forum. But though for obvious reasons you would like to make it so, this conversation isn't about me, it's about you zip - and all of the nonsense - under the guise of scientific analysis - that you are constantly churning out.

You have it backwards, it's not me that is trying to undermine your analysis because you didn't play the game - your analysis is flawed because you didn't play and, you don't understand the game - certainly not with the depth that you purport. That leads you to draw incorrect conclusions - though it's probably your pathological need to feel superior that influences it more than anything else.

I'm not advocating abandoning the use of stats; I'm simply saying that real understanding of sports is much deeper than numbers on a page. Stats tell you what happened but, they don't tell you why it happened or what went into making it happen and so, they are limited by the user's understanding of what they mean in totality. Moreover, there's no reason to shut anything down - but how about you approach things with a modicum of humility and, maybe understand that there are lots of people every bit as smart as you and (gasp!) plenty a lot smarter, that simply know more than you do on a given topic.

BTW, as a UofL season ticket holder, Ulis is anything but "(my) boy" so you're way barking up the wrong tree (as usual) with that "analysis". But I think he's a really good college player - one that I hope goes 0-20 tonight from the field with double digit turnovers - and the yuts lose.

Reactions: nccardfan
You start a thread to talk $hit about a college kid, and you're lecturing us on class. You deflect to our actions because you literally can't explain your own. Deflect deflect deflect. Classic Louisville fan.
Hilarious - if anything the deflection makes him closer to the typical yut fan. But more importantly, who asked you anyway?

In truth, I varsity lettered in two sports (baseball & basketball) for four years in HS and ended up playing D1 baseball. Given that there are multitudes of high school & college athletes, I doubt the "excellence" or "greatness" of my experience is most likely not worth debating in this, or any other forum. But though for obvious reasons you would like to make it so, this conversation isn't about me, it's about you zip - and all of the nonsense - under the guise of scientific analysis - that you are constantly churning out.

You have it backwards, it's not me that is trying to undermine your analysis because you didn't play the game - your analysis is flawed because you didn't play and, you don't understand the game - certainly not with the depth that you purport. That leads you to draw incorrect conclusions - though it's probably your pathological need to feel superior that influences it more than anything else.

I'm not advocating abandoning the use of stats; I'm simply saying that real understanding of sports is much deeper than numbers on a page. Stats tell you what happened but, they don't tell you why it happened or what went into making it happen and so, they are limited by the user's understanding of what they mean in totality. Moreover, there's no reason to shut anything down - but how about you approach things with a modicum of humility and, maybe understand that there are lots of people every bit as smart as you and (gasp!) plenty a lot smarter, that simply know more than you do on a given topic...
My takeaway is I'm as comfortable with numbers as you are with a ball in your hand. But it appears your playing days are over.

People who don't respect or dismiss quantitative approaches usually don't understand them. One more time, they don't keep stats for no good reason. All of that other fluff is background noise or simply an effort to blur reality. Not my thing.

But Ulis is a little better than Snider.

Ok Zipp. I know you will discount the SEC player of the Year as well as SEC defensive player of the year but what about Bob Cousy watch list, lute Olsen watch list, Naismith award finalist,first team selection for nBC, sports illustrated,USA today, ESPN, Oscar Robertson watch list. Although hate to say it if Ulis is only a little better, why doesn't Snider show up on the experts lists?
SEC-related awards are easy to explain. It's a $hit basketball conference as Vandy has proven again this year.

And more PT = more exposure = more accolades. That's also easy to explain.

Let me ask you this... Damion Lee made a few "almost" lists nationally. Granted they play a little different position, but is Lee worlds better than Snider? I doubt you'd get Pitino to acknowledge that removing the variables of maturity and experience, neither of which Ulis has in spades over Snider.

Opinion polls mean next-to-nothing. It's about numbers. Too many of you guys are too sensitive to what talking heads have to say.

Well the difference is that attacking Louisville players with insults like have been mentioned are a staple of the yut fan playbook - that is inherently different that insulting fans - of either side - with clichés.

All fans? Most fans? Or just a few on the internet

I agree, that argument--the team's performance is a better indicator--can be made. But there are a lotta variables in that equation regardless of the point you wanna make. I simply looked at the team in the event I overlooked something in my analysis of the player. And nothing really shows up.

LPT fans don't like it that none of the stats--team or player--show a huge advantage. What other occasions have we seen them in denial? I'll stand by my conclusion that Ulis is a little better than Snider at this point.

Zipp, Snider is a fine player, but at this point Ulis is ALOT better than him. You can spin it however you like, but you're alone on this island.

Zipp, Snider is a fine player, but at this point Ulis is ALOT better than him. You can spin it however you like, but you're alone on this island.
Just an opinion that in isolation means almost nothing. And it's a slapd!ck opinion which knocks it down a few more notches--if not, the agreement of a few other posters.

My takeaway is I'm as comfortable with numbers as you are with a ball in your hand. But it appears your playing days are over.

People who don't respect or dismiss quantitative approaches usually don't understand them. One more time, they don't keep stats for no good reason. All of that other fluff is background noise or simply an effort to blur reality. Not my thing.

But Ulis is a little better than Snider.

Dude, you're a pip. It's no wonder why you like Pitino as much as you do - you're both big believers in the power of deflections.

Reactions: nccardfan
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT