ADVERTISEMENT

Twilight Zone finds the Cards

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
Been wondering when there was going to be a game like this. Missing wide open 3's from Lewis and Lee with Lee shooting a air ball? Then all the misses under the basket and the inability to grab the loose ball? The only thing Clemson has done well is play tough man to man defense. They are not a tourney team and this loss hopefully is the Cards only bad one.

We all expected a loss that we didn't expect and maybe more than one, but this 0 for 16 from the 3 with most being wide open is pure twilight zone material.

I expected one was coming but not against Clemson. No one wants to pass, they all want to score. The assists have been getting fewer and fewer. Guys dribbling way too much and over penetration.

Refs won't let Cards steal this game. That foul on Spalding was total BS. I rewound it two times and he didn't do anything. Then the quick on call on Snider when he was running side by side with the Clemson player. Not to mention the 10 violation not called when Clemson called TO. They threw the ball in and only had one second per new rules and the whistle didn't blow. Heard Pitino screaming 10 seconds.

Hope the Cards see this team in the ACC tourney so they can beat them like they should have today. These games are hard to stomach but they happen every season.

I expected one was coming but not against Clemson. No one wants to pass, they all want to score. The assists have been getting fewer and fewer. Guys dribbling way too much and over penetration.
Would have had many more assists if those 3's went in.

This kind of game was eventually going to happen. Can't do much when virtually nothing is going in the hoop.
Well said and Clemson had been playing well lately. This game will serve as an important lesson going forward.

I like the way we fought back late.

Reactions: Deeva
Perfect storm for a Clemson upset. I do give them credit for playing good defense. Nothing going through the hoop and nothing going right for the Cards today. It happens. Learn from it and move on.

I give Clemson credit for playing a good game but we could of helped our cause if we would of had more inside scoring from the inside. It is kind of like football if you can't run the ball the defense can focus on stopping your passing game. If we had more big scoring threats the defense would have to collapse more instead of playing the man to man. Oh well it's early and now is a good time to learn what you need to improve on.

This game is UofL's gift to our conference brothers. Now all your attention can be on Clemson beating Bama and bringing home the NCAA FB championship trophy.

Go Tiger for now!

Go CARDS forever!!

We're 1-1 on the road so far, and that's fine. You split the road games and win your home games, you go 13-5 or 14-4 for the year which is good enough to win the conference. That would leave us with 6-7 losses heading into the postseason and probably a 3-seed or better in the Big Dance.

Not bad for an unranked team coming into the season...

I know nobody likes to bitch about the refs but 44 FT's for Clemson to 16 for the Cards? Now the last couple of minutes the Cards had to foul but they were getting fouls called on them that weren't being called against Clemson, especially in the first half. Cards still lost the game because of horrible shooting but I for one am getting tired of the continued inconsistent officiating in road games. I replayed much of the game and Spalding had three fouls that were total BS and Clemson wasn't called for any similar plays.

The only thing I'm going to say about the game today is this. In this conference, the opponents record does not matter. If it's a road game, more than likely it's going to be a battle. A lot of what happened today was an anomaly. This team has better shooters than what they showed today, but sometimes ish just happens. Seems like every year we have ONE game where things just go south and stay that way. Today was that game.

As we were walking out of the Arena today after the Clemson Game, Three guys all completely decked out in UK gear walked out ahead of us all giddy because we lost. Pathetic.

Go Cards. Go ACC

L1C4

t
As we were walking out of the Arena today after the Clemson Game, Three guys all completely decked out in UK gear walked out ahead of us all giddy because we lost. Pathetic.

Just FYI, if you're into that kind of thing, there IS a Twitter account called @SlapdickReport that is solely dedicated to the strange phenomenon of UK gear wearing fans showing up at UofL sporting events, with accompanying photos.

Last edited:
Reactions: clearthebases

Go Cards. Go ACC

L1C4

A Clemson fan posted elsewhere that he saw at least 20 or more their decked in blue, smdh. And they think we are obsessed with them? I wouldn't go watch them if they played at bellarmine.

A Clemson fan posted elsewhere that he saw at least 20 or more their decked in blue, smdh. And they think we are obsessed with them? I wouldn't go watch them if they played at bellarmine.
Not your point I know, but they'd never play an OOC road game of the quality of Bellarmine.

"Elite program", my a$$...

Go Cards. Go ACC

L1C4
Loser UK fan #1 Billy Joe Slappy, "hey Huck, whutcha up to today? Loser UK fan #2... Well, I wuz gonna watch them there eenufel playoff games but for only a hunert bucks I scort sum teekuts to root aginst Luvul. We can take mamas car and be there in 5 arz and since I ain't changed close since the cayuts big win yisturdy I'm ready now."

BJ Slapdick agrees but only if he and Huck can worship at the shrine of Kash Daniels' house on the way back. Life in Neck land doesn't get any better than this......

Reactions: Cue Card
Kentucky @ Kansas, Jan. 30, 2016
Can't wait for that beatdown lol. You deserve it. You think your LSU beatdown was bad, haha have fun playing on the road against a legit team. If our game was played at Yum this year we would have smoked you by at least 10-15

Last edited by a moderator:
Loser UK fan #1 Billy Joe Slappy, "hey Huck, whutcha up to today? Loser UK fan #2... Well, I wuz gonna watch them there eenufel playoff games but for only a hunert bucks I scort sum teekuts to root aginst Luvul. We can take mamas car and be there in 5 arz and since I ain't changed close since the cayuts big win yisturdy I'm ready now."

BJ Slapdick agrees but only if he and Huck can worship at the shrine of Kash Daniels' house on the way back. Life in Neck land doesn't get any better than this......

One time there was a SuCkS fan at the KFC Center, dressed in blew-AT THE SAME TIME
uofk was playing !!!!! What a royal idiot !!!!!

anthony davis was bought by uofk for 200k.

Can't wait for that beatdown lol. You deserve it...
Don't count your chickens yet... I'm no LPT fan, but don't discount how much of a Super Bowl teams like Kansas and U of L are on the slapd!ck schedule. They have no one in their football conference to look forward to playing. They can easily point to 3-4 games a year to circle on their calendar and give maximum effort.

It's how they get players like Hawkins and Harrellson and Harrow to play miles above where they normally play. If you're any good and you keep them on your schedule, you have to count on that. The rest of us don't have that luxury.

I wouldn't watch them if they were playing in my backyard.

Not your point I know, but they'd never play an OOC road game of the quality of Bellarmine.

LOL... I know you're fishing for a reply, so I'll bite. Have you looked at the UK OOC vs UofL's? They played MSU and UK, and that's it. UK played/plays - Duke, UCLA, Kansas, and UofL. Now, do you want to edit your response?

I love it when his own logic is used against him. I am anxiously awaiting his clever response...

Nah, I think he's luring them in. Getting ready to do one of his signature triple flip message board smackdowns. Send those cats fans back to their own board with that tail between those legs.

Or he could be wrong and who really cares because it's a sport board.

Last edited:
Reactions: nccardfan
Hilarious how fans of an elite basketball program feel pressured to argue against Bellarmine.

May I suggest a blimp or a banner behind an airplane?

You had those fellas scampering to research scheduling and RPIs...that's good enough for me. ;) Bet it took them all day to get the information. -- "Hey honey, how do you spell RPI? I know this dang zipper fella is wrong."

Go Bellarmine

Back on topic, I think CRP found the downside or negative side of 5th year seniors... "They are learning how to play defense (Rick's defense) just like the freshmen."

Omega - did you read CRP's post game comments? I'm sorry I didn't quote him word for word but that is essentially what he said. Notice I didn't say Lee and Lewis, specifically because Pitino was talking in general.

Heard Rick tonite talking about L&L and the Clemson game... His remark was that they're not trusting their teammates. Meaning, that they're shot hunting and not trying to find the open guy to shoot.

He did say that they team is trying to win games with its offense, obviously a slap at everyone's defense. He also talked about their (lack of) deflections. Only averaging a little more than 20 per game when the mid-30s is the goal. Another general swipe at the defense...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT