ADVERTISEMENT

Defense

UofLouisville

Two-Star Poster
Feb 18, 2023
Anyone notice kp will never call a timeout to set a defense to get a stop? This is not pro basketball. Your allowed to play zone, 2-3, a box and 1. Change things up to throw the oppositions offense off kilter for a few possessions. He plays the same crap calamari does and hopes to outscore the opponent. Only problem is, he has already said he won't be able to get the same talent. Syracuse shot 60 and 45 from the field and 3. When white hit the 3 our guys were cheering with their thumbs up their ass. Only problem was plenty of time on the clock. We killed Syracuse on the board. If you only play 1 defense and you suck at it, your only hope is for the other team to shoot poorly while wide open. BTW, zan is shooting 33% from the free throw line. Glad Kenny is putting him in for his defense.

Yeah, I’d like to see a little defense to talk about.

This is the downside to watching basketball that’s pleasing to the eye. Enjoyable but not winning any championships…

Louisville's rank in on-court defensive efficiency by year (KenPom):

2011 - 3 (Pitino)
2012 - 1
2013 - 1
2014 - 5
2015 - 4
2016 - 2
2017 - 8
2018 - 39 (Padgett)
2019 - 24 (Mack)
2020 - 30
2021 - 44
2022 - 114 (Mack, Pegues)
2023 - 312 (Payne)
2024 - 231

• Angry
Reactions: TPACardsFan
Bring Kenny back! Just one more year please. We are so close to falling from hell into the abyss that I know we can make it if he gets one more chance.

This group can’t defend that is clear. It is also clear KP and staff don’t value defense. There is no set defensive rules on this team. It really looks like 5 guys in a pickup game.

I think the players are being brought up in an era of offense. NBA is starting to trickle down into the college game. I would guess scoring overall is up in college basketball. From rule changes to overall individual skill. They are all being trained individually. They spend 10x more time on themselves than in a team training.

Reactions: BPGhost
KP is not qualified to coach college basketball, as he is totally clueless about the significance of teaching half court man-to-man defense, or eliminating unforced TOs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT