ADVERTISEMENT

This weekend so far....

tluck28

300+
Oct 7, 2016
Makes me think that louisville could have at least 4 more losses if they don't get it together. NC State is looking good just beat FSU away, Virginia beat the breaks off of Boise, FSU...well cause it's FSU and they are probably pissed from last year and it's at their place, and last but not least UK. I think UK is a toss up...but if UK beats a very depleted Florida team today and then plays the rest of the very weak east and UofL loses the other games mentioned, then they could be very confident and our guys not so confident at that point.

Could be disastrous. Our schedule is not looking as easy as we all thought it was in June.

I'll be distraught if we lose to NC State on the road. They will also be pissed at us because of how bad we beat them last year. Until then, there is still a chance to go 11-1. We are as good or better than the rest of the teams on our schedule. From there its all about execution, which is not our strong suit. Happy to see the defense play with aggression today.

Makes me think that louisville could have at least 4 more losses if they don't get it together. NC State is looking good just beat FSU away, Virginia beat the breaks off of Boise, FSU...well cause it's FSU and they are probably pissed from last year and it's at their place, and last but not least UK. I think UK is a toss up...but if UK beats a very depleted Florida team today and then plays the rest of the very weak east and UofL loses the other games mentioned, then they could be very confident and our guys not so confident at that point.

Could be disastrous. Our schedule is not looking as easy as we all thought it was in June.
According to ESPN, you're predicted to go 9-3 with remaining losses to FSU (20.3% win probability) and NC State (46.4%).

You're predicted by ESPN to beat Murray State (99.3%), Boston College (93.3%), UVA (88.3%), Cuse (85.3%), LPT (60.2%), and Wake (54.9%).

To me, the FSU probability looks low, and the UVA probability looks high. Otherwise, I agree that there are lose-able games on that schedule besides FSU. At this point, 11-1 looks like a pipe dream to me...

Reactions: gocds
This is not Alabama or tOSU.

Kragthorpe and Ron Cooper were disasters.

Team has won 9, 9, and 8 games first 3 seasons under BP 2.0. If this team loses a game or two more this year it's not a disaster, it's just a disappointment.

Clarification: If the team ends up winning 7 or 8 games this year - it's not a disaster.

A losing season? That might reach the disaster zone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vestavia57
This is not Alabama or tOSU.

Kragthorpe and Ron Cooper were disasters.

Team has won 9, 9, and 8 games first 3 seasons under BP 2.0. If this team loses a game or two more this year it's not a disaster, it's just a disappointment.

A losing season? That might reach the disaster zone.
What would you classify another loss to UK?

A loss to LPT is one loss and counts that much. If it means more to a fan, that's on him (or her.)

Can't handle that, don't play the game. Asymmetric outcomes never work for you...

So tell me truly the loss last year to UK was the same as losing to Houston in terms of importance to you as a U of L fan? Be honest, please.
It was worse but not because I have to beat slapd!cks. It was worse because they're a godawful football program. Unlike some of you guys, I look for national reference points, not local.

It's embarrassing losing to LPT. It's embarrassing playing LPT. It's embarrassing calling them your "rival". They're worthy of being called a "basketball rival". But not football; really not any other sport...because no one respects them in any other sport. If any U of L fans do, you're in the minority and thinking small.

Sorry, that's just our reality. We have to share a State with them, but nothing else...

This weekend was another reminder that there is still a lot to play for. The margin for error is small for a lot of teams.

Just keep working on getting better and take it one game at a time. This thing is a marathon.

The message this weekend like every weekend is, outside if Alabama and Clemson, if you don't play well, and execute you may lose. I think the offense is going to put up points. The key to Louisville this year is their defense, can it get better and better each week? I have my doubts.

Winning 9 games in today's environment is really good.

So tell me truly the loss last year to UK was the same as losing to Houston in terms of importance to you as a U of L fan? Be honest, please.

I got no idea why you are putting me on your make believe witness stand dude. Maybe you saw A Few Good Men last night and are in an interrogation type of mood?

That said, the loss to UK meant far less to me, because the loss to Houston officially eliminated UofL from the playoff. The UK game meant little to nothing to me at that point, and apparently the players felt the same way.

Brutal honesty that you requested. I apologize to the audience for not really giving a crap about the UK game last year. I just didn't.

I got no idea why you are putting me on your make believe witness stand dude. Maybe you saw A Few Good Men last night and are in an interrogation type of mood?

That said, the loss to UK meant far less to me, because the loss to Houston officially eliminated UofL from the playoff. The UK game meant little to nothing to me at that point, and apparently the players felt the same way.

Brutal honesty that you requested. I apologize to the audience for not really giving a crap about the UK game last year. I just didn't.
Fine, but I think the question was what if there was a repeat...

It was worse but not because I have to beat slapd!cks. It was worse because they're a godawful football program. Unlike some of you guys, I look for national reference points, not local.

It's embarrassing losing to LPT. It's embarrassing playing LPT. It's embarrassing calling them your "rival". They're worthy of being called a "basketball rival". But not football; really not any other sport...because no one respects them in any other sport. If any U of L fans do, you're in the minority and thinking small.

Sorry, that's just our reality. We have to share a State with them, but nothing else...
Then why are 90% of your posts obsessed with them and trying to make everyone believe that you're never concerned about them or even worth mentioning but your posts say otherwise?

I already addressed this at 10:19 PM yesterday in this thread...

"Depends on what kind of team both teams have when the game kicks."
That's cool and like you said make belief interrogation, I'm so sorry to make you sweat. You put a post out there you should expect to get some feedback instead of accepting it as gospel. Peace.

That's cool and like you said make belief interrogation, I'm so sorry to make you sweat. You put a post out there you should expect to get some feedback instead of accepting it as gospel. Peace.

I didn't sweat your line of questioning it was just bizarre. Telling me to
"Tell you Truly" and to "Be honest" is unnecessary, and kind of a weird approach.

You also asked the same question that I answered directly already, a second time.

Maybe you just enjoy repeating yourself.

Then why are 90% of your posts obsessed with them and trying to make everyone believe that you're never concerned about them or even worth mentioning but your posts say otherwise?
I love disrespecting their fans, I admit it. It's recreational. Has nothing to do with their TEAMS which I seldom talk about or follow. Not worth my time--they're freaking embarrassing.

And if you needed further evidence this weekend, 28-27 AND 30-whatever years in a row. That's YOUR rival...

I love disrespecting their fans, I admit it. It's recreational. Has nothing to do with their TEAMS which I seldom talk about or follow. Not worth my time--they're freaking embarrassing.

And if you needed further evidence this weekend, 28-27 AND 30-whatever years in a row. That's YOUR rival...
Until "we" as in U of L beat the kitties 30 times in a row I will continue to consider them a rival and not take credit for what another school does to them. Right now I would settle for 10 times in a row but even then I would still want to play them just to beat them and give them another loss. Beating them never gets old...

Until "we" as in U of L beat the kitties 30 times in a row I will continue to consider them a rival and not take credit for what another school does to them. Right now I would settle for 10 times in a row but even then I would still want to play them just to beat them and give them another loss. Beating them never gets old...
Flawed analysis. I'm not "taking credit" for anyone or anything beating slappies. And beating them 5 outta 6 is plenty enough to demonstrate the relative program statures.

LPT is embarrassing to anyone associated with them. SEC talking heads were hammering them last nite, and rightfully so. The SEC has to live with them--they're not kicking LPT out. Every conference needs its whipping dogs.

Slapd!cks rank football five rungs below basketball and always will. And you wanna play that team as your football rival. Little brother mindset.

Embarrassing...

Last edited:
Flawed analysis. I'm not "taking credit" for anyone or anything beating slappies. And beating them 5 outta 6 is plenty enough to demonstrate the relative program statures.

LPT is embarrassing to anyone associated with them. SEC talking heads were hammering them last nite, and rightfully so. The SEC has to live them--they're not kicking them out. Every conference needs its whipping dogs.

Slapd!cks rank football five rungs below basketball and always will. And you wanna play that team as your football rival. Little brother mindset.

Embarrassing...
Except that we lost to them.. or is that your "super bowl" theory that you use for basketball? I'm glad they suck, what's your point? Again it's only embarrassing if you can't beat them, not because they're on the schedule.

Except that we lost to them.. or is that your "super bowl" theory that you use for basketball? I'm glad they suck, what's your point? Again it's only embarrassing if you can't beat them, not because they're on the schedule.
It's embarrassing when you lose to them for sure. It's also embarrassing beating them and acting like it's an accomplishment. Everyone else sees that as small time thinking by U of L fans who have no perspective. No one respects LPT except U of L fans who wanna beat them, which is more respect than their own fans give them.

IOW it's a lose-lose scenario for you...

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
BTW, Florida beat LPT and dropped one spot in the AP poll. More evidence of respect for your rival...

Louisville really gains nothing by beating UK unless they start being a top 25 program. It doesn't help or hurt recruiting. It mattered in the early years because it helped build our program. The program's overall success is what really matters. Louisville has accomplished much more over those years and is more respected nationally. With the game being at the end of the year it does have bowl implications, but so does every game they play. In most years the pressure is squarely on Louisville.

The basketball rivalry is legit but the game means nothing during the regular season. It only matters what happens in March. Both teams know they beat a good team if they are fortunate enough to win. It is always considered a good win. You can't make that argument in football most years.

Louisville really gains nothing by beating UK unless they start being a top 25 program. It doesn't help or hurt recruiting. It mattered in the early years because it helped build our program. The program's overall success is what really matters. Louisville has accomplished much more over those years and is more respected nationally. With the game being at the end of the year it does have bowl implications, but so does every game they play. In most years the pressure is squarely on Louisville.

The basketball rivalry is legit but the game means nothing during the regular season. It only matters what happens in March. Both teams know they beat a good team if they are fortunate enough to win. It is always considered a good win. You can't make that argument in football most years.
What's the saying? A win is a win? If they're on the schedule that's a needed win. Say if we have already lost to ACC opponents like Clemson and FSU or anybody else then we need that win if we want to go to a significant bowl game. Plus I also like to be spoilers if it boils down to keeping them from a bowl game. Are they less an opponent than Murray state and Kent state? I know, fill up your schedule with Penn State, Oklahoma, TCU and what do you end up with? A 5-7 team. Get outside the bubble, we were on the stage last year with LJ. We're not even talked about right now and no it's not a conspiracy, it's reality. We're not there yet but I'm hoping we will be soon. It took Clemson over 25 years to get where they are. I hope it doesn't take nearly as long.
It's embarrassing when you lose to them for sure. It's also embarrassing beating them and acting like it's an accomplishment. Everyone else sees that as small time thinking by U of L fans who have no perspective. No one respects LPT except U of L fans who wanna beat them, which is more respect than their own fans give them.

IOW it's a lose-lose scenario for you...
who is everyone else and why do we care about them?

What's the saying? A win is a win? If they're on the schedule that's a needed win. Say if we have already lost to ACC opponents like Clemson and FSU or anybody else then we need that win if we want to go to a significant bowl game. Plus I also like to be spoilers if it boils down to keeping them from a bowl game. Are they less an opponent than Murray state and Kent state? I know, fill up your schedule with Penn State, Oklahoma, TCU and what do you end up with? A 5-7 team. Get outside the bubble, we were on the stage last year with LJ. We're not even talked about right now and no it's not a conspiracy, it's reality. We're not there yet but I'm hoping we will be soon. It took Clemson over 25 years to get where they are. I hope it doesn't take nearly as long...
If you like the game for personal reasons, that's fine. Let LPT come to Louisville and play here every year, two-for-one, one here and one in Cincy, whatever. We don't normally schedule other local, inferior teams home-and-home, and this series shouldn't be scheduled that way anymore.

And I'm not being in any way inconsistent with other teams we schedule... You'll hear me saying the same thing about IU if and when they show up on the schedule. We shouldn't give a damn about programs that don't give a damn about football...

Cost us a Orange Bowl Bid

Reactions: nccardfan
I know this deviates from the OP but I think we should play either UC or WVU every year as our other classic rivalry game.

You're a national program, and you need to start acting like it. Or you risk becoming a local/regional program again...
National? There are 129 Division teams. They are all national.. most of them all play dogs at some point. I bet at some point, Gamecocks didn't want to play Clemson (now) and vice versa (Spurrier) days but you can't deny your true rival and us fans don't get to pick and choose. Didn't Jurich just sign an extension to this rivalry? Is that his own whim or is it what the fans want? Before you respond, I know you have Bobby's ear and he doesn't want to play them because it makes him look bad.

National? There are 129 Division teams. They are all national.. most of them all play dogs at some point. I bet at some point, Gamecocks didn't want to play Clemson (now) and vice versa (Spurrier) days but you can't deny your true rival and us fans don't get to pick and choose. Didn't Jurich just sign an extension to this rivalry? Is that his own whim or is it what the fans want? Before you respond, I know you have Bobby's ear and he doesn't want to play them because it makes him look bad.
Most coaches see the LPT game as a distraction. They all coach to keep each game on par with the rest in terms of preparation. The LPT game runs counter to that.

Petrino is one coach who talks about the importance of the game, but he's appealing to the little brothers in our fanbase. No question he recognizes that he can do little but lose that game. Everyone knows that.

A coach of a nonrevenue sport like McDonnell talks it up because of the attraction of the game to fans and his ability to sell tix for it. Which is no longer a distinction.

The little brothers we have remaining have a hard time seeing a schedule without the slapd!cks on it. It's OK if that's you...

I know this deviates from the OP but I think we should play either UC or WVU every year as our other classic rivalry game.
WVU has the standing of a rival. Cincy not so much except heritage--which LPT has as well--and that doesn't matter...

I'm fully expecting the NCST game to be a loss. Their DL is going to eat our OL alive. Thursday night game, they're having a red out or something like that, they'll be jacked up... the recipe for not a fun night is there. Looking at the remaining schedule, including NCST, there are 4-5 loseable games.

Most coaches see the LPT game as a distraction. They all coach to keep each game on par with the rest in terms of preparation. The LPT game runs counter to that.

Petrino is one coach who talks about the importance of the game, but he's appealing to the little brothers in our fanbase. No question he recognizes that he can do little but lose that game. Everyone knows that.

A coach of a nonrevenue sport like McDonnell talks it up because of the attraction of the game to fans and his ability to sell tix for it. Which is no longer a distinction.

The little brothers we have remaining have a hard time seeing a schedule without the slapd!cks on it. It's OK if that's you...
If it makes a coach uncomfortable then I'm all for it. They make enough money. Just win games is all we ask.. whoever is on the schedule. Can baseball still be considered non revenue now that they are charging for season tickets and seats. Baseball is a different scenario. UK does produce MLB talent and So does the state of Kentucky. It's important to beat them as we do recruit from Lessington and they recruit from Louisville.

I'm fully expecting the NCST game to be a loss. Their DL is going to eat our OL alive. Thursday night game, they're having a red out or something like that, they'll be jacked up... the recipe for not a fun night is there. Looking at the remaining schedule, including NCST, there are 4-5 loseable games.

Yeah, it has the same strange and eerie feeling of the Houston game from last year. The NC State game was always a big game on the schedule but even more so now.

NC State will be jacked up for sure. I'm just hoping the Cards come into that one ready to play.

If not, and the Cards lose the game in an unimpressive blowout sorta fashion, we may see this team completely unravel at the seams like a pair of cheap dress slacks. The same could also be said for this board.

If they win, it could be a positive springboard into the rest of the season. An intriguing game no doubt.

Reactions: Cue Card
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT