ADVERTISEMENT

Two things that we know so far...

maybe...maybe not. throw 6 or 8 more wins plus a run in the acc tourney and he's staying. in most cases human beings don't want to be proven wrong and you've got to figure heird doesn't want to be looked at as having made a bad decision. if the team gets to a dozen or more wins gotta figure he gets a 3rd year. either way though, nothing going to happen until the season is over.
3 weeks later, same story. Dude isn't getting year three, but if he does, Heird needs to be shown the door when he KPB leaves.

We could start by replacing the $15 million sucked out of the men's basketball budget the last half dozen years. But you're one of those money-doesn't-matter posters I'll wager.

And the problems didn't start in 2022 with Payne's arrival. This program was spiraling down well before then. Whose fault was that?...
And no coach lasted more than two years.

The players have played hard, but not with effectiveness. They like Kenny Payne. I like Kenny Payne. Everyone likes him. He does not show that he can run a major program effectively.

The players have played hard, but not with effectiveness. They like Kenny Payne. I like Kenny Payne. Everyone likes him. He does not show that he can run a major program effectively.
I don’t like him.

I only know what he shows in front of the camera and so, I am unable to separate him from what he’s doing to UofL’s basketball program. Is he a good guy? Who really knows? 99% of people tend to try to project likeability when in the public eye or, even just in front of others.

For all I know, he could kick puppies behind closed doors.

Reactions: mbcard
Yep, mostly the players do play hard. They “Fight!”, (KP’s favorite verb). But they don’t know what they are doing. It’s like hiking vigorously but having no map. You’re working hard, you just don’t know where you’re going.
Playing hard - while important - is not nearly as important as playing smart. People who are actually head coaches, and not someone who simply plays one on TV, know this.

You ever watch a fly trapped in your car? Flying around, slamming into windows. That fly is working hard but, he ain’t going anywhere…

Playing hard is the minimum standard. Playing hard doesn’t mean you are competing. Competing is playing hard while doing all the little things to win the game. That is what is missing. The staff isn’t holding players accountable for the mistakes. Instead they are praising them for doing the minimum.

The message wasn’t stop doing stupid shit to get down 22. It was proud of you for not quitting.

He really needs to stop talking. He doesn’t have the clout Cal does to constantly make stupid comments. His press conference exposes him.

Reactions: rh62531
You like him? Why? You don't know the guy and you're only saying that because he happened to play for UofL decades ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT