ADVERTISEMENT

This weekend so far....

Yeah, it has the same strange and eerie feeling of the Houston game from last year. The NC State game was always a big game on the schedule but even more so now.

NC State will be jacked up for sure. I'm just hoping the Cards come into that one ready to play.

If not, and the Cards lose the game in an unimpressive blowout sorta fashion, we may see this team completely unravel at the seams like a pair of cheap dress slacks. The same could also be said for this board.

If they win, it could be a positive springboard into the rest of the season. An intriguing game no doubt.
It'll be a big game, and if there is one truth to feel good about, it's the fact Lamar has played his best football away from PJCS. He seems to be more focused on the road and the NC State game will be a true road game.

Go CARDS!!!

Reactions: nccardfan
National? There are 129 Division teams. They are all national.

Not in the context of the point he's making to you. What can the average fan tell us about Oregon St, Minnesota, Syracuse, and Rutgers?

UofL is plenty relevant and the UK game does nothing for the program anymore. It's a lose/lose. UK hasn't had a T25 team in over 30 years. Maybe a 9 win UK team will be waiting for the Cards one year. Let's not hold our breath.

I believe deep down some of you guys are so emotionally vested in sports that the rivalry takes a huge emotional toll on you, especially if we lose. I also believe these are the same guys calling for the series to end and using UK's irrelevance as an excuse. This goes for the UK basketball guys as well...I see and hear this all the time because that game literally stresses them out physically.

I as a sports fan love this game and rivalry and won't pretend I don't. I get thoroughly pissed off when we lose as well, especially in football. Im.not a huge basketball fan but it does help time pass in the winter months.

I hope we beat the pussy cats down and don't let off of the gas, even in their very down years in the future. I also live in the present and some of you calling them irrelevant are calling that same team irrelevant that beat us at our place less than a year ago.

I hope we play them every year from here on out and smash their( tooth )in and ruin any morale their sorry fan base has in their sorry ass football program.

Not in the context of the point he's making to you. What can the average fan tell us about Oregon St, Minnesota, Syracuse, and Rutgers?

UofL is plenty relevant and the UK game does nothing for the program anymore. It's a lose/lose. UK hasn't had a T25 team in over 30 years. Maybe a 9 win UK team will be waiting for the Cards one year. Let's not hold our breath.
Looking at the schedules it is entirely possible that we go into that game at 9-2 and they could possibly be 7-4. I don't want to come out of that game 9-3 or even 10-2.

It didn't cost us a playoff berth but it did likely cost us a New Years Day Six Bowl berth FWIW.

Yeah, like I said kind of a legit point, but I was asked which loss meant more to me.

The team viewed it as a consolation prize, I did too. Bowl destination no longer really mattered to me. It's not like we were getting MTSU or Rice - we got LSU.

Looking at the schedules it is entirely possible that we go into that game at 9-2 and they could possibly be 7-4. I don't want to come out of that game 9-3 or even 10-2.

Well, I don't think I ever said I want to lose the game.

I believe your question was, how would I describe it if we lost to them - and at least now you're giving me a scenario of records entering the game.

Under the circumstances you've provided, I'd be disappointed in a loss if the Cards were 9-2 going in. But it wouldn't reach some disaster level - 9-3 would be a good season, and the loss would be to an 8 win bowl UK team, under the scenario you're laying out.

For whatever reason, the game vs UK just doesn't move the needle for me. They just haven't lived up to their end of the bargain the last 3 decades as a program man. When we first started playing them, I was into it. But I was much younger, much drunker, and the Cards were building a program.

But UofL just left them behind, regardless of the H2H that can be thrown back at me.

It's just how I see it. I don't think any less of any Card fan that gets amped for the game. Get amped.

Reactions: nccardfan
Well, I don't think I ever said I want to lose the game.

I believe your question was, how would I describe it if we lost to them - and at least now you're giving me a scenario of records entering the game.

Under the circumstances you've provided, I'd be disappointed in a loss if the Cards were 9-2 going in. But it wouldn't reach some disaster level - 9-3 would be a good season, and the loss would be to an 8 win bowl UK team, under the scenario you're laying out.

For whatever reason, the game vs UK just doesn't move the needle for me. They just haven't lived up to their end of the bargain the last 3 decades as a program man. When we first started playing them, I was into it. But I was much younger, much drunker, and the Cards were building a program.

But UofL just left them behind, regardless of the H2H that can be thrown back at me.

It's just how I see it. I don't think any less of any Card fan that gets amped for the game. Get amped.
Fair enough! The reality though and I know people will disagree is that Louisville football in terms of a program is a lot closer to UK than we are to FSU and Clemson right now. Hopefully that changes and then we can talk about bigger fish on the schedule.

Fair enough! The reality though and I know people will disagree is that Louisville football in terms of a program is a lot closer to UK than we are to FSU and Clemson right now. Hopefully that changes and then we can talk about bigger fish on the schedule.

Well clearly this year UofL is not close to Clemson. You aren't paying attention to FSU, or are giving them some different set of rules for evaluation though if you don't think UofL is close to them. They are a mediocre team right now, as is UofL, as is UK.

You want to take a snapshot picture in time when UofL is at a bit of a low these days, that's a weird form of overall program evaluation.

If you stand by the "What have you done for me lately" critique, then yeah you may be on to something. And if you're going to just look the other way at all the UofL accomplishments over the years and ignore the fact that UK has done virtually nothing over the same time period, then that's your choice to ignore reality.

That's not how typical fans evaluate their programs though, on a week to week basis. They review recent history, and even go a little further back in time...a lot goes into program evaluation.

Cards have finished a season ranked 8 times since 2000, under 4 different coaching regimes. UK hasn't finished a season ranked since 1984, under countless failing coaching regimes.

It's a real insult to the UofL program for you to say what you're saying, it's like you're over compensating to put some value on the UK game that isn't really there.

They have a long history of sucking, UofL does not. UofL has danced with top shelf programs at times, UK fan starts thinking basketball this time of year every year.

That's it.

Well clearly this year UofL is not close to Clemson. You aren't paying attention to FSU, or are giving them some different set of rules for evaluation though if you don't think UofL is close to them. They are a mediocre team right now, as is UofL, as is UK.

You want to take a snapshot picture in time when UofL is at a bit of a low these days, that's a weird form of overall program evaluation.

If you stand by the "What have you done for me lately" critique, then yeah you may be on to something. And if you're going to just look the other way at all the UofL accomplishments over the years and ignore the fact that UK has done virtually nothing over the same time period, then that's your choice to ignore reality.

That's not how typical fans evaluate their programs though, on a week to week basis. They review recent history, and even go a little further back in time...a lot goes into program evaluation.

Cards have finished a season ranked 8 times since 2000, under 4 different coaching regimes. UK hasn't finished a season ranked since 1984, under countless failing coaching regimes.

It's a real insult to the UofL program for you to say what you're saying, it's like you're over compensating to put some value on the UK game that isn't really there.

They have a long history of sucking, UofL does not. UofL has danced with top shelf programs at times, UK fan starts thinking basketball this time of year every year.

That's it.
Well first of all we are talking about becoming a program not have a few good years. FSU may be down but it doesn't usually last long. I know the SEC East is also down and has been the last couple but to discount the SEC since 2000 is not realistic. Yes the difference between our programs is that we have won conference titles in the likes of Conference USA, Big East and AAC. UK has been at the brink of finishing 3rd in the SEC East and since we have been in the ACC well we have been 3rd as well. Things can change and will change but one season or even two does not make a program.

Here's the hypocrisy. I don't want UK to be the measuring stick but when I hear so often about how bad their football program is, we shouldn't expect to lose to them should we? Sort of like Florida's dominance over them right? Especially since SEC is so horrible and we did beat Florida like a drum in 2012? I suspect that our despise for them prevents us from recognizing that they are trying to accomplish the same things we are in football, contrary to what some U of L fans think.

Well first of all we are talking about becoming a program not have a few good years.

Uh, do you know how to use a calendar?

Finishing a season ranked 8 out of the last 17 years is being a good program literally EVERY OTHER YEAR. That's sustaining a good product.

Finishing a season ranked 0 out of the last 34 years is being a dumpster fire program. That's sustaining a garbage product.

Here's the hypocrisy. I don't want UK to be the measuring stick.

Yes you do. That is literally all you have talked about, is UK.

That's your measuring stick. That's fine, just own it, don't be in denial. Your self awareness is hitting a 0 on a scale of 1-10.

Your first question to me is "how you going to define another potential loss to UK this year" - go back and read your posts dude.

My direct post to the silly OP is if the Cards win 7 or 8 games after winning 9, 9, and 8 the prior three years doesn't equate to a disaster situation. UofL knows disaster, the employment of Ron Cooper and Krag are recent enough examples of what a disaster looks and feels like in football.

Uh, do you know how to use a calendar?

Finishing a season ranked 8 out of the last 17 years is being a good program literally EVERY OTHER YEAR. That's sustaining a good product.

Finishing a season ranked 0 out of the last 34 years is being a dumpster fire program. That's sustaining a garbage product.
Err before you spit out false statements maybe you should learn to read. 4 times ranked (preseason) 8 times Final, 78 weeks total. 2 Confernece championships, 16 bowls (8-8) overall.

Yes you do. That is literally all you have talked about, is UK.

That's your measuring stick. That's fine, just own it, don't be in denial. Your self awareness is hitting a 0 on a scale of 1-10.

Your first question to me is "how you going to define another potential loss to UK this year" - go back and read your posts dude.

My direct post to the silly OP is if the Cards win 7 or 8 games after winning 9, 9, and 8 the prior three years doesn't equate to a disaster situation. UofL knows disaster, the employment of Ron Cooper and Krag are recent enough examples of what a disaster looks and feels like in football.
Quite frankly I don't bring up UK not like zipp and others but I guess you're calling me a liar. Whether you can comprehend it or not but if you played Alabama, Georgia, LSU, auburn, UT Florida, etc consistently as oppose to UC, Memphis, UConn, southern Miss, Tulane and realizing that three losses keep you from being rank, you might get off your high horse.

I believe deep down some of you guys are so emotionally vested in sports that the rivalry takes a huge emotional toll on you, especially if we lose. I also believe these are the same guys calling for the series to end and using UK's irrelevance as an excuse. This goes for the UK basketball guys as well...I see and hear this all the time because that game literally stresses them out physically.

I as a sports fan love this game and rivalry and won't pretend I don't. I get thoroughly pissed off when we lose as well, especially in football. Im.not a huge basketball fan but it does help time pass in the winter months.

I hope we beat the pussy cats down and don't let off of the gas, even in their very down years in the future. I also live in the present and some of you calling them irrelevant are calling that same team irrelevant that beat us at our place less than a year ago.

I hope we play them every year from here on out and smash their( tooth )in and ruin any morale their sorry fan base has in their sorry ass football program.
I love that attitude. I'm not a UofL hater (Been known to troll), but I love to beat you all and look forward to the game every year.

The Labor Day game was always fun and now Thanksgiving weekend has a purpose. I love when we play in basketball and football, the atmosphere is just awesome. I love the whole state tuning in and being on edge for every turn. The game is good for both parties.

Because of trash talk, mainly on the internet, both teams are scared to lose. I'm not. One year you all have Brohm and Bush putting up 50+ on us and the next year we have Woodson to Johnson. After our 4 straight, you guys win 5 straight and have a Heisman winner competing for the playoffs and then we beat you in an emotional win.

Losing the game would make it easier for us to get to a bowl every year. If we played a scrub instead of you guys in 2011, 2014, & 2015 we would have won 6 and made bowls those years...but that's not how I want to win. I'm only 25 and was not around for when UK was scared to play UofL, but I love the game and taking it off the schedule is chicken (poop).

Quite frankly I don't bring up UK not like zipp and others but I guess you're calling me a liar. Whether you can comprehend it or not but if you played Alabama, Georgia, LSU, auburn, UT Florida, etc consistently as oppose to UC, Memphis, UConn, southern Miss, Tulane and realizing that three losses keep you from being rank, you might get off your high horse.

Dude you are a bigger UK apologist than a blowhard UK fan. You're one major embarrassment. We get it, you really want to play them. Ok!

I'm not on a high horse, I'm just pointing out UK is a dumpster fire since 1984 and UofL is not. That can't be argued.

You are now running down the UofL program by marginalizing what UofL has accomplished over the years, in your defense of UK on the UofL board representing as a UofL fan, your moments in UofL history that you are pointing to are toTulane.

Seriously dude you should be banned for this. Either you are a UK fan in disguise or you are a complete moron. Or both.

Follow me around as much as you want. You've earned the ignore badge for being on the level of UK trolls - terrible.

Consider this my Jim Rome to you, you lightweight. I'm breaking up with you.

Dude you are a bigger UK apologist than a blowhard UK fan. You're one major embarrassment. We get it, you really want to play them. Ok!

I'm not on a high horse, I'm just pointing out UK is a dumpster fire since 1984 and UofL is not. That can't be argued.

You are now running down the UofL program by marginalizing what UofL has accomplished over the years, in your defense of UK on the UofL board representing as a UofL fan, your moments in UofL history that you are pointing to are toTulane.

Seriously dude you should be banned for this. Either you are a UK fan in disguise or you are a complete moron. Or both.

Follow me around as much as you want. You've earned the ignore badge for being on the level of UK trolls - terrible.

Consider this my Jim Rome to you, you lightweight. I'm breaking up with you.
Thank you for what that's worth. To be honest I never considered "going" with you. And that's always your option to put someone on ignore if you can't handle truth. Goodbye!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT