ADVERTISEMENT

The Starting Rotation (Fri-Sat-Sun)

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
Rock solid as it's looked in a while,I can't remember a year when it was more solid.We've usually seen something that has hampered the rotation until weeks into the season(injuries and depletion).

Barring any injuries(knock on wood) going into February,it looks like Bennett,Detmers and Miller will be the Fri-Sun starters. Your guess is as good as mine about the days,but I seem to remember Miller being a Friday guy and Bennett a Sunday guy last season.I'm not sure about that without digging pretty deep.I don't know.

I don't think it matters,but I'm sure Coach Mac and Coach Coach Williams will figure it out. Point is,The Cards are very solid 1-3 going in.

Rock solid as it's looked in a while,I can't remember a year when it was more solid.We've usually seen something that has hampered the rotation until weeks into the season(injuries and depletion).

Barring any injuries(knock on wood) going into February,it looks like Bennett,Detmers and Miller will be the Fri-Sun starters. Your guess is as good as mine about the days,but I seem to remember Miller being a Friday guy and Bennett a Sunday guy last season.I'm not sure about that without digging pretty deep.I don't know.

I don't think it matters,but I'm sure Coach Mac and Coach Coach Williams will figure it out. Point is,The Cards are very solid 1-3 going in.
My gut feeling says Detmers will be the Friday guy with Bennett on Saturday and Miller on Sunday.

Not sure about that 4th starter. My guess is Hoeing anchors the middle relief and one of the Freshmen becomes that mid week guy.

Maybe Perkins or Wright.

my opinion-
Bennett will be the Friday starter (most experienced, workhorse), Miller Saturday (last year's Sunday starter) and Detmers or Hoeing Sunday.

my opinion-
Bennett will be the Friday starter (most experienced, workhorse), Miller Saturday (last year's Sunday starter) and Detmers or Hoeing Sunday.
You might be right about Hoeing. He pitched mainly out of the bullpen last year. Bobby Miller came on strong after the midway point of the season and ended it in the weekend rotation. I think Hoeing will start out the 4th starter,which was problematic all season last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT