ADVERTISEMENT

The kid must be woefully short on actual basketball skills...

Still what is your point? UK players end up showing great love for the Fans, Coach, Coaching staff, Lexington, and the whole experiecne. Sure they come and leave quickly, but it is always a fun ride for both the fans and players. Just the world we live in. But it has been impressive the dedication and love they take to the NBA in the little amount of time they spend. And I doubt you could do the math anyway :)

Still what is your point? UK players end up showing great love for the Fans, Coach, Coaching staff, Lexington, and the whole experiecne. Sure they come and leave quickly, but it is always a fun ride for both the fans and players...
That's because your goalposts are on rollers.

And slapd!cks have always believed what they're told. "LPT is Camelot." Kind of amazing most of you still have any money.

"Elite program," my a$$...

The original point was A) UK players show love for the school regardless of the time they spend on campus and B) who cares about how good conferences are, I bet you are so proud of UNC for bringing home the title to the vaunted ACC last year. I am sure all UofL fans take pride in UNC, yes, the team that has been under investigation for 6 years, brought home the title. The irony that you, are proud of UNC winning last year is priceless....Trust me, you are not keeping me in line. YOu have posted over 30k times and even your own board can barely give you a decent % of likes.....
Precious. But it's 2 AM, and I'm afraid your parents are gonna take away your internet.

I will make it easy; Highlight the Fluff
1) Success year one
2) FF second year
3) NC third year (wow)
4) Another Runner up
5) FF
6) 38-1
7) Tons of incredible talent
8) No scandals
9) Dominate record over biggest rival

Also, where did I move the goalposts????

One title, and it took a transcendental player to accomplish that. Davis ain't walkin' through that door anytime soon.

Tubby had the same number of titles in almost the same timeframe. And you ran him off.

Everything else is irrelevant if you're an elite program.

Why do all of you (UOFL fans) keep saying all these players that Calipari gets don't care about the school.

I don't know man! Maybe it's because there's evidence guys laugh on the bench while they are getting blown out on national TV.

Screen-Shot-2017-02-06-at-12.38.07-PM_dtdr0a.png

Had you progressed beyond the eighth or ninth grade, you might have a clue.;)

Why are you insulting me? The point was, I made factual statements that presented points that were not just players "saying" they love the school but actual actions ("Behaving"). So I was wondering why someone would come back with a comment like that. Trust me, I have more education than 8th grade.

THanks for the name calling!

Again, talk is cheap esp. after the fact. The kid obviously wanted to jump, and no one gave him the confidence to do that. So he went with the usual OAD Plan B which was to return to school.

Nothing "invalid" in my post. He's a freak athlete and he's young, exactly the traits the NBA wants. Yet--and much to my surprise along with others--they didn't want THIS guy.

Congrats.

Again, talk is cheap esp. after the fact. The kid obviously wanted to jump, and no one gave him the confidence to do that. So he went with the usual OAD Plan B which was to return to school.

Nothing "invalid" in my post. He's a freak athlete and he's young, exactly the traits the NBA wants. Yet--and much to my surprise along with others--they didn't want THIS guy.

Congrats.

He said from the beginning that the plan was to test the waters and return to school. I don't see how he did anything to stray from that path

Congrats.

No doubt, reminds me of the guy at the bar that claims he was about to ask the hot chick to dance, but she left. Sure thing bud.

Reactions: gocds and zipp
It's a fact--although I ain't doing the math--that slappy kids spend less actual time in college than the basketball players at any other four-year school.

That's real love. Now, they probably do love Lite but he doesn't give much of an ish about LPT either.

Of course our players spend less time...they're able to turn professional and get paid sooner than most...you know kind of like Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, etc...no sense in waiting around when you're better at everyone else and can get paid...

but just for giggles, here's some real math for ya...APR scores...

http://www.coachcal.com/45048/2017/...ct-single-year-four-year-composite-apr-score/

Cue, pree-shee-ate the mega props, but I'm mostly serious...

A kid with extraordinary athletic ability coming back to school because the NBA is saying that's not enough says PLENTY. When extraordinary athletic ability is among the things the NBA values most. (Youth is another, and the kid is 18 years old.)

Of course, I wouldn't expect a typical slapd!ck to comprehend that. But yesterday was a lose-lose scenario for them. The kid finds a team that recognizes that potential, or he has very little potential.

We got our answer.

Pardon me, I am but a simple minded slappy. But are you saying that securing a first round talent for next year is a "lose"? We were already going to be thin at his position too. Keep in mind this kid already has 1/2 a year in the system to get acclimated. You are going to have to explain that. Because it is crazy sir.

Last edited:
One title, and it took a transcendental player to accomplish that. Davis ain't walkin' through that door anytime soon.

Tubby had the same number of titles in almost the same timeframe. And you ran him off.

If you see Cal and tubby as equals in the same timeframe then it speaks volumes about your headspace.

Last edited:
If you see Cal and tubby as equals in the same timeframe then it speaks volumes about your headspace.
Both guys get the same set of goalposts as far as I'm concerned. As far as "equals," I do know that Tubby could do a lot more with the talent he had.

Pardon me, I am but a simple minded slappy. But are you saying that securing a first round talent for next year is a "lose"? We were already going to be thin at his position too. Keep in mind this kid already has 1/2 a year in the system to get acclimated. You are going to have to explain that. Because it is crazy sir.
If he was a certain "first round talent" next year, he'd still be in the Draft 'cuz SOMEONE would have given him that guarantee THIS year.

At this point, you HOPE he's F.R.T. next year. Just like you hoped with Briscoe.

Of course our players spend less time...they're able to turn professional and get paid sooner than most...you know kind of like Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, etc...no sense in waiting around when you're better at everyone else and can get paid...

but just for giggles, here's some real math for ya...APR scores...
Are you changing the debate to APR scores?

I kinda threw up in my mouth a little over your OAD kids being compared to tech giants. :eek:

If he was a certain "first round talent" next year, he'd still be in the Draft 'cuz SOMEONE would have given him that guarantee THIS year.

At this point, you HOPE he's F.R.T. next year. Just like you hoped with Briscoe.

To be fair, you don't know that. You don't know him and you don't know his reasons for returning. He very well could be wanting to shoot for the lottery. Hey he could be wanting to win a national championship.

You're hitching your wagon to the notion that he just sucks at basketball because he chose to come back rather than get drafted late first round. Those were his two choices. This will be a fun re-visit in a few months. You're saying that picking up a first round talent, 9th ranked recruit, freak athlete is a "lose". Diallo was just listed by espn as one of the 25 best players in college basketball next year. But we lost when we got saddled with this bum. I can't believe this is the hill you chose to die on. It's a stretch even for the biggest hater

Both guys get the same set of goalposts as far as I'm concerned. As far as "equals," I do know that Tubby could do a lot more with the talent he had.

Cal and tubby both had a stint in Memphis. One of them succeeded. I love tubby. Great man and ambassador and he's a better coach than cal. But your blind if you can't see the intangibles.

To be fair, you don't know that. You don't know him and you don't know his reasons for returning. He very well could be wanting to shoot for the lottery. Hey he could be wanting to win a national championship.

You're hitching your wagon to the notion that he just sucks at basketball because he chose to come back rather than get drafted late first round. Those were his two choices. This will be a fun re-visit in a few months. You're saying that picking up a first round talent, 9th ranked recruit, freak athlete is a "lose". Diallo was just listed by espn as one of the 25 best players in college basketball next year. But we lost when we got saddled with this bum. I can't believe this is the hill you chose to die on. It's a stretch even for the biggest hater
He knew he wasn't in the lottery when he said he was gonna try to jump. Nobody said he was that good. And "testing the waters" is just rationalization on your part. No question that kid wanted to go and couldn't get an NBA team make him a guarantee.

Like most losers in an argument, you're trying to put words in my mouth. I never said he "sucks at basketball"--maybe that his basketball skills "suck", but I really never said that. What I DID say is that he "must be woefully short on actual basketball skills." That's a present tense statement; it doesn't say those skills can't improve. The kid obviously hopes they will.

So he returns for one year, and slapd!cks have to hope that Lite can work some kinda magic on him in a short time frame--even though the odds on that are long. Lite's had a number of chances to make a good kid better, and that seldom happens. More likely the kid is frustrated and becomes an issue for your team. That isn't a hater talking, that's someone who's watched your program waste five-star talent the last decade.

Good for you that he's back, but not great. If it was great news, the NBA would have wanted him today.

Last edited:
And ESPN saying he's Top 25 is no great testament; he was close to that THIS YEAR. If anything, ESPN is saying the kid might improve or he might not, which is probably why the NBA wasn't gonna take him high this year.

When mock drafts consistently bump him into the Top Ten, let us know.

Again, I ain't saying the wonder-kid sucks--he just ain't that good. Obviously not the kinda talent Lite needs to win another title.

He knew he wasn't in the lottery when he said he was gonna try to jump. Nobody said he was that good. And "testing the waters" is just rationalization on your part. No question that kid wanted to go and couldn't get an NBA team make him a guarantee.

Like most losers in an argument, you're trying to put words in my mouth. I never said he "sucks at basketball"--maybe that his basketball skills "suck", but I really never said that. What I DID say is that he "must be woefully short on actual basketball skills." That's a present tense statement; it doesn't say those skills can't improve. The kid obviously hopes they will.

So he returns for one year, and slapd!cks have to hope that Lite can work some kinda magic on him in a short time frame--even though the odds on that are long. Lite's had a number of chances to make a good kid better, and that seldom happens. More likely the kid is frustrated and becomes an issue for your team. That isn't a hater talking, that's someone who's watched your program waste five-star talent the last decade.

Good for you that he's back, but not great. If it was great news, the NBA would have wanted him today.

Woefully short on actual basketball skills = "sucks". People who employ common sense can understand. You're trying to wiggle out of this.

Woefully short on actual basketball skills = "sucks". People who employ common sense can understand. You're trying to wiggle out of this.
I'm not "wiggling out" of anything. As you wish...his basketball skills suck.

I'm good with that in light of what the NBA just told a freak athlete--which was, we're not wasting a high draft pick on you.

I'm not "wiggling out" of anything. As you wish...his basketball skills suck.

I'm good with that in light of what the NBA just told a freak athlete--which was, we're not wasting a high draft pick on you.

And I'm good with the fact that my team just landed a first round talent. Time will tell Z...........

And I'm good with the fact that my team just landed a first round talent. Time will tell Z...........
Right. Just like all of your 5-star guys were supposed to be outta high school.

Last edited:
With all of this talk about uahkay players "loving" uahkay and when they come back to "love" their university can they find ANY academic buildings where they actually went to class? I seriously doubt it. Yeah, I know they took all their classes "on-line". ;):p

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Why are you insulting me? The point was, I made factual statements that presented points that were not just players "saying" they love the school but actual actions ("Behaving"). So I was wondering why someone would come back with a comment like that. Trust me, I have more education than 8th grade.

THanks for the name calling!

Where did I call you a name? Comprehension obviously isn't one of your strengths. "Behaving"? You mean like T. Jones leaving the scene of an accident (probably drunk), and Willis undeniably wasted laying outside the open drivers side door, passed out on the ground? That may be behaving in your world, but those are crimes everywhere else

Brought forth since I’ve gotten so much unfounded and often humorous pushback from certain slappies…

This kid’s among a small group of LPT five-star kids who elected to return for their sophomore years. Not counting the two kids who stayed in 2011 because of the NBA lockout, there have been 10 among the 33 kids that LPT inked prior to 2017.

Lamb (lockout)
Jones (lockout)

Wiltjer
Poythress
Lee
Andrew Harrison
Aaron Harrison
Ulis
Briscoe
Diallo
Gabriel
Killeya-Jones

The outcomes for the last three are still TBD, but no one on that list except for Ulis has helped himself so far. And Ulis was an unusual situation: the smallest guy listed (guys who don’t get drafted high) and playing behind Andrew Harrison. I doubt anyone not wearing blue blockers expects Gabriel and Killeya-Jones to become world beaters.

Diallo will beat the odds if he comes back to LPT and becomes a star. Slapd!cks cheer his return, but it really proves they don’t know their own system and recent history. When a five-star kid returns—esp. after the NBA takes a hard look at him—it really means he’s probably not anywhere close to what his five-star ranking implies. I’m not saying he’s bad, he’s just overrated.

Neither Lite nor slappies should want five-star kids for more than one year; you should want those kids to jump regardless. Thank them, and get them on their way. The benefits to their return do not necessarily outweigh the costs. It's not that you don’t want kids for more than one year, you just don’t want those to be your five star kids. The ideal example was Booker who unexpectedly blew up in his freshman year and didn’t come back. Normally, that kid returns a 2nd year and helps you, maybe a lot.

But it's kinda hard to build a decent base of 3/4 star kids when you mostly recruit fives. Per Rivals, 11 of the 13 kids in LPT's last two classes are five stars. You're not setting yourself up for good kids to return a 2nd year with their heads in the right adjustment. You're just taking every high rated kid who will commit. And before a slappy apologist says "U of L would do the same thing," that's the reasoning of someone repeating the same mistake and without knowing U of L would do anything remotely close to that.

Slapd!cks can argue against their own history, but that’s just stupid. And they now have enough history with Lite and OAD kids where it’s hard to justify “stupid”.

“Elite program,” my a$$...

So what would Diallo have to be selected to "have helped himself"? even though he should technically still be a freshman since all he did was practice. Would just bring selected next year be improving himself?

So what would Diallo have to be selected to "have helped himself"? even though he should technically still be a freshman since all he did was practice. Would just bring selected next year be improving himself?
IMO unless he got zero assurance of a first-round pick this year, the only good reason to have risked a return is to be a lottery pick next year. Just being in the first round next year wouldn't be worth the risk to me.

So there's your answer...he needs to be in the 2018 lottery. And we ain't talkin' Powerball here. :cool:

IMO unless he got zero assurance of a first-round pick this year, the only good reason to have risked a return is to be a lottery pick next year. Just being in the first round next year wouldn't be worth the risk to me.

So there's your answer...he needs to be in the 2018 lottery. And we ain't talkin' Powerball here. :cool:

I feel like that was his original goal was to be selected in the lottery. Hopefully he lives up to the hype and goes that high. I like my shooting guards to be able to shoot but we will see

Brought forth since I’ve gotten so much unfounded and often humorous pushback from certain slappies…

This kid’s among a small group of LPT five-star kids who elected to return for their sophomore years. Not counting the two kids who stayed in 2011 because of the NBA lockout, there have been 10 among the 33 kids that LPT inked prior to 2017.

Lamb (lockout)
Jones (lockout)

Wiltjer
Poythress
Lee
Andrew Harrison
Aaron Harrison
Ulis
Briscoe
Diallo
Gabriel
Killeya-Jones

The outcomes for the last three are still TBD, but no one on that list except for Ulis has helped himself so far. And Ulis was an unusual situation: the smallest guy listed (guys who don’t get drafted high) and playing behind Andrew Harrison. I doubt anyone not wearing blue blockers expects Gabriel and Killeya-Jones to become world beaters.

Diallo will beat the odds if he comes back to LPT and becomes a star. Slapd!cks cheer his return, but it really proves they don’t know their own system and recent history. When a five-star kid returns—esp. after the NBA takes a hard look at him—it really means he’s probably not anywhere close to what his five-star ranking implies. I’m not saying he’s bad, he’s just overrated.

Neither Lite nor slappies should want five-star kids for more than one year; you should want those kids to jump regardless. Thank them, and get them on their way. The benefits to their return do not necessarily outweigh the costs. It's not that you don’t want kids for more than one year, you just don’t want those to be your five star kids. The ideal example was Booker who unexpectedly blew up in his freshman year and didn’t come back. Normally, that kid returns a 2nd year and helps you, maybe a lot.

But it's kinda hard to build a decent base of 3/4 star kids when you mostly recruit fives. Per Rivals, 11 of the 13 kids in LPT's last two classes are five stars. You're not setting yourself up for good kids to return a 2nd year with their heads in the right adjustment. You're just taking every high rated kid who will commit. And before a slappy apologist says "U of L would do the same thing," that's the reasoning of someone repeating the same mistake and without knowing U of L would do anything remotely close to that.

Slapd!cks can argue against their own history, but that’s just stupid. And they now have enough history with Lite and OAD kids where it’s hard to justify “stupid”.

“Elite program,” my a$$...

Actually what you said was that he is woefully bad at basketball and then I think at one point you used the word "garbage". But I'd have to double check. Apparently everyone stud athlete who can't get picked in the lottery is just horrible at basketball

Unless they're just crazy or irrational, most Kentucky fans are happy with making a final four. In fact, I think a fan of any program, no matter how great, would consider a final four a successful season. Cal has done well at UK. It takes a lot of luck to win the whole thing and doesn't happen often.

With all of this talk about uahkay players "loving" uahkay and when they come back to "love" their university can they find ANY academic buildings where they actually went to class? I seriously doubt it. Yeah, I know they took all their classes "on-line". ;):p

Uahkay?? You can think of something better than that. Come on.

Uahkay?? You can think of something better than that. Come on.

It's OUR board. If you don't like it - tough noogies. Go on back to your crappy board if you don't want to see or read this stuff. Just get the hell off our board. They woh't allow anything on your weak board without banning ALL of us. You're very lucky that you are stilll here.

Reactions: Graves51 and zipp
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT