ADVERTISEMENT

The Groundhog Day that Is U of K Football

tkdcoach

Four-Star Poster
Sep 4, 2001
Funny thread over on Smurfington today about how they should've hired Coach Petrino. The funny part is most of the responses presume he would've actually taken the U of K job [over WKU] . I doubt he's that stupid or was ever that desperate as to take the job at the program he perfected the art of hating.

How can you look down on a coach [lol] if your own program is where potential goes to be buried alive? A coach that has pwned you for several decades?

But what's with the drama anyway on Nov 8th? They can still beat Louisville--the one and only "rival" they can face with any shred of self-respect and half a realistic chance of beating. The season is not over.

Oh, but yeh right, now I remember WHY...it's the guilt or shame (take yer pick) that must come with realizing you've been WRONG AGAIN...you've shot your mouth off yet again....cashing checks with your mouth that you can't back up. In the wake of yet another off-season of posturing and bragging and overthinking the supposed improvement in your program and star rankings yada, etc. Same song, same dance, but will you ever get it right?

Maybe go one full off-season working hard, training tough, and saying nothing about it? Surely, confidence and humility can go hand-in-hand? That Groundhog Day alarm clock just went off again; you're not who you thought you were. What did you learn?

Last edited:
They're right on schedule.

calendar1.jpg

We gotta give Towles credit, he did pick UK to play in the SEC championship game and Florida will be.

Oh, my bad, Towles doesn't play at Florida, he plays at UK lol.

I don't have anything against the UofK players. I just like laughing at the delusional fan base for the off the wall over the top expectations of the doormat program. Like the OP said, it's Groundhog day in Lexington, again, and again, and again, and again, and again and so on........

We gotta give Towles credit, he did pick UK to play in the SEC championship game and Florida will be.

Oh, my bad, Towles doesn't play at Florida, he plays at UK lol.
Towles ain't the only moron either. I can't tell you how many of those UKlowns I argued with that tried to say Towles was going to the NFL. If that guy plays in the NFL, so will I.

Why you gotta go and offend Groundhogs like that?:p

I will say this though, typically, at this time of year, both groundhogs and uk football go into a deep state of hibernation for the rest of the year, awakening again in the spring with renewed vim and vigor.

Go Cards!

I don't know why they are so concerned with the state of the FB program. They are a basketball school. They've never been good in football and they'll probably never be any good...maybe a good year every now and then. They love basketball, they're not supposed to be good in FB and they aren't. Most should just accept it and not get too bent out of shape. I'm sure no one in Alabama freaks out because the Tide basketball team isn't a power. They care about football. On the same token why should any uk fan get bent out of shape about football. That's not your sport...concern yourself with basketball. Leave the football to UGA, UA, UT, UF, LSU and AU. Know your place and accept it.

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
I don't know why they are so concerned with the state of the FB program. They are a basketball school. They've never been good in football and they'll probably never be any good...maybe a good year every now and then. They love basketball, they're not supposed to be good in FB and they aren't. Most should just accept it and not get too bent out of shape. I'm sure no one in Alabama freaks out because the Tide basketball team isn't a power. They care about football. On the same token why should any uk fan get bent out of shape about football. That's not your sport...concern yourself with basketball. Leave the football to UGA, UA, UT, UF, LSU and AU. Know your place and accept it.

Those were the exact words Bill Olsen was told, but he had bigger dreams. He convinced the "PIPE" to come to Louisville and the rest is history. Coach Schnellenberger's record was 54-56-2 but we had some great wins in that number and UofL football moved up the food chain. This is America, UK has the right to dream.

SS - nightmares are the only dreams that uk fans can muster when it comes to FB ....but your sentiment is true IRGT America.

SS - nightmares are the only dreams that uk fans can muster when it comes to FB ....but your sentiment is true IRGT America.

Since I no longer live in Louisville I forget how "Entitled" they can be. They have what they deserve. You have to make sacrifices to fulfill your dreams. UofL has done that with the entire athletic department. Not just FB.

To be fair, if we had "known our place", our football program would probably not exist right now. Once we had success in football, it then became important to UK.

We are different University. What happens at UofL has nothing to do with what occurs at uk. You seem to kind of imply that what happens here will happen there...just because we are in the same state. There's over 300 division I schools...what happens at one school doesn't automatically happen at other universities.

I disagree DerVille. I read CardVille's post to meant that the irrational jealousy of LPT for any success the Cards have fuels the vast majority of the steps LPT takes. The problem is, as noted my others, their sense of entitlement will not let them make the sacrifices needed to achieve those successes.

How long does Stupes keep his job,?
One more long, long, long year. Ha ha.

The decline of Towels is epically ruinous for them. He;s a failure with no fix available. Not only is he flinging poo everywhere except to his receivers, they have no backup plan other than a kid they never play. At all. No wonder Harry Potter felt god-like. He sucked and he still owned everyone.

Next season should be plenty dreadful for UK.

The decline of Towels is epically ruinous for them. He;s a failure with no fix available. Not only is he flinging poo everywhere except to his receivers, they have no backup plan other than a kid they never play. At all. No wonder Harry Potter felt god-like. He sucked and he still owned everyone.

No Senore, the same predictions will be spewing from their fan base in January as the calendar repeats. Their recruits will be bigger, stronger and faster and ready to take the next step. Mark it down.

Towles didn't decline, he's exactly the same as he was last year, physically talented but mentally challenged as a D1 QB.

Defenses have caught on to this as well, and speed rush most of the time. He can't pick up disguised defenses, and he isn't accurate in the short pass game to compensate.

I think Stoops knew if he played Barker early he could damage Towles psyche, that was a mistake. I wouldn't be surprised if Jim Bunning being his grandfather didn't have something to do with his long leash as well.

Barker may not be the answer, but he needs a shot to prove it. Especially since Towles has lost the team.

Towles didn't decline, he's exactly the same as he was last year, physically talented but mentally challenged as a D1 QB.

Defenses have caught on to this as well, and speed rush most of the time. He can't pick up disguised defenses, and he isn't accurate in the short pass game to compensate.

I think Stoops knew if he played Barker early he could damage Towles psyche, that was a mistake. I wouldn't be surprised if Jim Bunning being his grandfather didn't have something to do with his long leash as well.

Barker may not be the answer, but he needs a shot to prove it. Especially since Towles has lost the team.

Why even argue or disagree with us? UK football is always better in June and July, 8 more months and you'll be back on the top of the world.

Why even argue or disagree with us? UK football is always better in June and July, 8 more months and you'll be back on the top of the world.
100% spot on. In the spring, they're the better, bigger, stronger, faster version of the year before. In the summer months, they're going to dominate the SEC east and compete for at least a shot at the Sugar Bowl. Then September rolls around and the hype machine is in full force. In late October, the excuses start dropping like bombs over Afghanistan. By November it's another lost or missed opportunity, and now we're to believe the reason Stoops stayed with Towel Boy this long is due to his granpappy being Jim Bunning and not the fact he doesn't have any better option.

It's freaking hilarious!!! LMAO!! It never gets old:p

Reactions: KerryRhodes
If only Scar and Mizzou had played liked $EC teams, the cayuts would have 7
losses and been put out of their misery.

Now its up to UofL to do it-again !

No Senore, the same predictions will be spewing from their fan base in January as the calendar repeats. Their recruits will be bigger, stronger and faster and ready to take the next step. Mark it down.
I'll book market. ;-)

No Senore, the same predictions will be spewing from their fan base in January as the calendar repeats. Their recruits will be bigger, stronger and faster
If only Scar and Mizzou had played liked $EC teams, the cayuts would have 7
losses and been put out of their misery.

Now its up to UofL to do it-again !

They still play two shi]]y teams before we play them, if they lose one of those....

100% spot on. In the spring, they're the better, bigger, stronger, faster version of the year before. In the summer months, they're going to dominate the SEC east and compete for at least a shot at the Sugar Bowl. Then September rolls around and the hype machine is in full force. In late October, the excuses start dropping like bombs over Afghanistan. By November it's another lost or missed opportunity, and now we're to believe the reason Stoops stayed with Towel Boy this long is due to his granpappy being Jim Bunning and not the fact he doesn't have any better option.

It's freaking hilarious!!! LMAO!! It never gets old:p

I didn't say that was the reason, but don't underestimate who wields power at many schools.

Barker may not be better, but if all he could do was scramble and hand off he'd be as good of an option as Towles right now.

I'll go ahead and say the obvious. Barker should be a raging dumpster fire against one of the best defenses UK plays this season. If he starts, what a rude awakening, giving him what are essentially his first snaps of the year to a team that held Florida to a TD and a FG. I wager Towels comes back in to try and mount a rally being 2 TDs down and tosses up a pic, lol.

Is there concern on the UK side that UofL will present the potential roadblock to UK's version of a "successful season"? Or is that a completely stupid question?

I hate to break the news but Barker is not the second coming of Tim Couch your fan base made him out to be. Like Jumbo Elam, another UK legend.

Funny thread over on Smurfington today about how they should've hired Coach Petrino. The funny part is most of the responses presume he would've actually taken the U of K job [over WKU] . I doubt he's that stupid or was ever that desperate as to take the job at the program he perfected the art of hating.

How can you look down on a coach [lol] if your own program is where potential goes to be buried alive? A coach that has pwned you for several decades?

But what's with the drama anyway on Nov 8th? They can still beat Louisville--the one and only "rival" they can face with any shred of self-respect and half a realistic chance of beating. The season is not over.

Oh, but yeh right, now I remember WHY...it's the guilt or shame (take yer pick) that must come with realizing you've been WRONG AGAIN...you've shot your mouth off yet again....cashing checks with your mouth that you can't back up. In the wake of yet another off-season of posturing and bragging and overthinking the supposed improvement in your program and star rankings yada, etc. Same song, same dance, but will you ever get it right?

Maybe go one full off-season working hard, training tough, and saying nothing about it? Surely, confidence and humility can go hand-in-hand? That Groundhog Day alarm clock just went off again; you're not who you thought you were. What did you learn?
Coach Petrino would have taken the job, but the problem is BP is blackballed from the sec which is lucky for you guys

scf you are full of $h*+. If ANY of the true $ec football schools had wanted CBP they would have had him, period. Instead uselessakay took a guy who came to their door begging for the job. A guy that had never been a head coach ANYWHERE. Absolute brilliance in athletic administration history.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: Mayoman
I hate to break the news but Barker is not the second coming of Tim Couch your fan base made him out to be. Like Jumbo Elam, another UK legend.

I'm not saying he is, but he can't be any worse than Towles right now. Towles is a 4th year Junior, yet he is essentially the same QB he was at the start of last year.

Towles is not accurate, does not make quick decisions, can't read defenses, locks on one receiver and plays scared. He has 2 TD's in SEC play.

Kind of agree with my German friend. UK will never be any good at football. Most of them are Alabama football fans anyway. They don't have the fanbase, money or intelligence to build a program up. Too much panic, too much fear, too little faith. The hilljacks in the hollers aren't going to buy seat licenses to get a program rolling. There isn't any big corporate money to give to football, it all goes to basketball. No vision, no confidence, end of story.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT