ADVERTISEMENT

So many teams, I'm completely unimpressed with in the NCAA ...

tn00nan

2000+
Feb 17, 2003
Dayton, OH
Maybe I'm biased, but watching UL has spoiled me I think. I've watched SO MANY games in this tourney in which the teams take turns coming down and jacking up a 3 with maybe one pass at most. It's made me really appreciate the way the Cards run their offense, moving the ball around, inside then out.

I don't know how far we would have gotten this year - so much depends on matchups but I think we'd have likely made it at least to the second weekend.

I'm not surprised there are 6 ACC teams in the tourney. UNC especially HAS impressed me. They look like they have it all together. I haven't watched Kansas so I can't count them out. But right now, UNC looks like the team to beat. They've had the talent all year and now they look like they are taking defense seriously.

Teams that really surprised me by their offense (or lack thereof) includes Xavier - who impressed the hell out of me early in the year. Maybe they were just really hot that game from the 3 in the game early in the year. But they were one of the teams I mentioned that have disappointed me. Just no flow to their offense AT ALL. Come down, jack up a 3, maybe one pass. In my view, their PG (Sumner?) cost them the game with his silly drives into traffic (seems like he would convert 1/4th the time). Left me feeling that Coach Mack is significantly over-rated.

The entire Pac 10 was a bust (except for Oregon who almost lost to St. Joe's).
MSU? What happened to the most brilliant coach not named Wooden?
KY's early exit didn't surprise me. Except for Ulis and their other guard, I didn't think they were much. The whole damn team was hot in the UL game - doesn't it seem that way every year?

As poor as I think the overall play has been, it's been pretty exciting. I had not planned to watch many games but the final 3 games Sunday night were pretty interesting.

Reactions: Louisville JD
Maybe I'm biased, but watching UL has spoiled me I think. I've watched SO MANY games in this tourney in which the teams take turns coming down and jacking up a 3 with maybe one pass at most. It's made me really appreciate the way the Cards run their offense, moving the ball around, inside then out.

I don't know how far we would have gotten this year - so much depends on matchups but I think we'd have likely made it at least to the second weekend.

I'm not surprised there are 6 ACC teams in the tourney. UNC especially HAS impressed me. They look like they have it all together. I haven't watched Kansas so I can't count them out. But right now, UNC looks like the team to beat. They've had the talent all year and now they look like they are taking defense seriously.

Teams that really surprised me by their offense (or lack thereof) includes Xavier - who impressed the hell out of me early in the year. Maybe they were just really hot that game from the 3 in the game early in the year. But they were one of the teams I mentioned that have disappointed me. Just no flow to their offense AT ALL. Come down, jack up a 3, maybe one pass. In my view, their PG (Sumner?) cost them the game with his silly drives into traffic (seems like he would convert 1/4th the time). Left me feeling that Coach Mack is significantly over-rated.

The entire Pac 10 was a bust (except for Oregon who almost lost to St. Joe's).
MSU? What happened to the most brilliant coach not named Wooden?
KY's early exit didn't surprise me. Except for Ulis and their other guard, I didn't think they were much. The whole damn team was hot in the UL game - doesn't it seem that way every year?

As poor as I think the overall play has been, it's been pretty exciting. I had not planned to watch many games but the final 3 games Sunday night were pretty interesting.

The more I watch, the more I am pi$$ed about the seeding our 2014 team got. 4 seed my a$$. They could have won it all. And they were nowhere near as good as the 2013 team. All that aside, the level of play has gone downhill.

Now to Xavier and Chris Mack. I consider it to be a one-off or bad night. Give credit to Wisconsin for making it that way. I felt too much of the game was put into the hands of Sumner. That's on the coach. The coach had no blame for Sumner's poor performance from the line. When Remy Abell was the 2nd leading scorer, something in the game plan sucked;. And that is obviously on the coach. I love X and Coach Mack. He is still growing and hopefully learn from this.

Watered down play, but nevertheless exciting. Kansas is good, but not overwhelming. Villanova impressed me as did North Carolina. Miami, Gonzaga and Iowa State look very good in this field. As does UVA and Indiana. And who thought Syracuse should even be in the tourney? This week should tell the tale.

I still think our 2014 team would have mopped the floor with this bunch.

The more I watch, the more I am pi$$ed about the seeding our 2014 team got. 4 seed my a$$. They could have won it all. And they were nowhere near as good as the 2013 team. All that aside, the level of play has gone downhill.

Now to Xavier and Chris Mack. I consider it to be a one-off or bad night. Give credit to Wisconsin for making it that way. I felt too much of the game was put into the hands of Sumner. That's on the coach. The coach had no blame for Sumner's poor performance from the line. When Remy Abell was the 2nd leading scorer, something in the game plan sucked;. And that is obviously on the coach. I love X and Coach Mack. He is still growing and hopefully learn from this.

Watered down play, but nevertheless exciting. Kansas is good, but not overwhelming. Villanova impressed me as did North Carolina. Miami, Gonzaga and Iowa State look very good in this field. As does UVA and Indiana. And who thought Syracuse should even be in the tourney? This week should tell the tale.

I still think our 2104 team would have mopped the floor with this bunch.

I think your 2014 would have whipped Wichita St in the sweet 16 and in all likelihood been favored to win every game from that point. That 4 seed was outrageous, you guys were the #1 Kenpom team that year. Total screwjob IMO.

I think your 2014 would have whipped Wichita St in the sweet 16 and in all likelihood been favored to win every game from that point. That 4 seed was outrageous, you guys were the #1 Kenpom team that year. Total screwjob IMO.

Not sure about our beating WSU. Going into the tourney there were two teams that I saw as major obstacles, UK and WSU. Your guys length and talent took us out before we could have gotten to an improved team that given us fits the year before. What's done is done. Props to your guys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT