ADVERTISEMENT

Snider And Mathiang

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
will be co-captains on this year's team.

Mathiang is keeping his role from last season, when he was a co-captain with graduate students Damion Lee and Trey Lewis. Snider is one of the most experienced players in the program and is the returning point man in Louisville's expected starting lineup.

"Both young man deserve that," Pitino said. "(Mathiang) is an emotional leader. (Snider) is going to be the quarterback of the team. He's come a long way, basketball-wise and leadership-wise, and I know he'll do an outstanding job."

Mathiang is entering his fifth year in the program. He sat out his freshman year as a redshirt, but he has played in 81 games over the past three years, including 25 starts. He missed 21 games this past season after breaking his foot in December, but Pitino said Mathiang is expected to be fully healthy well before the season.

Snider, a Ballard High alum, became Louisville's primary point guard in February of the 2014-15 season after Chris Jones was dismissed from the program. The 6-foot-1 junior started 24 games last season and 10 as a freshman.

Reactions: pervisl
will be co-captains on this year's team.

Mathiang is keeping his role from last season, when he was a co-captain with graduate students Damion Lee and Trey Lewis. Snider is one of the most experienced players in the program and is the returning point man in Louisville's expected starting lineup.

"Both young man deserve that," Pitino said. "(Mathiang) is an emotional leader. (Snider) is going to be the quarterback of the team. He's come a long way, basketball-wise and leadership-wise, and I know he'll do an outstanding job."

Mathiang is entering his fifth year in the program. He sat out his freshman year as a redshirt, but he has played in 81 games over the past three years, including 25 starts. He missed 21 games this past season after breaking his foot in December, but Pitino said Mathiang is expected to be fully healthy well before the season.

Snider, a Ballard High alum, became Louisville's primary point guard in February of the 2014-15 season after Chris Jones was dismissed from the program. The 6-foot-1 junior started 24 games last season and 10 as a freshman.
I;m still delighted Q decided to shine Illinois and recommit to us. I always felt he has an under rated game. A quiet, responsible leader is always what a team needs.

I hope Mangok is fully recovered from his injury and is ready to go because the team will need him this season. Snider is always a steady, calm presence out there. He improved his outside shot and just needs to step up his defense at times. Glad to have both guys though definitely.

Reactions: pervisl
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT