ADVERTISEMENT

SEC continued...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barker needed reps, it was obvious early in the season Towles hadn't grown mentally.

Dude you totally should've called in to the Big Blue Line and told Stoops this. Might have won you guys the East or at least gotten you to a bowl. Poster above is right: Barker stinks. Another overhyped Ky HS legend/program savior. You rubes keep buying in.

Your posts are without fail just so dumb that I can't help calling you out.......on EVERY.SINGLE.ONE. I'll try to be nicer so you'll quit crying like a pre-teen girl.

I think this is dead on. When UK is 2-7 maybe we will realize it.

The biggest problem for UK with their QB exodus is they are basically having to start over from scratch with a new QB, in a year when many UK fans are expecting, not hoping, but expecting, to get over the hump and into a Bowl. Winning in the SEC with basically a rookie QB is not going to be easy.

Reactions: JohnKBA
The biggest problem for UK with their QB exodus is they are basically having to start over from scratch with a new QB, in a year when many UK fans are expecting, not hoping, but expecting, to get over the hump and into a Bowl. Winning in the SEC with basically a rookie QB is not going to be easy.

You're right, but it became obvious Towles wasn't going to get over the hump.

He was the same QB at the end of last year as he was the start of the previous year.

For all his physical gifts he can't put it together mentally.

You're right, but it became obvious Towles wasn't going to get over the hump.

He was the same QB at the end of last year as he was the start of the previous year.

For all his physical gifts he can't put it together mentally.
Towles had the tools but unfortunately for him Stoops lack of coaching ability and player development did him in at UK. Now he is the latest scapegoat in a long line of them that UK fans point the finger at to help explain the train wreck that is UK football. Barker is a punk who will be the next one they turn on.

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
Towles can't make a screen pass, or a slant. He has no touch, not to mention he just doesn't have it mentally.

I don't know if Barker will be any better, may not be, but at some point when a QB hasn't grown a lick the next guy has to get an opportunity.

Towles can't make a screen pass, or a slant. He has no touch, not to mention he just doesn't have it mentally.

I don't know if Barker will be any better, may not be, but at some point when a QB hasn't grown a lick the next guy has to get an opportunity.
I think the coaching has a lot to do with the lack of growth. Not just QB. Can you name any player that has developed under Stoops? Hunter Cantwell looked like an All-American when he came in for Brohm while Petrino was here. Under Kragthorpe he looked like crap. What UK fans can't understand about football is the star ratings are nice but not many can take the field and shine from day one. It's takes someone who can take that potential and build on it.

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
I think the coaching has a lot to do with the lack of growth. Not just QB. Can you name any player that has developed under Stoops? Hunter Cantwell looked like an All-American when he came in for Brohm while Petrino was here. Under Kragthorpe he looked like crap. What UK fans can't understand about football is the star ratings are nice but not many can take the field and shine from day one. It's takes someone who can take that potential and build on it.

Wait, wasn't Krag after Petrino? Did Cantwell forget what he learned or did he just have better players around him when Petrino was there. Didn't Brohm play a year under Krag too?

Look, I do understand star ratings aren't everything. Rating had nothing to do with why I thought Barker should've played sooner. It's because Towles didn't improve at all.
A coach can't make a player react differently in stressful situations, a person has it or they don't.
Towles didn't handle pressure well, didn't respond well. Another year was not going to improve Towles play.

No offense but Dupree was simply an athletic freak. He was not that good of a college player - not sure he had a great football IQ as he was routinely out of position.

Dupree improved significantly during his time at UK, and he was an athletic freak.

The same could be said for basically every high level football player.

Dupree improved significantly during his time at UK, and he was an athletic freak.

1 out of the 100 who have been there under Stoops. Wasn't he a Joker recruit anyway? As far as Cantwell he didn't seem to be able to make any throws at all when Kragthorpe was there. Brohm went from a first round pick to 4th round under Kragthorpe- it's the coaches responsibilty to put his players in a position to succeed.

1 out of the 100 who have been there under Stoops. Wasn't he a Joker recruit anyway? As far as Cantwell he didn't seem to be able to make any throws at all when Kragthorpe was there. Brohm went from a first round pick to 4th round under Kragthorpe- it's the coaches responsibilty to put his players in a position to succeed.

Towles was a Joker recruit too.

Brohm wasn't ever going to be a first Rd pick, a damn good college QB though.

Towles was a Joker recruit too.

Brohm wasn't ever going to be a first Rd pick, a damn good college QB though.
He was projected as a first rounder after his Jr year and the #2 overall QB in the draft.. Towles went through 3 offensive coordinators at UK. The theme for UK has been how bare Joker left the cupboard that is why Stoops is still rebuilding in yr 4

He was projected as a first rounder after his Jr year and the #2 overall QB in the draft.. Towles went through 3 offensive coordinators at UK. The theme for UK has been how bare Joker left the cupboard that is why Stoops is still rebuilding in yr 4

Well, he did, Dupree was not the same player his second and third year that he was his first.

Towles through as many interceptions as TD's, by a long shot in SEC play.

I'm going to have to see something that shows Brohm was going to be the second QB picked.

That wasn't hard to find Bill. Watch Towles at Boston College. It will be amazing how much better he looks with good coaching.

That wasn't hard to find Bill. Watch Towles at Boston College. It will be amazing how much better he looks with good coaching.

Takes a hell of a coaching staff to go winless in the ACC. Towles should flourish under that kind of leadership :D

Takes a hell of a coaching staff to go winless in the ACC. Towles should flourish under that kind of leadership :D
Talk about a serious lack of talent. That's where BC is now. But even if a team is losing you can tell if they are well coached or not. In the game I saw them play they always had 11 players on the field for punts.

Reactions: JohnKBA

Actually it couldn't. Also, Dupree didn't improve significantly every year - by any discernible metric. He had more tackles as a sophomore (91 - in coincidentally Joker's last year) than either his 2 years under Stupes - by quite a bit. His TFL and sack #'s stayed pretty static his last 3 years.

What's your spin on that Bill?

Actually it couldn't. Also, Dupree didn't improve significantly every year - by any discernible metric. He had more tackles as a sophomore (91 - in coincidentally Joker's last year) than either his 2 years under Stupes - by quite a bit. His TFL and sack #'s stayed pretty static his last 3 years.

What's your spin on that Bill?

The dude was drafted in the first round, I'd say he improved nicely.
The reason he made more tackles was because he was the only player on defense. Really easy to understand.

The reason he made more tackles was because he was the only player on defense. Really easy to understand.
It don't work that way Bill. If you are the only decent player you are getting double and triple teamed every game

It don't work that way Bill. If you are the only decent player you are getting double and triple teamed every game

Let me see if I understand you correctly. You're saying Bud Dupree wasn't as good of a player his last year as he was the 2 previous?

Yoy answered the question in this post Team, his stats went down because A) He was the dominant force on UK's defense, he was double teamed, B) Teams went away from him, as he was as I stated above the dominant player on defense.

The dude was drafted in the 1st round because he's 6'4" / 265 and runs a 4.6 40 - not to mention all of the other combine measurables that he excelled at. Not that it's a fair comparison really but, not much different than why Scab will go in the 1st round either.

I'm here to be convinced but you need to bring a little more to the table than "he was drafted in the 1st round" - particularly when his production slipped from his sophomore year. I think he probably will make a decent pro - but only because he'll get top notch coaching there... Unlike he did from Stupes.

Lets be honest here, nothing I say is going to change your mind.

Comparing Dupree to Skal is ridiculous as Dupree was a beast in college whether you choose to believe it or not. Skal being drafted in the first round is a waste of a pick at this point.

I'm saying that despite the UK myth to the contrary. He either A. Had more talent around him than UK fans want to admit Joker brought in, which allowed him to avoid double teams or B. Joker was able to make adjustments which allowed him to be in position to make plays. Adjustments that Stoops couldn't or wouldn't make.

Lets be honest here, nothing I say is going to change your mind.

Comparing Dupree to Skal is ridiculous as Dupree was a beast in college whether you choose to believe it or not. Skal being drafted in the first round is a waste of a pick at this point.
Except that I said that I'm here to be convinced - no offense but, your teply seems like a cop out and, perhaps the position of someone who doesn't have anything substantial to back up his assertion. I believe what I said regarding Dupree but did not say it to flame you and am honestly willing to consider your evidence to the contrary.

I will say - again my opinion - that I watch a ton of CF and comparatively speaking, Dupree was a fine college player but in no way was a "beast". Michael Sam was a beast in college but didn't make it in the pros because of his measurables at his spot.

Except that I said that I'm here to be convinced - no offense but, your teply seems like a cop out and, perhaps the position of someone who doesn't have anything substantial to back up his assertion. I believe what I said regarding Dupree but did not say it to flame you and am honestly willing to consider your evidence to the contrary.

I will say - again my opinion - that I watch a ton of CF and comparatively speaking, Dupree was a fine college player but in no way was a "beast". Michael Sam was a beast in college but didn't make it in the pros because of his measurables at his spot.

You won't be convinced BP, no matter what I write.

To say the best player on a team is usually double and triple teamed, then say that Dupree didn't improve because his stats went down his last year proves my point.

I don't have to back up my opinion, it doesn't require it. Dupree was All SEC his last year, was drafted in the first round by the Steelers, who generally don't waste draft picks, he saw significant playing time as a rookie.

You don't want to give Stoops any credit, which is fine, I get it. Just don't act like you have to be sold on something that is blatantly obvious, you don't WANT to see it.

Stoops is in year four, with a 12-24 record, if he can't get to 6-6 then what? Are you guys still going to say that he's only a couple of years away? Gillispie showed better coaching ability, I guess if Gillispie were a football coach, Kentucky would still be hoping he'd turn it around.

You won't be convinced BP, no matter what I write

Good. Then stop "writing." You literally never shut up. 24/7/365 you flap those gums and chime in on everything. Other than merely to get under everyone's skin, I ask again why are you here. You're like that annoying and uninvited house guest who refuses to leave. They kick you out at Cat Paw or what?

Stoops is in year four, with a 12-24 record, if he can't get to 6-6 then what? Are you guys still going to say that he's only a couple of years away? Gillispie showed better coaching ability, I guess if Gillispie were a football coach, Kentucky would still be hoping he'd turn it around.
Stoops has performed the impossible. In a sport often wholly determined by QB play, he has neglected to recruit QB's. The weakest position on the entire UK lineup is the black hole which is QB and there are no apparent signs of improvement in the chute. It's incredibly unforgivable and it should result in the loss of his job as we watch him going forward.

Good. Then stop "writing." You literally never shut up. 24/7/365 you flap those gums and chime in on everything. Other than merely to get under everyone's skin, I ask again why are you here. You're like that annoying and uninvited house guest who refuses to leave. They kick you out at Cat Paw or what?

You're the only one spewing nonsense. Do you post anything thats NOT about me?

Getting to 6-6 this year will be tougher than last year simply because the schedule is tougher.

Stoops has performed the impossible. In a sport often wholly determined by QB play, he has neglected to recruit QB's. The weakest position on the entire UK lineup is the black hole which is QB and there are no apparent signs of improvement in the chute. It's incredibly unforgivable and it should result in the loss of his job as we watch him going forward.

I'm sure he thought Towles would improve, and Barker is a highly rated QB thats had 2 games under his belt, might be a little early to give up on him wouldn't you say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT