ADVERTISEMENT

SEC continued...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure he thought Towles would improve, and Barker is a highly rated QB thats had 2 games under his belt, might be a little early to give up on him wouldn't you say?
Dude, I gave up on Stoops after Year One. Who are you talking to? All he has accomplished is verification. This QB situation is ludicrously negative. It sucks the competence out of the entire team. Jesus, last season it divided your clubhouse.

I don;t think you even understand what I'm talking about, ha ha.

You won't be convinced BP, no matter what I write.

To say the best player on a team is usually double and triple teamed, then say that Dupree didn't improve because his stats went down his last year proves my point.

I don't have to back up my opinion, it doesn't require it. Dupree was All SEC his last year, was drafted in the first round by the Steelers, who generally don't waste draft picks, he saw significant playing time as a rookie.

You don't want to give Stoops any credit, which is fine, I get it. Just don't act like you have to be sold on something that is blatantly obvious, you don't WANT to see it.
Well I guess if what you write is simply "because I said so" then I guess not. Your claim that he was double and triple teamed is dubious at best. I manage to watch 99% of Kentucky games that do not conflict with UofL - and even dvr some of the ones that do - and Dupree was simply not doubled or triple teamed because in a lot of instances, he made the wrong read and was out of position, so he didn't need to be. When a player is out of position - that is on the player to a certain extent but, is also a sign of poor coaching.

Michael Sam was the SEC defensive player of the year - as well as an All American but despite that, wasn't drafted high because he was short and slower than what the pros like for his position. If you don't (or don't want to) understand the difference of why some guys are drafted higher than others with similar - if not better - college careers, I'm not sure what to tell you. As for whether the Steelers wasted a draft pick - I guess time will tell on that.

You point to Dupree as one (are there others?) of Stupes' success stories at kentucky and I tell you that the stats and reality don't bear it out. It's not that I don't want to give Stupes credit, it's that I legitimately can't - if you want to give him credit where credit isn't due - well as a yut fan, that's your prerogative.

Getting to 6-6 this year will be tougher than last year simply because the schedule is tougher.
Quit recurgitating the Blue line. How is the schedule tougher? You have Alabama, Tenn., UofL and Florida. You lose to those teams every year anyway. Then you have your 3 non- conference dogs. Then you have your in Conference dogs: Vandy Missouri and S. Carolina + you are facing a rebuilding Miss State and Georgia. If Stoops can't win 6 against that schedule by year 4 they need to run him out of Lexington.

Dude, I gave up on Stoops after Year One. Who are you talking to? All he has accomplished is verification. This QB situation is ludicrously negative. It sucks the competence out of the entire team. Jesus, last season it divided your clubhouse.

I don;t think you even understand what I'm talking about, ha ha.

I'm pretty sure you didn't understand me, Barker has played 2 games it's a little early to give up on him.

I agree that the QB situation was handled poorly last year.

Well I guess if what you write is simply "because I said so" then I guess not. Your claim that he was double and triple teamed is dubious at best. I manage to watch 99% of Kentucky games that do not conflict with UofL - and even dvr some of the ones that do - and Dupree was simply not doubled or triple teamed because in a lot of instances, he made the wrong read and was out of position, so he didn't need to be. When a player is out of position - that is on the player to a certain extent but, is also a sign of poor coaching.

Michael Sam was the SEC defensive player of the year - as well as an All American but despite that, wasn't drafted high because he was short and slower than what the pros like for his position. If you don't (or don't want to) understand the difference of why some guys are drafted higher than others with similar - if not better - college careers, I'm not sure what to tell you. As for whether the Steelers wasted a draft pick - I guess time will tell on that.

You point to Dupree as one (are there others?) of Stupes' success stories at kentucky and I tell you that the stats and reality don't bear it out. It's not that I don't want to give Stupes credit, it's that I legitimately can't - if you want to give him credit where credit isn't due - well as a yut fan, that's your prerogative.

Well since you watch 99% of the games and all.

Look, Dupree was a force on defense his last year, and his years before. You give credit to whatever you want.

Like I said, you don't want to give Stoops credit, and nothing I write is going to change your mind.

Of course his athleticism helped him get drafted, but to act like that's the only reason is silly. He was all SEC his last year at UK.

How was the morning nap, Billy?

Seriously doh if ".....nothing [you] write is going to change [anyone's] mind" why don't you stop posting? Just a suggestion. Do you actually have a job or just "draw a check"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT