ADVERTISEMENT

SEC continued...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean damn. The SEC is a gawdawful basketball conference. One Sweet 16 participant who is there on a fluke and gets drilled with a week to prepare?

It's almost as if the players on every team except UK have a "can't wait for football attitude", much less the fans and administration. Weird, weird basketball conference fo sho.

I still think the 2 programs are close. Last years game changed when Boom Williams went down, much like it did for Louisville Jackson came in.
UK couldn't stop Jackson, Louisville couldn't stop Boom.
The fact of the matter is Louisvilles wins have been in a steady decline.
I stated last Summer on here that UK would go as far as Towles could take them, and I wasn't sure he had what it took between the ears. I was hopeful that he would grow as QB mentally, because he has the tools physically. He didn't, and Stoops stayed with him too long in my opinion.
I'll begin here with your irritating habit of false equivalencies - You are right - UK couldn't stop Jackson. But you are wrong about your one player who matters so much to you since he had a smidgeon of success running against UofL in the first quarter. Jackson gained almost 200 yards on the ground against you. Williams gained 39. Jackson averaged 10+ yds per carry, Boom averaged a bit over 5. UofL's defense was hugely vulnerable for a bit early and UK took full advantage. But the second quarter and second half adaptations turned into a modern horror show for UK. It was downhill for UofL, even trailing by 17 points, lol.

Your analysis of Towles is equally weird. Pretty much the entirety of UofL fans who follow the game figured Towles would make a great Div 3 QB.

You said it all when you said you were "hopeful" that Towles would somehow lead UK out of the wilderness of Suck they find themselves trapped inside. But the defense was also horrid, lol. The OLine of UK gave Fields a pass rush party in your football pants. The fact that Trevon Young and the rapidly improving Hearns didn't play was the single greatest stoke of good fortune you had that day.

The "trend" of UofL losing arcs is another Alice in Wonderland tale which corresponds with your "hopes" which you present as some "fact". You are not a football analyst - you are just another dork on your couch who probably never even played the game. Your analyses are rich with the fables your fan base cooks up. You collect them - they make good sense to you because they actually aren't worth arguing over - and they turn out to be simple rhetorical devices used to try and chip away at Louisville success and raise your team's amazingly inept profile to something more than blood spatter on the walls of after game analyses.

Having said all that, no matter how pathetic your reach might be, you do try real hard. I and the rest of us can at least understand effort. I think that is actually to your credit. Just realize how difficult it is to try and cut down our progress. Here - today, this week - you try your damndest to remind us how close the programs are - one a Top 20 team in the country, compared to last year's 70th ranked team who lost their QB and who will begin the season with a QB who started a total of two games, the last of which he was 2-12 for 13 yards in the second half of a rivalry game you needed to make a crappy bowl game. I don;t much care for your prospects, Bill. And what's worse - not many of us care except to play with a cockroach like a bored feline.

Please do explain how the UK football program is close to the Louisville football program?

1) Records?
2) Defensive Stats?
3) Bowl games?
4) Coaching?
5) NFL draft picks?
6) Player development?

The only thing that I can think of is offensive stats but that is only because Louisville had the youngest offense in the country. The other thing area where the program is close is SEC wins.

I know UK has more talent, they have to because of those recruiting rankings. Get back with us when you actually check you roster ranking today. You have lost a significant number of those stud recruits.

No there is no false equivalency Senore. UK had no answer for Jackson, but they also did squat on offense after Williams went out. Louisville had issues all season on stopping runneres that could get to the edge. When Williams went out, and Kemp also was injured that left Horton, who is a power back.

Without a threat from running, Louisville could pin their ears back on the QB,a QB in his second start. Thats it in a nutshell my friend, it's not complicated.

The entire Louisville fanbase did not say that about Towles, for crying out loud. You're spinning to try and prove a point. The kid has loads of talent, he just can't put it all together, and seems to panic in tight situations.

I don't try to tear down your program, you're just so insecure about it that you take everything defensively. I simply point out different points of view, and you can't bring yourself to agree with it simply because I'm a UK fan. You're so preconceived to attack that you can't have a rational discussion.

The 2 teams are not far apart, I understand thats hard for you to accept. We can discuss this on the football board when the summer is here.
The 2 teams are MILES apart. How do you come to the conclusion...not that far apart. 1 team is pre-season #21 and another is @ 58...

The 2 teams are MILES apart. How do you come to the conclusion...not that far apart. 1 team is pre-season #21 and another is @ 58...

The difference between the teams right now is you have a proven QB, and UK doesn't. Barker may turn out to be a bust, Jackson may get hurt or go into a lull where he gets yanked as the starter again.

UK didn't have a senior starting on offense last year.

Seriously, do you have a life? Or is your sole purpose to be a pest not unlike those annoying gnats that buzz around a dog's pecker? And there are many more differences than a "proven QB." First and foremost is coaching. Of course you're a bit too dense to see that which is right in front of you.

You are not a football analyst - you are just another dork on your couch who probably never even played the game. Your analyses are rich with the fables...

Having said all that, no matter how pathetic your reach might be, you do try real hard. I and the rest of us can at least understand effort.
Spot on analysis Senore - though it does remind me of someone else as well - lol.

Last edited:
Seriously, do you have a life? Or is your sole purpose to be a pest not unlike those annoying gnats that buzz around a dog's pecker? And there are many more differences than a "proven QB." First and foremost is coaching. Of course you're a bit too dense to see that which is right in front of you.

You're name calling only proves you're lack of an argument Jay.

Spot on analysis Senore - though it does remind of someone else as well - lol.

It's not spot on, it just favors the side you agree with.
Williams ran for 37 yds on 5 carries, scored a TD iand kept Louisvilles defense honest.
When he went out it completely altered UK's offense, and like I said allowed the defense to bull rush. You think it's just coincidence UK stopped moving the ball after his departure?

I'm not saying UK would've won if he hadn't of gotten hurt, UK still wouldn't have been able to stop Jackson. Although the offense likely wouldn't have grown completely inept, more importantly there wouldn't have been as many 3 and outs.

How many teams did Louisville beat last year that had a winning record, 2? It's not like you were a juggernaut.

After absolutely gifting you 21 pts it was 38-3 the rest of the way. But yeah the game was right there for the taking if only you'd had "Boom." Good lord you're awful! Back atcha Bill: How many teams with a winning record did the Cayuts beat? Answer: 1. Care to guess who that was? What conference they're in? What their record was? And here's a True/False: Said team fired its coach after the season?

But yeah you guys are right there with us. The streak is only 5 in a row. Which is a far cry from 30 in a row or 31 out of 32 or whatever it is those god-awful streaks are against your SEC East brethren, Tennessee and Florida. Someday you'll beat us Bill and you can say I told ya so. Won't be next year. it may not be 5 or 10 years from now but someday Bill. . . you'll have your moment. Til then we'll keep playing this same refrain: Bill appears warning us of what's to come, then reality sets in and he disappears only to reappear like the flowers in springtime. The bravado will reach its apex in August and then Bill will be gone again.

Last edited:
I know this is a basketball forum and I also know I'm on your board, so I will be respectful...

In recent years, yes UofL has dominated the series. Since the series was rejuvenated in 1994, the record is 8-14 in favor of the Cards. However, just in the past few years, UK went on a 4-0 run then UofL went on their 5-0 run. Regardless, the overall record is dead even at 14-14 with this year being the tie breaker year.

It's not spot on, it just favors the side you agree with.
Williams ran for 37 yds on 5 carries, scored a TD iand kept Louisvilles defense honest.
When he went out it completely altered UK's offense, and like I said allowed the defense to bull rush. You think it's just coincidence UK stopped moving the ball after his departure?

I'm not saying UK would've won if he hadn't of gotten hurt, UK still wouldn't have been able to stop Jackson. Although the offense likely wouldn't have grown completely inept, more importantly there wouldn't have been as many 3 and outs.

How many teams did Louisville beat last year that had a winning record, 2? It's not like you were a juggernaut.
Bill - it wasn't the critique of your analysis as much as it was the critique of you that I was referring to. Feel better?

I know this is a basketball forum and I also know I'm on your board, so I will be respectful...

In recent years, yes UofL has dominated the series. Since the series was rejuvenated in 1994, the record is 8-14 in favor of the Cards. However, just in the past few years, UK went on a 4-0 run then UofL went on their 5-0 run. Regardless, the overall record is dead even at 14-14 with this year being the tie breaker year.

That IS accurate. However, prior to UK's 4 year Kragthorpe inspired run, UofL had won 4 straight as well. Meaning, UofL has won 9 of the last 13 games. I understand you counting those 6 wins a century ago, just as CCNY likes to recount that classic 39 point win over UK in 1950, leaving CCNY undefeated all-time vs Kentucky.

Reactions: fredburgcard
If you want a simple stat showing that U of L football is superior to LPT football with all things considered, there's none better than Ron Cooper going 2-1 against them.

LPT Football: Yeah we hate that one.

(By the way, that's also the best one showing how bad a coach K-rag was...)

Yeah, I know history means nothing here. I should of just left that off. I didn't even mention it took seven games before UofL even scored a point against UK. But you're right, that was before either one of us were born.

63% in the last 28 years. Yes I acknowledged that, but before last years' game it was 50/50 the last 8 years which is recent history.

Pre-season polls don't mean that much.. Pre-season AP basketball poll had UK as #2 and UofL as #32. Neither of which was accurate.

Yeah, I know history means nothing here. I should of just left that off. I didn't even mention it took seven games before UofL even scored a point against UK. But you're right, that was before either one of us were born.
63% in the last 28 years. Yes I acknowledged that, but before last years' game it was 50/50 the last 8 years which is recent history.

True. You really should have known you would get called out on using a series record timeframe that starts AFTER we won 4 in a row. ;)

True. You really should have known you would get called out on using a series record timeframe that starts AFTER we won 4 in a row. ;)

In my first post I did mention that the series was 8-14 since the two schools started playing again in '94. And I also said UofL has dominated the series in recent years. Meant no disrespect with the last 8 years series reference.

In my first post I did mention that the series was 8-14 since the two schools started playing again in '94. And I also said UofL has dominated the series in recent years. Meant no disrespect with the last 8 years series reference.

Nah, none taken.

Pre-season polls don't mean that much.. Pre-season AP basketball poll had UK as #2 and UofL as #32. Neither of which was accurate.
Q. Why is it that recent history only includes the last 8 years?
A. Because including the 4 years before that, really makes yut fans sad...

NothinButNylon, UK did well under Bear Bryant, but does what happened during those years define their program? Not as much as what they've done since around when Star Wars: A New Hope came out in theaters.

Everyone in the country outside of Kentucky and half the people in it know UK is a punching bag and a laughingstock when it comes to football. Every dog has its day, but UK hasn't even been remotely competitive in at least 5 years. And that's the typical norm for your program, with very rare exceptions.

Q. Why is it that recent history only includes the last 8 years?
A. Because including the 4 years before that, really makes yut fans sad...

Doesn't make me sad one bit. I have a life outside of UK basketball and football. What makes me sad is someone dying without knowing Christ (a little off subject I know), not who wins a football or basketball game.

Reactions: rockycard and zipp
NothinButNylon, UK did well under Bear Bryant, but does what happened during those years define their program? Not as much as what they've done since around when Star Wars: A New Hope came out in theaters.

Everyone in the country outside of Kentucky and half the people in it know UK is a punching bag and a laughingstock when it comes to football. Every dog has its day, but UK hasn't even been remotely competitive in at least 5 years. And that's the typical norm for your program, with very rare exceptions.

You're right Mike. Can't argue with anything you said. Wish I could.

Doesn't make me sad one bit. I have a life outside of UK basketball and football. What makes me sad is someone dying without knowing Christ (a little off subject I know), not who wins a football or basketball game.
What a healthy attitude! Let me be the first to say, "Mazel Tov" to you...

After absolutely gifting you 21 pts it was 38-3 the rest of the way. But yeah the game was right there for the taking if only you'd had "Boom." Good lord you're awful! Back atcha Bill: How many teams with a winning record did the Cayuts beat? Answer: 1. Care to guess who that was? What conference they're in? What their record was? And here's a True/False: Said team fired its coach after the season?

But yeah you guys are right there with us. The streak is only 5 in a row. Which is a far cry from 30 in a row or 31 out of 32 or whatever it is those god-awful streaks are against your SEC East brethren, Tennessee and Florida. Someday you'll beat us Bill and you can say I told ya so. Won't be next year. it may not be 5 or 10 years from now but someday Bill. . . you'll have your moment. Til then we'll keep playing this same refrain: Bill appears warning us of what's to come, then reality sets in and he disappears only to reappear like the flowers in springtime. The bravado will reach its apex in August and then Bill will be gone again.

I didn't warn you of anything, I didn't even bring this topic up.
What UK has done in the SEC has nothing to do with the 2 programs, that's you're way of deflecting.

Football is a simple game offensively, you try and keep your opponent guessing, and then execute plays.
Louisville's weakness all season was speed rushers, that's what Boom is, with him in the game it kept your talented defense on its toes, that had to guess. Once he went down, and it was obvious Horton couldn't get the edge, it was all over.
Grant ham knew UK couldn't hurt them running, so Katy bar the door.
I didn't say UK would've won, but there wouldn't have been as many 3 and outs, the offense went anemic.

The difference between the teams right now is you have a proven QB, and UK doesn't. Barker may turn out to be a bust, Jackson may get hurt or go into a lull where he gets yanked as the starter again.

UK didn't have a senior starting on offense last year.
Barker has been in college 2 years- Jackson 1. The good news about UK's putrid offense : everyone is back The bad is : everyone is back.

And that says something, either your coaching staff is horrible, or Barker is....I say both

Hey, Stoops stayed with Towles WAY too long last year. He has a rocket for an arm, but can't hit a slant pass to save his life, not to mention the deer in headlights in crunch time.

Hey, Stoops stayed with Towles WAY too long last year. He has a rocket for an arm, but can't hit a slant pass to save his life, not to mention the deer in headlights in crunch time.

Yep if he'd just gone to Barker earlier you guys would've won the SEC. Barker was stellar when he got the chance. He lit us up. Good stuff Bill! Keep em coming!

In all seriousness Towles was awful and Barker was worse. You've got this football stuff down Bill

Yep if he'd just gone to Barker earlier you guys would've won the SEC. Barker was stellar when he got the chance. He lit us up. Good stuff Bill! Keep em coming!

In all seriousness Towles was awful and Barker was worse. You've got this football stuff down Bill

What the hell are you talking about? Do you get physically excited when you see me post?

You've got the stalking stuff down, why did you change your screen name?

Barker needed reps, it was obvious early in the season Towles hadn't grown mentally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT