ADVERTISEMENT

School Record - way to go Vince

No problem, I love talking about "Vince's" contributions. Esp. if knuckles is giving him full credit for everything going on now.

With the big game coming up tonite, here's a timely athletics accomplishment in men's basketball. The chart dates all the way back to Denny's 2nd championship which, if I've got my dates straight, is about the time "Vince' was masquerading as a slapd!ck baseball player. And which could have been good practice for him to someday impersonate an athletic director...

men-039-s-basketball-attendance-vs-capacity.jpg

Don’t worry Zipp...I’m not giving Vince full credit for anything. I do think he deserves some props for the fact that 4 of the 5 of these coaches were ones he hired despite dire predictions from a few select posters on here.

From Kelly Dickey:
With Volleyball making the NCAA Tournament, Louisville has had a school-record five Fall sports teams make the postseason:

Field Hockey
Football
Men's Soccer
Women's Soccer
Volleyball

I'm really enjoying the impact
From Kelly Dickey:
With Volleyball making the NCAA Tournament, Louisville has had a school-record five Fall sports teams make the postseason:

Field Hockey
Football
Men's Soccer
Women's Soccer
Volleyball

I'm loving the fact that we no longer have to worry about violations, sketchy deals and dirty coaches. I appreciate Jurich and some of the things he accomplished, but I'm glad to see professionalism and integrity being a priority when hiring coaches.

Vince is an obvious upgrade from my standpoint and I think hell make better inroads with our big donors and maintain better relationships as well.

...I'm loving the fact that we no longer have to worry about violations, sketchy deals and dirty coaches...
Absolutely. Variety is the spice of life. And now you get to worry about other things...

This graph is a little less user friendly, but I like it nonetheless because it reflects unparalleled accomplishment. The data points are how much equity we have left in athletics over and above buildings and equipment. At a personal level, it's analogous to owning a $100,000 house, a $20,000 bank account, and no debt. Your "liquid net worth" would be $20,000.

Which would currently be more than U of L athletics'... Thanks "Vince"!!

Equity-v-Fixed-Assets.jpg

Vince held everything together after it looked like it could get ugly with the clown show destroying everything in sight.

The money situation needs to improve, but after the settlements and buyouts it could get better.

It’s now on him to build what was before him.

Denny Crum made Louisville athletics a household name in the 1980’s. Howard our our football program on the map. Right after that we built a top notch football stadium.

Tom then came in and had to move forward. He made the tough choice to can Denny, but bring in Rick Pitino. He made smart football hires that got us moving up nationally. He got the donors to believe and commit big money to us. He put that money into all sports and top notch facilities. Got us a deal (like or hate) to play in the best basketball arena in the nation. And finally, a move to the ACC.

Now it’s on Vince to keep us moving. Mack and Scott were 2 big tests for hires, they look good so far. He has gotten the morale up after such rough times. Now keeping afloat was test one, he has to now take he baton and keep it moving. He’s don’t great thus far, now let’s see how his decisions will play out the next 5-10 years.

Don’t worry Zipp...I’m not giving Vince full credit for anything. I do think he deserves some props for the fact that 4 of the 5 of these coaches were ones he hired despite dire predictions from a few select posters on here.
I don't recall any "dire predictions". Considering how much money he's spent on new hires, I think most people should expect great things from these coaches.

What I do recall were assurances from clown show apologists that "Vince" wouldn't need to make a lotta new hires. Boy, was that a lotta hot air just two years ago! Or maybe it was "Vince's" personal goal to get as many of his own people into coaching and admin positions ASAP. If so, he's done another great job!...

Total-Coaching-Hires.jpg

No problem, I love talking about "Vince's" contributions. Esp. if knuckles is giving him full credit for everything going on now.

With the big game coming up tonite, here's a timely athletics accomplishment in men's basketball. The chart dates all the way back to Denny's 2nd championship which, if I've got my dates straight, is about the time "Vince' was masquerading as a slapd!ck baseball player. And which could have been good practice for him to someday impersonate an athletic director...

men-039-s-basketball-attendance-vs-capacity.jpg

Do you recall whether 1986 was before or after Rick Pitino accepted the Slapd!ck men’s basketball job? Was that after Vince’s Dad was winning an NIT championship for UofL? And when during that chronology did Howard Schnellenberger star for the slapd!cks as a tight end?

Maybe you can also tell us when Paul Rogers got his communications degree from slapd!ck U....

Do you recall whether 1986 was before or after Rick Pitino accepted the Slapd!ck men’s basketball job? Was that after Vince’s Dad was winning an NIT championship for UofL? And when during that chronology did Howard Schnellenberger star for the slapd!cks as a tight end?

Maybe you can also tell us when Paul Rogers got his communications degree from slapd!ck U....
Or was that before John Ramsey graduated from that school too! (He’s certainly not a Slappy)

Is there a point you wanna make about that? I didn't.

But on your point, I read a lotta people making that a big issue with BoT members. What's the difference?...

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda related, but back on topic...

This is perhaps my favorite of Vince's accomplishments so far because profitability really needs no explanation or interpretation. And I love those big Cardinal red bars that "Vince" has made possible the last two years. He's truly one of us now!...

Change-in-Net-Position-2019.jpg

I don't recall any "dire predictions". Considering how much money he's spent on new hires, I think most people should expect great things from these coaches.

What I do recall were assurances from clown show apologists that "Vince" wouldn't need to make a lotta new hires. Boy, was that a lotta hot air just two years ago! Or maybe it was "Vince's" personal goal to get as many of his own people into coaching and admin positions ASAP. If so, he's done another great job!...

Total-Coaching-Hires.jpg

Amongst other things you’ve been wrong about you predicted Walz and McDonnell would be gone. Anyways, we are all excited as Cards fans to be back on track! Cool graph by the way! You are one talented graph maker!!

Reactions: teamcanada
Amongst other things you’ve been wrong about you predicted Walz and McDonnell would be gone. Anyways, we are all excited as Cards fans to be back on track! Cool graph by the way! You are one talented graph maker!!
Appreciate the compliment! But I never predicted Walz and McDonnell would be gone. However, it should be noted that both guys have been in play during "Vince's" first two years, or rumored to be...

Last edited:
Appreciate the compliment! But I never predicted Walz and McDonnell would be gone. However, it should be noted that both guys have been in play during "Vince's" first two years, or rumored to be...

Sure you didn’t. More graphs!

Kinda related, but back on topic...

This is perhaps my favorite of Vince's accomplishments so far because profitability really needs no explanation or interpretation. And I love those big Cardinal red bars that "Vince" has made possible the last two years. He's truly one of us now!...

Change-in-Net-Position-2019.jpg

What I EXPECTED is what the graphs in this thread show, i.e., your AD doesn't have a clue what he's doing. Thanks for giving me this forum to present them...

He’s doing quite well. Cleaning up scandals and terrible contracts creates temporary financial burdens. We are fortunate to have such respectable and successful coaches. In particular I am happy that your prediction that Walz and McDonnell would leave has fallen flat on its face.

He’s doing quite well. Cleaning up scandals and terrible contracts creates temporary financial burdens. We are fortunate to have such respectable and successful coaches. In particular I am happy that your prediction that Walz and McDonnell would leave has fallen flat on its face.
Who face planted was "Vince" signing his #1 football coaching candidate.

And exactly how long is "temporary"??
That would certainly allow him to add something positive to this board!
10,071 likes, at last count, have been for SOMETHING "positive"... :cool:

Last edited:
I had to make an appearance since you'll evidently conclude something about me if I didn't... :p

You are predictable, however I am surprised you fed Knuckles on this one. The shoe is on the other foot what a change in circumstance!

I have no dog in the Vince fight. I couldn't pick him out in a police lineup, despite all the pictures you've shared.

See you over on the basketball board once the team starts struggling.

But until then....

Go get 'em in this thread. It ain't over till it's locked, you've provided enough graphs to say you win (maybe you have already) or the thread gets to a 3rd or 4th page and you and Ghost can take us down memory lane when you guys first met.

I think Knuckles is ready to dig in.

Reactions: PHCARD
You are predictable, however I am surprised you fed Knuckles on this one. The shoe is on the other foot what a change in circumstance!

I have no dog in the Vince fight. I couldn't pick him out in a police lineup, despite all the pictures you've shared.

See you over on the basketball board once the team starts struggling.

But until then....

Go get 'em in this thread. It ain't over till it's locked, you've provided enough graphs to say you win (maybe you have already) or the thread gets to a 3rd or 4th page and you and Ghost can take us down memory lane when you guys first met.

I think Knuckles is ready to dig in.
I'm gonna see if I have this right... If I don't slobber over the basketball team this year, I will have tucked tail in the shame of the many predictions of failure I've made for Mack.

Is that something close to the narrative you've assigned me before those threads get locked too?

Yeah, let's talk about "predictable"...

Men’s Basketball #1
Women’s Basketball #2
Men’s Swimming #9
Women’s Swimming #12

Thanks “Vince”

Who face planted was "Vince" signing his #1 football coaching candidate.

And exactly how long is "temporary"??

10,071 likes, at last count, have been for SOMETHING "positive"... :cool:
Why does it matter if Brohm didn’t want to come to Louisville? I understand stand if option 2 was a terrible hire but that isn’t the case is it. You are just being petty in finding things you don’t like about Vince.

Stick to the the financial stuff at least that is a legit concern. The coaches he has retained and brought in are not. Get over it he has made good decisions on many fronts.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Yes, stick to the financial stuff Zipp. That is after all the bottom line #1 issue of concern. How will Vince get folks in those seats at the Yum upper bowl for the rest of the season?

Were you able to buy on the floor for the Michigan game? Or did you find an empty seat again in the lower bowl?

What I EXPECTED is what the graphs in this thread show, i.e., your AD doesn't have a clue what he's doing. Thanks for giving me this forum to present them...

More than likely, Vince knows exactly what he’s doing, and you do not, which is why you pretend to play AD on a message board while Vince actually is one in real life.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT