ADVERTISEMENT

School Record - way to go Vince

While we are at it, thanks to whoever was responsible for us having the greatest facilities in the country. You can’t underestimate those and their impact.

Always said TJ was the best except he had two major flaws - blinding loyalty to a certain coach and contracts that didn’t properly mitigate university risk.

It's always great to give credit where credit is due. It's also nice when you realize there are somethings that just have to run their course. I will no longer live in that ugly world about my Cards. I will live in reality with Ws and Ls.

Reactions: gocds
He’s doing quite well. Cleaning up scandals and terrible contracts creates temporary financial burdens. We are fortunate to have such respectable and successful coaches. In particular I am happy that your prediction that Walz and McDonnell would leave has fallen flat on its face.

Let’s not forget his prediction that the KFC Yum Center would never be built and that Pitino would win his lawsuit against UofL.

I honestly cannot believe he’s on here busting Tyra’s chops about spending too much money on coaches, when he was also busting his chops about NOT getting into a bidding war with Purdue for Jeff Brohm. He should spend less or he should have spent more ... Which is it? According to zipp, it’s apparently both....

More than likely, Vince knows exactly what he’s doing, and you do not, which is why you pretend to play AD on a message board while Vince actually is one in real life.
We all know why "Vince" is one in real life. How many other AD jobs did he have a shot in hell at?...

That brings up a good point... Tyra is probably going to be in demand now, especially at struggling schools like Tennessee, USC, etc. We need to give him a raise!

That brings up a good point... Tyra is probably going to be in demand now, especially at struggling schools like Tennessee, USC, etc. We need to give him a raise!

Now you’re really asking for trouble. Oh goodness! :eek:

All my "In before the lock" comments aside. What is most worrisome about this site is the lack of posters and discussion despite one of the greatest rebuilding efforts of any sports program in college athletics history. Pretty much because of one poster who craps on any thread praising or highlighting any accomplishment of coaches or an AD hired in the last 3 years.

I don't pay to use this site, but I'd like to at least get some real sports knowledge from the time I spend reading posts from members like hopgood, pushup, kerry and knucle. If the administrators of this site continue to allow spite and arguments to replace real sporting insights and discussion then no one will ever pay to use it. Even the non paying members will look elsewhere for sports news.

Reactions: leon_lou
All my "In before the lock" comments aside. What is most worrisome about this site is the lack of posters and discussion despite one of the greatest rebuilding efforts of any sports program in college athletics history. Pretty much because of one poster who craps on any thread praising or highlighting any accomplishment of coaches or an AD hired in the last 3 years.

I don't pay to use this site, but I'd like to at least get some real sports knowledge from the time I spend reading posts from members like hopgood, pushup, kerry and knucle. If the administrators of this site continue to allow spite and arguments to replace real sporting insights and discussion then no one will ever pay to use it. Even the non paying members will look elsewhere for sports news.

Agree! I’ve tried many ways of getting the slam UofL posts to cease. Quite frankly I’m had enough. Slamming days are over. It used to be instigated by the rivals trash. The trolls are removed as quickly as possible today. It certainly doesn’t need all peachy talk because folks are going to need to speak frustration ex: Ky @$$ kicking.

So action plan is in process! This board will become a UofL board that Cards fans feel they can add in their thoughts and become a part of without being forced to filter through the same old negative BS.

You all are welcome to private message me any suggestions to help make this a better environment. TIA

Reactions: gocds and Mayoman
Let’s not forget his prediction that the KFC Yum Center would never be built and that Pitino would win his lawsuit against UofL.

Also his guarantee that both Enoch and Nwora were 100% gone after last year. He even was willing to put up his mortgage payment for that one.

Chevelle

If you dont like a certain poster put them on ignore.

You know the academic side has had a goal to devalue athletics at UofL for nearly 10 years. Maybe longer. Maybe he works for the University or knows someone on the Academic side.
The academic side is why UofL coaches are paid significantly less than other schools.

Everything is not going to be rah rah or perfect with Cards athletics.

Things do need to be questioned.
I like the healthy debates. He is mostly proven wrong, but he is a fan of UofL.

So, not trying to tell you what to do.
However if you cant stomachs hom, put him on ignore.

Ive been on this site since 2000. People on here have put me on ignore. Ive put people on ignore.
Everyone has opinions i may disagree but are welcome. No one will ever agree with everything.

Were all Cards fans.

Also his guarantee that both Enoch and Nwora were 100% gone after last year. He even was willing to put up his mortgage payment for that one.
One thing I've learned in life is you can't predict irrational behavior. Both guys think they can improve their draft stock as 21-22 year olds. We'll see. Playing on a national championship team won't hurt.

ESPN just updated their 2020 mock draft... On it, Nwora's still early 2nd round and Enoch is undrafted. Both guys need help or to help themselves...

As I frequently remind people...
images

I have him on ignore. The problem is he is so toxic people stop posting period to avoid the repetitive argument. Or move to another board.

I enjoy the real sports debates. Why did coach do this? discussion. On what other board would congratulating a coach or AD for performance be seen by so many as triggering one crazy fan of the university.

One thing I've learned in life is you can't predict irrational behavior. Both guys think they can improve their draft stock as 21-22 year olds. We'll see. Playing on a national championship team won't hurt.

ESPN just updated their 2020 mock draft... On it, Nwora's still early 2nd round and Enoch is undrafted. Both guys need help or to help themselves...

Nba daft net

Has Nwora going #22, Enoch going #24. And thats just in December.

By the time May rolls around, Nwora should be a lottery pick and Enoch close to being a lottery pick.

"Vince" covers all of the bases except for money. Strangely...

"Vince" covers all of the bases except for money. Strangely...

Doesnt the ULAA and the BOT have oversight and final approval of any monies Athletic Director Tyra plans to spend ??

Your anger is displaced.

Well I’ll tell you at least one thing you’ve never learned, a little humility.

Anger? Is that what this emoji means? :p

But oversight ain't the issue... It should be about recognizing what you're doing, what you're responsible for, and having a plan. I think "Vince" is smart enough to know where he's coming up short. He just doesn't have a clue how to get there and probably blames the wrong things like some here do.

We'll all find out eventually because you can only ignore the elephant in the room for so long...

Net-Position-2019.jpg

Mr. Graph-man, can you add a secondary axis that shows contract buyouts? I’ve also asked for a secondary axis that shows scandals.

Mr. Graph-man, can you add a secondary axis that shows contract buyouts? I’ve also asked for a secondary axis that shows scandals.
The vertical vector on the red part of that line is >$30 million over two years. You honestly believe we've spent that much on contract buyouts since late 2017?

And even if you did believe that, it doesn't matter. It's "Vince's" job to cover those expenses, not ignore them or as he will eventually do--and you're doing now--make excuses for them.

I assure everyone, "Vince" will accept more donations and season ticket renewals to pay them. That's his problem...

“ You honestly believe we've spent that much on contract buyouts since late 2017?”

No, I don’ t believe that. But it is a significant portion just as scandals are an important piece of our recent past. Seems like they should be included Graph-man.

Scandals are in the past. If you're giving "Vince" credit for athletics accomplishments today that he had little or nothing to do with, he doesn't get a pass for anything that's happened in the past.

The apologists must choose...

Weird. You posted a graph that contains data points since 2004.

And just for reference, “Vince” hired 4 of the 5 fall sports coaches so he’s had more than “little to nothing” with their success. Coaching is fairly important in collegiate athletics.

Weird. You posted a graph that contains data points since 2004.

And just for reference, “Vince” hired 4 of the 5 fall sports coaches so he’s had more than “little to nothing” with their success. Coaching is fairly important in collegiate athletics.
Those coaches are in sports like soccer and volleyball that "Vince" had nothing to do with prior to 2018.

If you're giving him total credit for the performance of those programs now, he gets total responsibility for the state of U of L athletics overall. Can't have it both ways.

What scandal?...

Those coaches are in sports like soccer and volleyball that "Vince" had nothing to do with prior to 2018.

If you're giving him total credit for the performance of those programs now, he gets total responsibility for the state of U of L athletics overall. Can't have it both ways.

What scandal?...

I’m not giving him “total credit” for anything. To do so would be unreasonable. Clearly the facilities, conference affiliation, groundwork were already in place. Perhaps you can try to not be unreasonable as well.

Reactions: PHCARD
I’m not giving him “total credit” for anything. To do so would be unreasonable. Clearly the facilities, conference affiliation, groundwork were already in place. Perhaps you can try to not be unreasonable as well.
I'm not being unreasonable about anything. Your header didn't attribute anything beyond "way to go 'Vince'." Maybe you need to be more careful when posting.

And speaking of people who "Vince" signed to new contracts, Ken Lolla was one of them. That's what I mean by fake accomplishment. It means little...

I'm not being unreasonable about anything. Your header didn't attribute anything beyond "way to go 'Vince'." Maybe you need to be more careful when posting.

And speaking of people who "Vince" signed to new contracts, Ken Lolla was one of them. That's what I mean by fake accomplishment. It means little...

You are being unreasonable about plenty. And if you can’t see the sarcastic nature of my original post then that shows your blinders are on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT