ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue 42 Nebraska 28

After today's beatdown of Nebraska, ESPN (FPI) has Purdue's record by the end of the season UNCHANGED at 4 wins and 8 losses.

Let's offer him $6 million for ten years, and Tyra can transfer the money from the Foundation...

After today's beatdown of Nebraska, ESPN (FPI) has Purdue's record by the end of the season UNCHANGED at 4 wins and 8 losses.

Let's offer him $6 million for ten years, and Tyra can transfer the money from the Foundation...

Just as i thought.
You have no defense of washed up Petrino, but want to throw shade at Brohm.

Guess who else WAS projected to finish 4-8- UofL. The Cards were poses to beat FSU.
Had them all but beat but youre 'hero' acts like a 1st yr coach. Not the 15 yr, 5 million dollar coach he's paid for.

You hid for that tepid response ? LoL

Reactions: wilkie01

That same “FPI” had us going 8-4, this is what you are choosing to make a point? Lol

You have to wait until the season plays out. If U of L has a better record at the end of the year than Purdue, would we still want to make that change? People were so quick to call for Bobby’s head because of some offseason chatter that he is on the hot seat. We haven’t had a season with less than 8 wins in the 4 years he’s been here. 1 mediocre season every 5 years is going to happen at U of L. We aren’t Alabama. We aren’t Clemson. No reason to fire a guy midseason when all he has delivered you is a winning program in a power 5 conference up to this point. I really don’t understand why people feel so entitled to be as good as Alabama or Clemson on this board. If you make a coaching change every 5 years because you don’t win a national title, you aren’t going to have the stability to actually build a program.

You have to wait until the season plays out. If U of L has a better record at the end of the year than Purdue, would we still want to make that change? People were so quick to call for Bobby’s head because of some offseason chatter that he is on the hot seat. We haven’t had a season with less than 8 wins in the 4 years he’s been here. 1 mediocre season every 5 years is going to happen at U of L. We aren’t Alabama. We aren’t Clemson. No reason to fire a guy midseason when all he has delivered you is a winning program in a power 5 conference up to this point. I really don’t understand why people feel so entitled to be as good as Alabama or Clemson on this board. If you make a coaching change every 5 years because you don’t win a national title, you aren’t going to have the stability to actually build a program.

Petrino is NOT DEVELOPING players to their highest levels.

Pass has been in the system 3 years and that looked liked his first game ever. Missing wide open receivers. The worst part is he hesitates before throwing the ball. The ball should be out of his hand way sooner.

So yes. Even if they finish with 6 or 7 wins.
Make a bowl, its time for Brohm to take them to the NEXT level.

Georgia LSU, Auburn all did it.
Were not in the ACC to wear the damn patch. Were in the conference to win it.
Petrino refuses to coach at that level

Actually, Clemson wasn’t Clemson until Dabo got there. Other than Danny Fords NC they were mediocre for years. Bama has had a number of mediocre ( for them) years pre-Saban. USC, Tennessee, Nebraska, Michigan, it happens even to the legendary programs; and we ain’t legendary- yet.

Petrino is NOT DEVELOPING players to their highest levels.

Pass has been in the system 3 years and that looked liked his first game ever. Missing wide open receivers. The worst part is he hesitates before throwing the ball. The ball should be out of his hand way sooner.

So yes. Even if they finish with 6 or 7 wins.
Make a bowl, its time for Brohm to take them to the NEXT level.

Georgia LSU, Auburn all did it.
Were not in the ACC to wear the damn patch. Were in the conference to win it.
Petrino refuses to coach at that level
We have no where close to the history or money of those programs when it comes to football. Have these teams been shelling out 4 million plus a year for a round ball coach? They really couldn’t care less about round ball. If you’re willing to give up round ball (I would do it for a football title) then let’s go out and get Brent Venables.

...Guess who else WAS projected to finish 4-8- UofL...
That same “FPI” had us going 8-4, this is what you are choosing to make a point? Lol
So you trade a coach of a losing program for a similar one, and that makes you feel better?

Pay the next guy $5 million ON TOP OF the $4 mil Petrino's making? And exactly how does Fanboy come up with that $9 million, oh yeah, plus the $4 mil he's (over)paying Chris Mack? And while ticket revenue is declining double digit percentages in both revenue sports?

Some of you guys fly around on a cloud. I guess it's the same one Tyra lives on...

Reactions: PHCARD
So you trade a coach of a losing program for a similar one, and that makes you feel better?

Pay the next guy $5 million ON TOP OF the $4 mil Petrino's making? And exactly how does Fanboy come up with that $9 million, oh yeah, plus the $4 mil he's (over)paying Chris Mack? And while ticket revenue is declining double digit percentages in both revenue sports?

Some of you guys fly around on a cloud. I guess it's the same one Tyra lives on...

The Cards are in the ACC, not AAC.
They need to act like it or go back to the AAC.

Money will be there. Besides with your usual, twisted logic youll credit any of Brohms success to Petrino.

And when Chris Mack brings Louisville its THIRD TITLE, within the next 5 years, you wont be saying he's overpaid.

Carryon with your anti-Louisville agenda.

The Cards are in the ACC, not AAC.
They need to act like it or go back to the AAC.

Money will be there...
Unless I missed it, that's not a direct answer to my my money question.

And you playing the fan card always cracks me up. Thanks!

Unless I missed it, that's not a direct answer to my my money question.

And you playing the fan card always cracks me up. Thanks!

Thats what US Louisville fans do. Have and DEMAND certain expectations for the program.

Youre butthurt because Jurich is gone.
Jurich rehired the idiot and gave him an undeserved contract and buyout.
His buyout should have been .50 cents.
Thats the worth of his coaching lately AND your post-University of Jurich fanboy.......

When Petrino finishes the season 2-10. What should we do then? Do we keep him? It really seems like you are okay with the football program going in the toilet. Something tells me you wont be so forgiving any time the bball team loses.

When Petrino finishes the season 2-10. What should we do then? Do we keep him? It really seems like you are okay with the football program going in the toilet. Something tells me you wont be so forgiving any time the bball team loses.
You can't afford to ditch either coach. As big as Petrino's buyout is, Mack's is a lot bigger. And so far, the clowns have done a good job at reversing the flow of money to the University.

The only reason you're not already in more hurt is because Pitino hasn't won his lawsuit (yet) to get the money he's owed. Don't forget that when you're contemplating how rosy the future is...

Thats what US Louisville fans do. Have and DEMAND certain expectations for the program.

Youre butthurt because Jurich is gone.
Jurich rehired the idiot and gave him an undeserved contract and buyout.
His buyout should have been .50 cents.
Thats the worth of his coaching lately AND your post-University of Jurich fanboy.......
Unless you have money, you're not "demanding" anything.

And Jurich is gone--not quite sure why you keep bringing him up. I'm willing to let these guys manage the problems they have. Thus far, they're doing a wonderful job...

parade%20of%20fools%2002_zpst8nl9j0b.jpg

You can't afford to ditch either coach. As big as Petrino's buyout is, Mack's is a lot bigger. And so far, the clowns have done a good job at reversing the flow of money to the University.

The only reason you're not already in more hurt is because Pitino hasn't won his lawsuit (yet) to get the money he's owed. Don't forget that when you're contemplating how rosy the future is...

What does Mack's buyout have to do with this? Unlike you I don't think (praying with a Chris Mack voodoo doll) that he is going to fail. Considering Pitino went through two scandals its possible he loses the lawsuit. Its going to settle more than likely with an amount that is a lot lower than he is suing for.

Speaking of Pitino’s lawsuit, it may help him that there were no charges and no finding of wrongdoing by UL or UL coaches by the FBI. OTOH, there is plenty to support firing for cause. It’s not a slam dunk for Rick. My worry is that the NCAA, thinking they have a milquetoast in Louisville, will come after us for some bogus reason just to flex their muscles. If we bend over again, shame on us. If we lawyer up and fight, that’s where the real cost will come.

What does Mack's buyout have to do with this? Unlike you I don't think (praying with a Chris Mack voodoo doll) that he is going to fail. Considering Pitino went through two scandals its possible he loses the lawsuit. Its going to settle more than likely with an amount that is a lot lower than he is suing for.
YOU brought up the point when basketball losses start coming in. I merely pointed out the consequences of basketball failure vs. football--far greater. You read into that whatever agenda you want, naturally.

It's gonna cost U of L money just to defend the lawsuit, win or lose. I also agree that it will probably settle. But it's a $40 million risk, and that won't go away for nickels and dimes. And it will result in yet more money drained from U of L that we don't have...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT