ADVERTISEMENT

Onuaku appears to be the key to this team

Ipartiedwithhopgood

Five-Star Poster
Jan 20, 2011
I know with UofL basketball there is a system that needs all of it's parts. I'm also aware we've seen two ball games against scrubs.

That said, it really feels to me like Onuaku is the anchor of this team, and the one guy that we are going to need the most.

His attitude really looks right, and again of course it's easy for it to look that way when we're blowing out stiffs.

But the quotes from Rick, and just what I'm seeing out there. He is getting after it, he's thinking team, and he's not trying to do anything out of his reach.

When we go up against legit competition, we're going to need his rebounding and defense. We're also going to need a little bit of offense from him and he really does appear to be improved around the basket.

Again, against scrubs.

I just like what I'm sniffing here with him.

It is encouraging that he is scoring some buckets, even against scrubs. However I think most would agree that they would rather see him scoring and putting up some good numbers against scrubs than struggling in those games.

It does feel like Onuaku is the key, but I also feel the 2 senior transfers are just as important as he is. If this team loses any of those 3 to injury, the season could turn ugly in a hurry. Lets hope everyone stays healthy because I think this team could become special before the NCAA tourney rolls around.

Against teams like MSU and UK, he's going to have to go up stronger. But his timing is excellent and his shot has become very accurate. Then there is also the issue that he has become far more aggressive and skilled on offense in general. He makes terrific passes.

I think Lee is the "key" to our season. Feed the studs.

I agree with Cue about the transfers along with snider. They need to continue to play within themselves and CRP's system and be facilitators as well as scorers. Get the ball to the bigs where they can finish. Onuaku will get tested on his foul shooting ability.

Onuaku is the best player of our front court, but the season hinges on the front court as a group...we need to see Johnson continue his impressive play along side Onuaku...I'm impressed with the play so far out of this bunch, it definitely has been a pleasant surprise for me...though many have posted on this groups potential I just didn't see it, until I saw it.

I wish the biggs had more weight on them after seeing what they have to go against with Michigan State, Duke and North Carolina. Hope all the scrub games make a difference in helping get the experience and confidence before all the big boy games

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT