ADVERTISEMENT

Only three...

ShortCreek

Three-Star Poster
Jul 17, 2008
IMO there should only be three guys invited back off of this team: Curry, Ellis and Wheeler.

Reactions: Deeva
I think this team is lacking 2 superstars those go to guys. This is definitely a blue collar team but if you added 2 5* players to this roster this team could be really good. Of course you would have to add a good coach to do his part as well. When I look at Duke they are mainly relying on 1 guy to be there in the crunch. There are a lot of teams in the same situation as Duke.

It will be a complete overhaul as it should be. I am not going to care if they lose anyone. There is nothing these guys do that some else couldn’t do.

My preference would be Ellis/James/Wheeler/Curry. Keep Lands and King.
Dre Davis if he is OK with being a role player. Hopefully his brother stays as well.

Go find a legit PG and SG. Not great but things guys have the athletic ability to play at this level.

It will be a complete overhaul as it should be. I am not going to care if they lose anyone. There is nothing these guys do that some else couldn’t do.

Dre Davis if he is OK with being a role player. Hopefully his brother stays as well.

Go find a legit PG and SG. Not great but things guys have the athletic ability to play at this level.
I was referring to the current roster, not incoming kids. Forgot about James, yes would like to see him stay. If the Davis kid coming in is indeed much better than Dre I guess you keep Dre to get the brother. But a total makeover is needed.

I don't know who stays and who goes, but, as you said, this team needs a complete overhaul

Peace

I was referring to the current roster, not incoming kids. Forgot about James, yes would like to see him stay. If the Davis kid coming in is indeed much better than Dre I guess you keep Dre to get the brother. But a total makeover is needed.

The best thing about basketball if you know what you are doing and get players the turn around can be quick. The challenge will be getting players.

What I find very interesting with former players or NBA stars is how very few of them were supported by the basketball community. How does Patrick Ewing, Chris Mullins, Jerry Stackhouse, and Danny Manning not get players?

It is odd. That is my main concern with Payne. Will his basketball network support him with players? Will Milt and Ellison help him immediately? Will others continue to support him long term. History is not on his side.

I dont like Ellis' decision making. Id let him go.

I'd keep Curry, Wheeler and Whithers.
James and the incoming freshman.

I dont like Ellis' decision making. Id let him go.

I'd keep Curry, Wheeler and Whithers.
James and the incoming freshman.
I agree on Ellis decision making he is a SG not a PG, but his upside is pretty high. Not Russ Smith high but he can get buckets. Can’t guard a sole though.

Withers may never get better here is why. He is a 5 skill wise but physically he is a stretch 4. It is a conundrum. He can’t shoot, handle and isn’t a freak athletically. He is a disaster as a stretch 4. His shot is broken and his handle is bad. Even worse is he doesn’t know how/when to use his handle to create space. Same with Sam.

Literally we can find more negatives than positives with every player. Curry and Wheeler can’t guard anyone. However I think that can be fixed with coaching.

It really is a collection of misfit toys.

I look at this from the other way. The question is actually, "How many of these guys want to come back?"

We are 12-18.

With a new staff and an NCAA ban potential who knows who will be coming and going?

We may have 2 guys want to return in a few weeks, and those 2 may not be the ones we hoped for.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT