ADVERTISEMENT

Official. Jurich fired.

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
I get it, kind of. He was loyal to a coach who endured multiple issues. In the end, this will turn out to be a mistake.

Reactions: CardMonarch
This impacts the appeal. This will impact Petrino. It's going to be an uneasy transition.

Guys.....it is going to be a rough few years in all sports. In the end it will hopefully payoff.

I would bet anything Petrino will be gone after this year...maybe South Carolina.

Will Jurich and Pitino be able to go to other schools?

Really is a sad day to be a Card fan.

This impacts the appeal. This will impact Petrino. It's going to be an uneasy transition.
Of course it does. I wouldn't be surprised if the university withdraws the appeal and coach Petrino decides it's time to move on too. Coach McDonnel too for that matter.

Of course it does. I wouldn't be surprised if the university withdraws the appeal and coach Petrino decides it's time to move on too. Coach McDonnel too for that matter.

McDonnell is making 7 figures. He's not leaving. Petrino likely gone once new AD gets hired.

If the standard for firing someone is that TJ was in charge of Pitino well, Postel was in charge of him and Grissom was in charge of all of it when this occurred. Scorched earth - they all go

Well you can mark this down as (likely) the "High Water Mark" for U of L from an athletics prospective. There will not be a full recovery in my estimation, too much damage will be done by the end (BB is only a fraction of that, I think it will recover modestly). What he was able to do with what he had was transcendent in many regards. A true visionary of his time in how to build an AD. Given TJ still wants to AD, some school somewhere just started an upward climb.

In the end a decision by a President I consider unsuitable for the position and with the support, I would assume, of a Governor with questionable motives (my opinion) on the betterment of UoL will cost Kentucky residents/taxpayers a lot of money on trying to recover on the negative economic impact from this.

If the standard for firing someone is that TJ was in charge of Pitino well, Postel was in charge of him and Grissom was in charge of all of it when this occurred. Scorched earth - they all go

There were rumors the new BOT wanted to clean house prior to yesterday's bombshell. Postel just did their dirty work for them. Not sure if that means he gets the gig full time now or what. TBD.

Oh, wow! As the story goes, Jurich was asked to fire Pitino. He refused. Then got fired.

Well not only in charge of CRP but fully supportive. I think U of L wanted to fire CRP after the strippers but Jurich refused. He put his reputation on the line by doing so.

Oh, wow! As the story goes, Jurich was asked to fire Pitino. He refused. Then got fired.

Given true...that's why I love TJ and will support him wherever he goes. He holds to the last, never flinching on those he supports. Postel should have gone to the board per Pitino's contract and handled it accordingly. TJ literally CAN'T Fire him. Postel is such a freaking idiot.

The thing is that the prior administration basically allowed the athletic dept to run as it's own fiefdom. That works great when things are going great, but when things turn South then be ready for the consequences.

I'm not a U of L fan by any means but remember back to the ordeal UK went through in the 80's. I was just a kid but remember that I thought it was the worse thing in the world. I hope that cleaning house will get you some leniency with the NCAA.

There were rumors the new BOT wanted to clean house prior to yesterday's bombshell. Postel just did their dirty work for them. Not sure if that means he gets the gig full time now or what. TBD.
New BOT my ass - one guy.

David Grissom.

Given true...that's why I love TJ and will support him wherever he goes. He holds to the last, never flinching on those he supports. Postel should have gone to the board per Pitino's contract and handled it accordingly. TJ literally CAN'T Fire him. Postel is such a freaking idiot.
What? CRP works for Tom Jurich. He's the only one that should fire him.

What? CRP works for Tom Jurich. He's the only one that should fire him.

See his (RP) contract, TJ can't fire him. He can relieve him of duties (and perhaps that's what he was asked to do). It has to go to the board or a subcommittee therein and he (RP) has to be given 10 days notice and allowed to present evidence. There is no "Hey You're Fired" that would constitute Breach of Contract.

Hold the phone. Phillip Bailey of the CJ says Jurich hasn't been fired, per UofL spokesman. Details to follow.

Reactions: CUTigerfan32
In a strange way, it feels refreshing to start over. Too much crap with men's bball. Pitino had rogue assistants but he is the one who hired them and is ultimately responsible for their actions. I wonder if the whole bball staff is cleared out? Who will be the interim head coach?

Hold the phone. Phillip Bailey of the CJ says Jurich hasn't been fired, per UofL spokesman. Details to follow.
The only way Jurich should be fired is if he told Postel that if Pitino goes then he goes and I can't believe he would do that.

Sure hope Tom doesn't lose his job for hurting someone's fragile ego

Semantics. Whether he was fired, relieved of duties, forced to resign... Jurich is out as AD according to ESPN. News conference at 1 pm.

In a strange way, it feels refreshing to start over. Too much crap with men's bball. Pitino had rogue assistants but he is the one who hired them and is ultimately responsible for their actions. I wonder if the whole bball staff is cleared out? Who will be the interim head coach?
I feel a little bit the same way. As far as a possible replacement, Tom Crean's name was brought up. Please don't shoot the messenger...

Chance for Jurich to stay based on presser. Might be a slim chance but, that's better than nothing. Here's hoping cooler heads will prevail over the next days and weeks. The last thing needed is some unproven interim AD guiding the ship through this

Chance for Jurich to stay based on presser. Might be a slim chance but, that's better than nothing. Here's hoping cooler heads will prevail over the next days and weeks. The last thing needed is some unproven interim AD guiding the ship through this

Jurich has to many enemies ( namely punk ass Schnatter)

Besides, next President might want his own AD.

Just clean everyone out.

Juruch was great , however its time for him to go.

Paid administrative leave.

I would say this is about as much of a nod as anything from Postel/BoT on what TJ has done for the University (along with a blatant PR move to not have the floodgates completely thrown open with a mass talent exodus). Essentially getting paid to get your resume ready, catch up with your friends/colleges, and prepare for the next opportunity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT