ADVERTISEMENT

Official. Jurich fired.

1:00pm press conference. As of this moment Pitino is on unpaid administrative leave and Jurich is on paid administrative. So this means they are negotiating separation pay. Interim AD and interim head basketball coach announcement to still come. President and chairman of the board are very angry about this.

Pitino is "effectively" fired. He's on unpaid administrative leave because his contract says he supposed to get 10 days notice and be able to make a formal response.

Jurich has to many enemies ( namely punk ass Schnatter)

Besides, next President might want his own AD.

Just clean everyone out.

Juruch was great , however its time for him to go.
Schnatter isn’t involved in any way - this is way above his pay grade. This is all David Grissom flying solo - that’s how much juice he has.

Someone said that it’s “not Jurich U”. Absolutely right - it’s Grissom U.

Of course it does. I wouldn't be surprised if the university withdraws the appeal and coach Petrino decides it's time to move on too. Coach McDonnel too for that matter.

McDonnell is making 7 figures. He's not leaving. Petrino likely gone once new AD gets hired.

Do you think we’re the only ones that will pay 7 figures? And watch how Postel starts restricting salaries. There will be a seismic change at UL. These coaches have made it clear they were here because of Jurich.

Do you think we’re the only ones that will pay 7 figures? And watch how Postel starts restricting salaries. There will be a seismic change at UL. These coaches have made it clear they were here because of Jurich.

There aren't many, if any, AD's paying their baseball coach seven figures.

What a joke.

TJ's loyalty is his strongest asset. It may of cost him but I'd rather have a guy like that than one that cowers to public opinion.
I hate to use this as an example but in some regards it does apply. What was Coach Paterno really guilty of? Being loyal to his asst coach and friend, although he wasn't as supportive as Jurich to Pitino, Paterno did nothing about it and ended up serving the same purpose. Before you lecture me about the differences, just stop and think. CRP has committed adultery (personal), allowed prostitutes to access young men (self denial) and now allowed representatives of his coaching staff to bribe a player to come to U of L. Deny all you want but how can you place that loyalty over what you are employed to do which is maintain the highest integrity of a public institution of learning?

Worst attempt at equivocation in the history of the internet. Loyalty to a child molester isn’t in the same universe as what is going on with UofL.

Reactions: Cue Card
Worst attempt at equivocation in the history of the internet. Loyalty to a child molester isn’t in the same universe as what is going on with UofL.
You got it wrong. I'm talking about Paterno not Sandusky. I said there some similarities as far as being loyal to a fault. I don't think anyone should be saying that child molestation is lot worse than adultery or prostitution or even bribery and fraud. They're all bad! Jurich placed all that over the Integrity of the University he was employed at because why? Friendship or wins?

You got it wrong. I'm talking about Paterno not Sandusky. I said there some similarities as far as being loyal to a fault. I don't think anyone should be saying that child molestation is lot worse than adultery or prostitution or even bribery and fraud. They're all bad! Jurich placed all that over the Integrity of the University he was employed at because why? Friendship or wins?
I knew who you were talking about.

I knew who you were talking about.
I know you'll disagree with this but if Katrina's daughter was underage wasn't she a victim of child molestation? We are all assuming that she did it willingly when in reality she was coerced by her mother. I know that you can't see her as a victim and you'll respond by saying what did Pitino and Jurich have to do with it, but the prostitution went on and Jurich supported it by not firing Pitino.

Anyway we all can disagree and I think as U of L fans we're not sure of anything. The best thing we can do is hope that we have a new beginning and we get through this as fans of the University of Louisville.

I know you'll disagree with this but if Katrina's daughter was underage wasn't she a victim of child molestation? We are all assuming that she did it willingly when in reality she was coerced by her mother. I know that you can't see her as a victim and you'll respond by saying what did Pitino and Jurich have to do with it, but the prostitution went on and Jurich supported it by not firing Pitino.

Anyway we all can disagree and I think as U of L fans we're not sure of anything. The best thing we can do is hope that we have a new beginning and we get through this as fans of the University of Louisville.
I guess it depends on whether she had sex with someone who wasn’t themselves another minor - then she be a victim of statutory rape and felonious bad parenting.

That said, we’re getting really into the weeds on this for nothing. I’ll agree with you on one thing though - at this point none of us can be sure of anything we thought was true previously.

Reactions: nccardfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT