ADVERTISEMENT

Not only is Coach Satterfield in line with winning ACC COY

He could very well be National Coach of the year !

Most fans, prognosticators, bettors predicted UofL to win 4 games this season.

WELL LET ME TELL YA SUMTHIN BROTHER !
THE CARDS HAVE WON 4 GAMES
AND HAVE SIX TO GO !!!!!!!!!!

GO CARDS!
Clemson time. This is where we find out where we truly are.

I’ve already said Satterfield was the homerun hire that best fitted personality of our program. He truly is one of the best in the games at taking 3 stars and fitting them to a scheme built for speed and scoring.

Let’s get to work!

Clemson is not a measuring stick. It is a mismatch. The answer to the season lies in Virginia, Syracuse, NC State, Kentucky, and Miami.
That's right. Clemson is light years ahead of our program today. We're all excited about this team but we don't have the depth to handle Clemson. I'm sure the kids will come out and play hard, but talent and depth will win the game for the Tigers IMO.

Clemson is not a measuring stick. It is a mismatch. The answer to the season lies in Virginia, Syracuse, NC State, Kentucky, and Miami.
The answer to winning the conference and getting a playoff berth lies with Clemson. Maybe not this year, but down the road soon. Yes, I dream big. Not thinking like UK!

Reactions: PushupMan
That's right. Clemson is light years ahead of our program today. We're all excited about this team but we don't have the depth to handle Clemson. I'm sure the kids will come out and play hard, but talent and depth will win the game for the Tigers IMO.
I didn’t say win. But who knows. It’s not impossible. Hell, some predicted just 3 to 4 wins this year with zero likelihood of a top 20 win on the road.

Reactions: Cue Card
I didn’t say win. But who knows. It’s not impossible. Hell, some predicted just 3 to 4 wins this year with zero likelihood of a top 20 win on the road.
I have no doubts we'll compete. There won't be any scoreboard looking or concerns. The score won't matter. These kids play for each other and for the coaches AND they play for US, the fans. The football culture has changed at the University of Louisville, and future recruits will quickly see it and want to be a part of it. We got to keep this coaching staff in tact though which means they got to get paid.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
I have no doubts we'll compete. There won't be any scoreboard looking or concerns. The score won't matter. These kids play for each other and for the coaches AND they play for US, the fans. The football culture has changed at the University of Louisville, and future recruits will quickly see it and want to be a part of it. We got to keep this coaching staff in tact though which means they got to get paid.
I agree I am not going to be upset or overly happy with a loss to Clemson. I believe they will play hard and compete. The score won't really change that belief. I believe the team will continue to improve.

The one thing I will be looking at is how does this offense play against the number 4 ranked defense? If they move the ball and score 21 to 24 points then I like our chances against the remaining schedule. The defensive numbers aren't good but they have faced really good offenses. Notre Dame, BC, Clemson, Wake and to some extent FSU are really good. After Clemson they don't face another offensive team ranked in top 60 in total offense. However, Virginia and Miami are top 20 defenses.

Clemson is the measuring stick long term. You have to get to that level but not this year.

Last edited:
This I can agree with. Very well stated. Every game is meant to be won. All of them. If you come to UL, don’t come just to survive the conference, this ain’t UK. UK fans are hoping not to lose each game. Our players are expecting to win every game. You can’t tell me you don’t see the difference in mindsets already. Deep down inside, UK fans know this to be true. Hence, “we play in the SEC” excuses will always exist.

Bama thinks that way. OSU thinks that way. OU thinks that way. Penn State thinks that way. Clemson thinks that way. Now Satterfield will have UL thinking that way. He already does. Showed us 62 points of proof on the road Hell, he had Appalachian State thinking that way.

What a hire! Get them all paid. Including Vince.

Last edited:
I will say two things, this is not your normal Clemson team and this is not last year's U of L team. Every year Clemson mails one in and almost gets beat. I think they are just sleep walking through the season as they just think a playoff spot will just fall into their lap and they are ripe for the picking. This U of L team and staff is hungry, they put out a goal for them last week and they meet that goal. I say we beat them this week. GO CARDS!

I will say two things, this is not your normal Clemson team and this is not last year's U of L team. Every year Clemson mails one in and almost gets beat. I think they are just sleep walking through the season as they just think a playoff spot will just fall into their lap and they are ripe for the picking. This U of L team and staff is hungry, they put out a goal for them last week and they meet that goal. I say we beat them this week. GO CARDS!
You are right Clemson and Louisville are different from a year ago. I will eat crow if Louisville wins. I think you can classify North Carolina as a sleepwalk. Clemson still has the 4th ranked defense and a top 20 offense. The point spread is 22 for a reason. They just hung 42 by halftime on FSU. They completely obliterated FSU offense which Louisville couldn’t do. Bottom line they are very good.

Louisville on offense should move the ball however keep this in mind Louisville still struggles on the line. Louisville is ranked 82nd in giving up sacks and 128 in tackles for loss. That is against average teams. Total offense Louisville is ranked 16th which is a significant jump from last year where they were 108th.

Louisville may score 21-24 point which would be really good. I just can’t see a scenario where Clemson doesn’t score under 40. I think their offense against Louisville defense is a mismatch.

Strange things have happened South Carolina beating UGA is an example.

Play loose, play to win find the positives and eliminate the negatives. Remember, Louisville doesn't have to beat Clemson, Clemson could lose to Louisville. Congrats on a program-building win over Wake.

You are right Clemson and Louisville are different from a year ago. I will eat crow if Louisville wins. I think you can classify North Carolina as a sleepwalk. Clemson still has the 4th ranked defense and a top 20 offense. The point spread is 22 for a reason. They just hung 42 by halftime on FSU. They completely obliterated FSU offense which Louisville couldn’t do. Bottom line they are very good.

Louisville on offense should move the ball however keep this in mind Louisville still struggles on the line. Louisville is ranked 82nd in giving up sacks and 128 in tackles for loss. That is against average teams. Total offense Louisville is ranked 16th which is a significant jump from last year where they were 108th.

Louisville may score 21-24 point which would be really good. I just can’t see a scenario where Clemson doesn’t score under 40. I think their offense against Louisville defense is a mismatch.

Strange things have happened South Carolina beating UGA is an example.
I just have this feeling that Coach Satt has some of that magic in his bag somewhere. I think the crowd will be electric after last week and the team will feel that ala dare I say the WVU game. I think their secondary is suspect and Coach Satt will air it out if he has to. I just like our chances.

The answer to winning the conference and getting a playoff berth lies with Clemson. Maybe not this year, but down the road soon. Yes, I dream big. Not thinking like UK!
Well, right now we are 2-1 in conference play with a loss to FSU (which is looming large right now). If the Cards could somehow pull off the upset, we would need help with an FSU loss but otherwise be in the driver’s seat for the Atlantic. You have to think that way. The biggest culture change has to do with having a winning attitude and that means expecting a fight but expecting to win that fight each week. A win puts us at 3-1 with NC State, Syracuse, Miami and UVa to go. The FSU loss is huge because they hold the tie-breaker and we need them to lose again. If we had won there, we would be 3-0 going in to Clemson and a loss would leave us in second, not fourth place.

Well, right now we are 2-1 in conference play with a loss to FSU (which is looming large right now). If the Cards could somehow pull off the upset, we would need help with an FSU loss but otherwise be in the driver’s seat for the Atlantic. You have to think that way. The biggest culture change has to do with having a winning attitude and that means expecting a fight but expecting to win that fight each week. A win puts us at 3-1 with NC State, Syracuse, Miami and UVa to go. The FSU loss is huge because they hold the tie-breaker and we need them to lose again. If we had won there, we would be 3-0 going in to Clemson and a loss would leave us in second, not fourth place.

FSU already has two losses in conference (Virginia and Clemson). Win Saturday, and we control our own destiny.

This season reminds of the movie Major League. In the beginning fans’ attitudes were “This team is shi***.” Now their attitudes are “You know these guys ain’t so f’n bad.”

Reactions: Riddle-me-this
This season reminds of the movie Major League. In the beginning fans’ attitudes were “This team is shi***.” Now their attitudes are “You know these guys ain’t so f’n bad.”
I can honestly say I didn't have any prediction on wins and losses. I watched that Notre Dame game and was impressed by what I saw as everyone else. I see the guys fighting and not giving up and it makes my heart leap out of my chest with pride. These are the same guys who went 2-10 last year but it is amazing what some coaching up and some self confidence can do. GO CARDS!

Reactions: PushupMan
That's true but this year, Clemson has already had that one game where they almost got beat. They were sleep walking until that happened and it got their attention. They handled FSU fairly easy after almost getting beat by UNC.

Still, I love your attitude and enthusiasm! I sure hope you turn out to be right.

Reactions: Slam2121
FSU already has two losses in conference (Virginia and Clemson). Win Saturday, and we control our own destiny.

Win Saturday and we will be ranked. Even if we lose, as most believe we will, we still control our destiny. And I think we go bowling.

Win Saturday and we will be ranked. Even if we lose, as most believe we will, we still control our destiny. And I think we go bowling.

I don’t ever use that term for bowl eligibility. It’s pretty straightforward that we become bowl eligible by winning two more games.

By “controlling our destiny”, I am referring to winning the Atlantic division. Win our next 5 games, and we will play in our first ACC championship game. We lose control of our destiny with respect to the Atlantic Division title with a loss on Saturday.

Reactions: WhatMeWorry
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT