ADVERTISEMENT

No shock the Cards lost

KerryRhodes

15000+
Dec 15, 2007
Coach Mack has been warning this team to start off faster.

The lazzier-farre attitude has caught up to them.

Its why i havent picked the Cards to get past the elite 8.

On to Clemson.
Go Cards.

Last edited:
Reactions: earsky
He didn’t start but played max mins til he fouled out so what does it matter?

Reactions: Deeva
It is frustrating to watch a team with excellent talent and great experience play such uninspired, slow looking bball so often. But in the end it was shooting that doomed us. Horrible from 3 which is an absolute killer for this team. 50% on 2s, 12% on3s. But we still shoot 24 threes.

We did a little better at driving and getting inside down the stretch, but the typical lethargic start did us in.

Man this was just a tough loss. In my humble opinion, it was just a clunker, where we didn’t shoot it well, but it seems to have stemmed from terrible ball movement.

We’ll be fine, need to just stay confident. We outrebounded them and turned them over more, you just can’t go 3-24 on threes. Clunker.

They played up hill the entire game though right? Maybe if he starts they aren't down 12-2?

They have fallen behind early quite a bit lately, no?

It’s definitely a head scratcher that Mack plays DJ in crunch time but doesn’t start him. Only thing i can think of is that David sometimes has foul issues. I mean, what else could it be? I would not be surprised to see DJ starting from here on out though.

Reactions: Mayoman
Coach Mack has been warning this team to start off faster.

The lazzier-farre attitude has caught up to them.

Its why i havent picked the Cards to get past the elite 8.

On to Clemson.
Go Cards.
Georgia Tech’s starting five are pretty solid. Their quickness at every position seemed to really bother us tonight the same as it did when we played them at the YUM. A concerning issue, hope the hell we can figure it out.

Reactions: Mayoman
Start the best and make the rest improve to get playing time. Poor starts could indicate a weak mentality on this team. How do you coach them to make them smarter? IDK....age old coaches mystery to discern. Mindboggling!

I'm hoping that this was just an outlier clunker game from the team. The type of off game that every good team can have. Winning 10 Conference games in a row shows they can win consistently though I agree you wish the effort and intensity levels were there every game.

ACC basketball is weak this year, just like football was. Our 10gm win streak was fools gold because of this. We are better than we looked yesterday but I think we will struggle to get past the sweet 16. We dont have a solid leader on this team, just a high scoring streak shooter who can score 30 in one game and 4 in the next.

I'm hoping that this was just an outlier clunker game from the team. The type of off game that every good team can have. Winning 10 Conference games in a row shows they can win consistently though I agree you wish the effort and intensity levels were there every game.
It would be an outlier clunker game except for the fact, we played like this the first time we played them but managed to come out with a win. The common theme in our losses are teams that play physical, especially against Nwora. But he shouldn’t be our only offense, besides Malik and DJ nobody stepped up. No one in starting five scored in double digits. I have to think that Pastner knows how to exploit the pack line defense.

Starting DJ could help get the team off to a better start. Couldn't hurt to try it.

When you come out flat and then stay flat for most of the game, these types of outcomes will happen. It's actually a strong message that this team is loaded with talent when you perform that poorly and still in position to win the game in the closing seconds. The Cards shot 33.9% for the game. The Cards shot a horrid 12.5% from behind the arc. The Cards had 16 turnovers including more than a handful of unforced turnovers. ALL these stats add up to a blow out loss most of the time. Malik Williams played his rear end off, and his effort alone along with the decent free throw shooting kept this game from being a blow out.

I expect to see a much more focused basketball team Saturday afternoon against Clemson.

Go CARDS!!!

It would be an outlier clunker game except for the fact, we played like this the first time we played them but managed to come out with a win. The common theme in our losses are teams that play physical, especially against Nwora. But he shouldn’t be our only offense, besides Malik and DJ nobody stepped up. No one in starting five scored in double digits. I have to think that Pastner knows how to exploit the pack line defense.

We were well below our season average for fg% and way below for 3pt%. Outside of them being physical, we missed countless open shots, at least our starters did, and we passed the ball poorly on offense, and that’s why it was a clunker. We just didn’t play our usual game. Everyone was in a funk, and we out rebounded them so it’s hard to say we couldn’t match them physically.

We should probably avoid playing games on Feb 12th in the future. Last Feb 12th was the day Duke came back from 23 down to beat us at the Yum Center.

We should probably avoid playing games on Feb 12th in the future. Last Feb 12th was the day Duke came back from 23 down to beat us at the Yum Center.

Also the Cards had won 9 in a row against GT.
Just like Virginny had won 9 in a row against the Cards.

We were well below our season average for fg% and way below for 3pt%. Outside of them being physical, we missed countless open shots, at least our starters did, and we passed the ball poorly on offense, and that’s why it was a clunker. We just didn’t play our usual game. Everyone was in a funk, and we out rebounded them so it’s hard to say we couldn’t match them physically.

Besides the atrocious play and shooting, it was like a comedy of errors last night. The Cards seemed intent on playing the role of the Washington Generals with careless mistake after mistake.

How many times did players just lose the ball out of bounds, off the hands, off their knee, etc. By the time Fresh fell down on that last play, I pretty much expected it.

Reactions: Cue Card
Besides the atrocious play and shooting, it was like a comedy of errors last night. The Cards seemed intent on playing the role of the Washington Generals with careless mistake after mistake.

How many times did players just lose the ball out of bounds, off the hands, off their knee, etc. By the time Fresh fell down on that last play, I pretty much expected it.
That last play was pretty much indicative of how the entire game had gone. Again, it was a minor miracle we didn't lose that game by 20+ points.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT