ADVERTISEMENT

New Coach

I’m ok with Kelsey but why did it take so long? Seems like if he was the guy, this could’ve been done right after May changed his mind.

Reactions: shadow force
He’s opposite of Mack. All offensive…no defense. Recruiting is the issue that he will have to overcome imo.

Let's hope he isn't Mack lite but with that pack line defense? ugh
From what I’ve seen his teams are fun to watch offensively but defensively they do give up way too many easy points inside which is the opposite of what a pack line defense should do. Could also be personnel.

Then again if you just watched them defend Alabama it’s a little unfair. Bama scores 100 on a lot of teams.

I’m ok with Kelsey but why did it take so long? Seems like if he was the guy, this could’ve been done right after May changed his mind.

I think that’s because he wanted to float the names Schertz, Pitino Jr, and Kelsey out to the fan base to judge reaction while he finalized things with Kelsey.

Apparently, we had a verbal agreement with May that he backed out on at the last minute, so you don’t want to announce that it’s done until it actually is….

I think that’s because he wanted to float the names Schertz, Pitino Jr, and Kelsey out to the fan base to judge reaction while he finalized things with Kelsey.

Apparently, we had a verbal agreement with May that he backed out on at the last minute, so you don’t want to announce that it’s done until it actually is….
Makes more sense than anything else.

Sure. It’s a massive conspiracy. That’s it. Uh-huh. It continues year after year because some evil force wants to destroy UofL sports. OK. Right. Thanks.
I said "many believe", not necessarily me. You missed that.

I don't need a conspiracy when ongoing, gross incompetence is a perfectly logical explanation...

I don't need a conspiracy when ongoing, gross incompetence is a perfectly logical explanation...
Making stuff up. "many believe", " others think", "everyone else says", but oh not me. You couldn't be more full of $hite than an outhouse at talladega's infield. Own your trash. Don't attribute it to "someone else"

He is a player and early protege' of Skip Prosser. Same kind of personality.

I could have been addressing the multitude of conspiracy believers since I didn’t address my response directly to you. Usually, when one refers to “many” they are among the crowd.

This is not the UL of 10 years ago...Mack was a good coach in a very bad position. KP was a bad coach in a good position who drove UL to the bank and told it to take the bus home. Neither worked out for UL. Everyone including our AD know that we need a new coach by the end of this year and to make it look likes a last minute coaching search is very amateurish and painful to watch as a fan. We should have nailed down the next coach 2-6 months ago. To quote Parrish..."Is it because Payne ran the program further into the ground than anybody could've reasonably imagined? Or because of the uncertainty surrounding the future of the ACC? Or because Louisville's search was amateur-hour on full display in a way that made things more difficult than they should've been?" I think all three are the reasons. Either case, we will be lucky to have another hall of fame coach to come out of Louisville. Good luck, UL.

Making stuff up. "many believe", " others think", "everyone else says", but oh not me. You couldn't be more full of $hite than an outhouse at talladega's infield. Own your trash. Don't attribute it to "someone else"
You honestly telling me there aren’t people in this community who believe in a huge slappy conspiracy? Or are you just arguing?…

We all have no idea if this will work. No matter the reason Heird deserves criticism for Payne. He owned it and moved on.

I don’t think the coaching search was poorly handled even though the optics were bad. May changed his mind at the last minute. It happens. It was unfortunate or fortunate May told Schertz. That led to Kelsey. He did what any AD should do, have your main targets and interview other people to see if they blew him away.

It is already a win with the contract and fan reaction to the hire. No one saw that coming 48 hrs ago.

Next box to check can he recruit? We shall see. He checks that box then we go to the next box…..win.

Reactions: SoulSr
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT