ADVERTISEMENT

Mick Cronin

Sawyer

1500+
Aug 3, 2001
Would anyone be interested in Cronin? Seems to be a pretty solid coach, learned from one of the best. Has pretty good connections, especially around the Midwest.

I've heard he has a huge buyout for the acquiring school, in the range of his outstanding contractual salary...

The buyout for Cronin s in the neighborhood of $20M.

The questions to be asking are things like ...

Will UofL be hiring?
Who would be interested in this situation?

Etc

Mick apparently showed a lot of interest when KP got it, but 20 mil is steep for us. And now it’s even more of a mess than a two years ago. Not sure Mick is a option.

Why wouldn’t a top coach want the Louisville job? A good fan base, top notch facilities and tradition. The main thing is they wouldn’t have to worry about doing better than the last guy.

Reactions: Cardiac Red
See, here’s the thing. I would like Cronin for a few reasons. One, he knows what Louisville basketball expectations are (that may be a weak argument considering some could say KP does too and still is really struggling), but I think it could be different for Cronin because he actually experienced success here as an assistant coach. Two, he has connections throughout this area. And three, he actually is proven enough as a coach to bring good players here and would undoubtedly use NIL as an advantage.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
See, here’s the thing. I would like Cronin for a few reasons. One, he knows what Louisville basketball expectations are (that may be a weak argument considering some could say KP does too and still is really struggling), but I think it could be different for Cronin because he actually experienced success here as an assistant coach. Two, he has connections throughout this area. And three, he actually is proven enough as a coach to bring good players here and would undoubtedly use NIL as an advantage.
Having said that though, I don’t want to bring him here for a feel good story. I’m tired of those. (Brohm is an exception)

Bridgeman, Eaves, Beard, Griffith and Maybin should pony up the $20 mil.
Damn skippy they should. I said that very thing when we hired KP. That those who pushed for him should handle the buyout if it goes south. And here we are and we hear nothing from that bunch.

Reactions: OldhamCard335
Cronin would probably do fine here but he's no way even remotely close to being good enough to pay the $20 million dollar buyout..

I wouldn't even give him another thought..

Reactions: shadow force
Damn skippy they should. I said that very thing when we hired KP. That those who pushed for him should handle the buyout if it goes south. And here we are and we hear nothing from that bunch.
They are too busy chewing on a huge helping of crow to comment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT