ADVERTISEMENT

Mack is the extreme favorite...

If it is Mack I'll be in full support of him until he gives me reason not to be. His team's are tough and don't back down from anyone and he's not an arrogant ass that thinks he's bigger than UofL or the city of Louisville like Dick Porcini did. Two major pluses in my opinion..
More often than not, Mack has proven he can lose a dozen games each season. The Master was better than that...

...I feel like we'd be hearing way more buzz about someone else if we could do better..
That's because this guy ain't up to the task...

636439437261619009-VinceTyra.jpg

More often than not, Mack has proven he can lose a dozen games each season. The Master was better than that...
Yeah but he has a pretty good NCAA Tournament record.. Probably can recruit better here than at X too..

Clown show apologist lowering the bar (or trying to)...

parade%20of%20fools%202_zpsdkfvdkfu.jpg
You're going to be eating a lot of crow if Mack comes here and is a big success.. I'll make sure to serve you a few helpings..

You'll be waiting the rest of your life for VT or Mack to be failures and nothing they do will ever please you because you're a bitter old man that TJ and your Master were ousted and there was nothing you could do about it except contaminate the whole board with your hundreds of posts and hold a sign while wearing your TJ penny t-shirt.. LMAO

You're going to be eating a lot of crow if Mack comes here and is a big success.. I'll make sure to serve you a few helpings..

You'll be waiting the rest of your life for VT or Mack to be failures and nothing they do will ever please you because you're a bitter old man that TJ and your Master were ousted and there was nothing you could do about it except contaminate the whole board with your hundreds of posts and hold a sign while wearing your TJ penny t-shirt.. LMAO
yep, agree gets old

Yep. I saw the 7 million number he threw out, lol. He acts like we paid Pitino 7 million a year......WRONG

“Pitino's compensation, paired with $2.25 million in pay from Adidas, adds up to $7.76 million over the past year. The details of his contract released in 2015, when U of L announced a 10-year extension with the Hall of Fame coach, show Pitino will average $5.093 million in base salary through the 2025-26 season.”

......wasn’t difficult. Right in the article shows that we pay $5.093 million..

“Pitino's compensation, paired with $2.25 million in pay from Adidas, adds up to $7.76 million over the past year. The details of his contract released in 2015, when U of L announced a 10-year extension with the Hall of Fame coach, show Pitino will average $5.093 million in base salary through the 2025-26 season.”

Doesn't matter a damn bit how the next coach gets paid. It's this guy's job to make sure that number is laid in front of a big time coach or HE's laying down on the job...

15958295_G.jpg

I've said before...I can't lose. Either I'm right, or my favorite team is wildly successful.

Someday, a couple of you guys will figure out that my more outspoken positions usually result in no-lose outcomes...

Yeah but he has a pretty good NCAA Tournament record.. Probably can recruit better here than at X too..
What good record? He's been to ONE Elite Eight. Tom Crean's been to a Final Four. So has Kelvin Sampson. Thad Matta's been to two.

The low bar that clown show apologists use seems to extend out to Chris Mack for some reason...

parade%20of%20fools_zpskpipxzq5.jpg

That's because this guy ain't up to the task...

636439437261619009-VinceTyra.jpg
You need to go join team Jurich. Seems like all you do is bitch and talk negatively about UofL. It's gets worn out and tiresom.
It sucks that you can actually post your negative crap on the internet for anyone to see because you represent zilch of louisville fans. I have never met anyone like you.

Clown show apologist lowering the bar (or trying to)...

parade%20of%20fools%202_zpsdkfvdkfu.jpg

I’m very excited about Coach Mack. Even before Pitino was ousted with cause and in disgrace, Chris Mack was the coach I was hoping UofL would target.

As to your other post - your “no-lose” post. I’m glad you expressly admitted your intentions. It was obvious to me and now you have made it obvious to others. You are equally hopeful that UofL has success or failure. That’s your prerogative but seems awfully strange to me and quite unhealthy. Nonetheless you are more than welcome to continue following me around on this board and perpetuating your made up narrative. It’s quite entertaining to me.

What good record? He's been to ONE Elite Eight. Tom Crean's been to a Final Four. So has Kelvin Sampson. Thad Matta's been to two.

The low bar that clown show apologists use seems to extend out to Chris Mack for some reason...

parade%20of%20fools_zpskpipxzq5.jpg
In fairness you don't know if Louisville has reached out to your home hires. I would assume Louisville has reached out to Donovan's agent since he may be interested in getting out of the NBA. Keep in mind Jurich went after Pitino when he was unemployed. All your home run hires are currently employed and playing except Bennett. Time wise it may not work out.

Since the chances of landing any of those guys is a long shot, any one Louisville hires is low hanging fruit and a lazy hire. Everyone coach they are looking at is going to come a program that hasn't had the kind of success Louisville has had but that doesn't mean they can't.

From the Xavier board..

"700 WLW reporting this AM that Xavier is working on a contract extension for Mack. They "said" the offer would double his pay"..............interesting.

Well, I guess since Siri didn’t read it to you, you have trouble with the details. Who do you think arranges for additional compensation such as apparel endorsements? Do you think Adidas is still paying him 2.25 million right now?

Any coach we hire will have the same. Base salary PLUS additional compensation such as endorsements. TOTAL compensation is what matters, and Pitino’s total compensation exceeded 7 million, which makes your statement factually inaccurate. This isn’t about your interpretation or beliefs. You are not going to backpedal with “yeah, but what I meant was...”

Rick Pitino made over 7 million dollars as the coach of The University of Louisville.

The University of Louisville is the highest revenue producing basketball program in the nation by over $10 million.

The University of Louisville can afford $7 million in base salary or arrange for that to be total compensation.

You are wrong. You now have a choice: be a man with some integrity and admit you were wrong, or be a boy who just wants the last word.

Not any more.

Well, certainly that number has dipped this season, but the new contract with Adidas just went into effect. Plus the suprising showing during the NIT... do you have any numbers, or is that just another assumption?

We are not leaving Adidas. That is not the new coach’s call, nor is Nike going to offer us the same. Deal with it.
Some coaches we are interested in might not want to deal with it. It is the hidden issue in all this. Being with Adidas is a massive recruiting handicap.

Well, certainly that number has dipped this season, but the new contract with Adidas just went into effect. Plus the suprising showing during the NIT... do you have any numbers, or is that just another assumption?
I don't think it is an assumption that we are going to take a large revenue hit the next few years.

From the Xavier board..

"700 WLW reporting this AM that Xavier is working on a contract extension for Mack. They "said" the offer would double his pay"..............interesting.
If Mack was the A Plan......Houston, we may have a problem.

Let’s see. Stay where I’ve built a pretty good team and double my salary? Or go to a dumpster fire where I won’t know who my boss will be, or even who my boss is, or if additional sanctions are coming.

Gee. I don’t know This is a tough one. :confused:

One thing I don’t understand.

Some are putting all of these needed qualifications on the HBBC candidates, but some of the same people are ecstatic over VT as AD with zero qualifications.

I don’t how you can logically swing both ways.

But I know.

We’ll be fine.

I can tell we will by all the media buzz about the BB hierarchy who are dying to come here. You know. Those media guys who have been saying coaches would line up to come here.

The guys who love to leak and speculate. But they have NOTHING to leak or report.

We need some stability first and foremost before any long term decisions should he made.

I’m with Zipp (and a lot of others). I gotta see results before I go gaga over any of them.

Reactions: zipp and TDredbird
it's being nice to call your obsession with posting pictures of Tyra "odd".

Seriously, i didnt know what he looked like before today (nor did I care to) and it is now duly noted. Just stop already.

Tom got you/us in this situation with the sum total of all of his work and my guess is, if he was ever personally nice to you, you were either a student athlete (LOL), or he perceived you to have money for him- er, I mean the university. I'm sure it is no surprise to people on this board that you would be satisfied with being right at the expense of your program, but your desire to document it in print is pretty midguided at best

From the Xavier board..

Xavier isn't going to outbid Louisville. Ramsey & Rutherford on the air yesterday were basically acting like Mack is already hired. They'd throw in the obligatory "if" here and there, but those guys know people. Looks like Mack is the guy.

I am not sitting here blown away by Mack, but he is probably a very fine hire with what we know today. He's taken Xavier to at least the Sweet 16 in 4 of his 9 seasons and to the round of 32 in 8 of 9, and to the tourney in all 9. pretty good resume for a young HC with 9 years experience at this point. As long as the boosters have patience and don't go all Austin Texas on him during these next few years it should be fine

Any coach we hire will have the same. Base salary PLUS additional compensation such as endorsements.

I don't think Adidas is going to pay Chris Mack what they were paying Dick Porcini.. That's not guaranteed money for the UofL coach, UofL can probably help negotiate that for him, but there's no guarantee.. At $7 Million per year Dick was grossly overpaid.

Reactions: Smithereen
Some coaches we are interested in might not want to deal with it. It is the hidden issue in all this. Being with Adidas is a massive recruiting handicap.

Too bad for them. It isn’t their call. We are under a sweet contract. The “recruiting handicap” is rendered null and void now that the FBI is watching.

Reactions: TDredbird
I don't think Adidas is going to pay Chris Mack what they were paying Dick Porcini.. That's not guaranteed money for the UofL coach, UofL can probably help negotiate that for him, but there's no guarantee.. At $7 Million per year Dick was grossly overpaid.

Perhaps he was. That isn’t the point. The point is that it is a proven fact that total compensation for a HC at the University of Louisville at 7 million is realistic, because it has been done.

Reactions: TDredbird
“Next few years” yes, that is an assumption. It may prove true, it may not. It is still an assumption.
It is an assumption that is well under way and that we are currently operating under. There are a bunch of things that are going to change. I am anxious to see how much we spend on a new coaching staff.

Too bad for them. It isn’t their call. We are under a sweet contract. The “recruiting handicap” is rendered null and void now that the FBI is watching.
It was a sweet contract for Pitino and Jurich but not so much for the fans who know we can't compete for the best players any longer. Let me know when the NCAA strips a title from a big Nike school.

It was a sweet contract for Pitino and Jurich but not so much for the fans who know we can't compete for the best players any longer. Let me know when the NCAA strips a title from a big Nike school.

This is the biggest reason I don't follow college basketball with any more than passing interest. When shoe companies own the game it's time to find a new game.

This is the biggest reason I don't follow college basketball with any more than passing interest. When shoe companies own the game it's time to find a new game.

The shoe companies’ influence over the game of college basketball is over.

I don't care if it is or isn't. The damage is done and there is no way to fix it.

That is awfully apathetic at best and defeatist at worst. Getting rid of the one and done rule coupled with an expansion of the NBDL will do wonders for the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT