ADVERTISEMENT

Mack is the extreme favorite...

Mack doesn't move the needle for most fans. He's popular among basketball obsessed millennials (BOMs). I don't think BOMs represent some of our bigger donors. Mack's simply an easy move which would be typical of this guy...

Screen-Shot-2017-10-03-at-5.34.36-PM.png

Mack doesn't move the needle for most fans. He's popular among basketball obsessed millennials (BOMs). I don't think BOMs represent some of our bigger donors. Mack's simply an easy move which would be typical of this guy...

If it's Mack, on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, this GenXer gives it a strong 6, maybe a 7. He's not "holy sh!t, we got him?" It's "that's pretty solid. I'm cool with it."

Please stop being a fan and speaking for the entire fanbase just because you have an undeniably huge bias towards Tyra because your best friend in the whole wide world got canned because he would never fire Porcini.

I think I'll hang onto my fan interests, thank you. And I'll continue to comment on everything I observe under the sun. If anyone doesn't like that, there's an "ignore" feature designed esp. for you.

As long as your new AD doesn't have to think or rely on experience, he'll be fine. Mack is the right move for him...

I think I'll hang onto my fan interests, thank you. And I'll continue to comment on everything I observe under the sun. If anyone doesn't like that, there's an "ignore" feature designed esp. for you.

As long as your new AD doesn't have to think or rely on experience, he'll be fine. Mack is the right move for him...

Mack's the right one for the program. Believe it or not he is the best guy out there we can get. There is no Jay Wright. He's the favorite to win it all yet again this year. That's 2 titles in 3 years. He's not leaving for Louisville. He's not leaving for Duke. He's not leaving to go anywhere. Good lord.

Last edited:

I'll be honest with you. Prior to this year, and mainly just the last few weeks, I had no idea who Chris Mack was. No clue.

That's coming from a baby boomer.

Reactions: zipp and STLNBSE
Idk, he looks like he's copying what Wright is doing, but with a little less talented players. Granted, I have not researched it, so I don't know how their kids compare coming out of high school.

If so, he probably gets some better talent here(albeit the impending troubles could delay that) and moves closer to what Wright is doing at villanova. I like the thought of that.

I don't contend that he's #1 for us all, but the fit looks good.

Mack's the right room for the program. Believe it or not he is the best guy out there we can get. There is no Jay Wright. He's the favorite to win it all yet again this year. That's 2 titles in 3 years. He's not leaving for Louisville. He's not leaving for Duke. He's not leaving to go anywhere. Good lord.

The right room? A freudian slip, me thinks. Maybe you two should get a room.

Reactions: Cue Card
Even if we could hire Coach K, we would not duplicate his success at Duke unless we dump Adidas and sign on with Nike. Take that to the bank.

I’ll be very happy to have Coach Mack. The situation Rick Pitino and his few bad apple staff members left makes the job a little more difficult to sell, but it looks like we may overcome that.

Reactions: Chapman123
Some coach just said millennials aren’t watching BB.

Hell, he said his players don’t watch BB.

Seems all sports are in peril of becoming irrelevant.

Please stop being a fan and speaking for the entire fanbase just because you have an undeniably huge bias towards Tyra because your best friend in the whole wide world got canned because he would never fire Porcini.
Amen brother. I like Tyra and would love love love Mack and so would any Card fan that I come across in my professional life. This may turn into a homerun hire.

Mack is young and hungry and I want that.

Amen brother. I like Tyra and would love love love Mack and so would any Card fan that I come across in my professional life. This may turn into a homerun hire.

Mack is young and hungry and I want that.

Mack is 48. He's not that young.

I don't know if I would go as far as saying he would be our Coach K. Louisville is a odd beast when it comes to recruiting. They aren't leaving Adidas and that limits the recruits they can get. Who knows how he will recruit at Louisville but he won't recruit at Coach K or Cal level.

I don't know if I would go as far as saying he would be our Coach K. Louisville is a odd beast when it comes to recruiting. They aren't leaving Adidas and that limits the recruits they can get. Who knows how he will recruit at Louisville but he won't recruit at Coach K or Cal level.

Neither will they, when the FBI scandal is finished and the NBA does away with the one-and done rule in favor for an expanded NbDL

Mack's the right one for the program. Believe it or not he is the best guy out there we can get. There is no Jay Wright. He's the favorite to win it all yet again this year. That's 2 titles in 3 years. He's not leaving for Louisville. He's not leaving for Duke. He's not leaving to go anywhere. Good lord.

So you’re conducting the search?

K is 71. I'm telling you, Mack could be our K. I think the combination of Mack and Louisville basketball could be a powerful storm in a few years.

Wow I hope your right, but just not seeing it. People have fell in love with a coach that has done nothing but the minimum required here. Let’s say he comes here and gets bounced with a one seed before he makes the sweet 16, the fans will be ready to run him out of town. Remember, there was talk about ditching Pitino’s after 3 years when he wasn’t at the level we expect. And Pitino had one hell of a proven resume.

But any coach coming here better be ready for that level of pressure. Hope he’s up to it.

He can recruit and the facilities here a far better than Xavier so that is a huge plus in his favor.

So you have an issue with sarcasm. You made a comment that Mack’s the best we can do. Unless you’re on the search committee or VT you don’t know that. Anymore than the rest of us.

No Im saying Mack is the best we can do because I feel like we'd be hearing way more buzz about someone else if we could do better..

If Mack’s the coach obviously I will support him. Not sure he’s the best fit but we will see. Sounds like it’s probably going to be him. So there’s no confusion I do support VT.
Mack would be in my top 3. I do believe it would be a great hire.

I do agree with top 3. Great remains to be seen, but that’s true of any hire. He will bring energy that is for sure

So you have an issue with sarcasm. You made a comment that Mack’s the best we can do. Unless you’re on the search committee or VT you don’t know that. Anymore than the rest of us.

No Im saying Mack is the best we can do because I feel like we'd be hearing way more buzz about someone else if we could do better..

That I agree with. And it’s most likely the truth. I think it’s probably close to a done deal.

The Big Guy's not intervening.

And for $7 million, I think Wright and a lotta guys will pick up the phone. Nova's not paying him that...

If it is Mack I'll be in full support of him until he gives me reason not to be. His team's are tough and don't back down from anyone and he's not an arrogant ass that thinks he's bigger than UofL or the city of Louisville like Dick Porcini did. Two major pluses in my opinion..

ADVERTISEMENT