ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs North Carolina

In the same series Harris got fouled, UNC walked and a5 second violation and no call.

I'm sorry but there's a clear UNC bias with these refs early in the game. As there is with the commentators. I was sure Walz was going to get a technical on two non whistles in a 20 second period. He called timeout to bitch.

Reactions: Bardman
I agree he was going nuts on the sideline and I didn’t blame him. The end of the 1st quarter and we are up by 3. I’ll take it this is somewhat of an offensive struggle for both teams because of the defensive pressure by both teams.

We have to do better rebounding because we are giving them to many opportunities.

Down by 1 at half our defense is good but our offense is really struggling. We are going to have to continue with the defensive pressure. Hopefully it will keep us in the game until the offense gets clicking.

Cards look indecisive on offense which leads to poor shooting. Apparently nothing can be done to improve on layups and in close shots.

Whatever the reason, this group of players just can't find an offensive rhythm. It's frustrating to throw the ball inside only to miss the layup. It's frustrating to drive to the goal and not finish.

This is something we're not used to seeing with the women's team. We have depth and good size in the front court, we just don't have the matching talent. Cochran and Dixon seemingly haven't improved much since they arrived and Jones is not the transfer impact that was expected.

The scoring on this team comes from short guards and that's why I believe the offense struggles.

These refs are awful they call a foul on Kono on the 3 point shooter and there was no contact. CJW gets called for a technical contesting the call. There has to be some review process that the refs need to answer to.

Reactions: Bardman
It is so obvious the refs are ready and prepared to blow the whistle against Louisville. It may just be unqualified officials because it's bad all over the nation, but Louisville seems to get more than their share.

We play tough defense and get the clock down to 2 or 3 seconds and Cochran bails them out with a foul 3 times.

Getting ready to start the 4th quarter up by 5. This is where we have collapsed against ranked teams this season. Let’s hope we really step up finish this game with a win.

CC knocking down 3’s at the right time let’s finish this game with a win. It’s obviously that UNC strategy is to find an open lane for layups. So far they have only been successful a couple of times.

Officiating remains atrocious, as example Konno called for foul on 3 pointer, when clearly the shooter initiated contact with both her left forearm and right leg ……leading to CJW technical, and 6 UNC points thanks to the 3 blind mice! Ironically it prompted our crowd and team to wake up.

Love witnessing Harris, Jones, Carr, Robinson and HVL putting it all together in 3rd quarter with the most points (25) UNC has given up any quarter.

UNC defense explains the 32% shooting percentage and the way too many UL turnovers.

Duke beats ND in South Bend, and with two winnable conference games coming up, UL should improve on its 7 seed in advance of contest at ND.

Amazing to see the depth CJW has developed late in this season ……. 9 dependable in the rotation is just what you want at this point in the season.

Great game. Offense is struggling at times, still too many TOs, too many kissed layups and not ‘great’ from the FT line. On the flip side, the defense is really picking up and rebounding was superb today. Yes, the refs were…questionable at times. But, Harris is coming into form, HVL had a very good game and Kasa…man, to me, she IS the heartbeat of this team. Overall I don’t find this team to be real tough. Kasa, however, almost carries that load all by herself. She is having a great final season and hopefully some of her intensity rubs off on a few others on the team.

I was hoping ND was going to beat Duke because we play ND twice and Duke only once. We would of had the opportunity to make up some ground on Duke if ND would have won.

They did today. Took down the #11 ranked team. And the team did not play great.

And one more tidbit. That is one hell of a shiner Mykasa is wearing after the bruising she took today.

But the great thing about Kasa taking a bruising is she is very gracious about it always giving more than she receives.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Something we did today which I was very happy about was that we reversed a bad trend. Normally we get off to a slow start and we lose the 1st quarter. Then we make it worse by losing the 4th quarter. Today we did good in both the 1st quarter and 4th quarter. I think using a deeper bench keeps us fresh when we are playing a the type of defense we play and the type of offense we play.

Louisville’s defense held UNC to only 3 assists it was the lowest number of assists since 1999-2000 season. UNC was 1-12 from the 3 point line.

I was hoping ND was going to beat Duke because we play ND twice and Duke only once. We would of had the opportunity to make up some ground on Duke if ND would have won.
We’re not going to catch the leaders this season. It is my hope that by ACC Tournament time we are hitting on all cylinders and actually have a chance of winning it.

Duke has separated itself from ND for now, but a lot of games left to play. The loss to NCST at home ended any realistic chances for for us to win an ACC Regular Season Championship, but I believe we have a chance to improve our seeding for both ACC and NCAA tournament by treating the rest of these regular season games as critical to our chances for post season success.

UVA and Clemson games are obviously must wins, and a chance to beat ND in South Bend would be more than sufficient to gain re-entry into the rankings. Seeding will be most critical, but as in all conference tournaments, having depth can be the biggest difference in terms of advancing; right now we are legitimately playing 9 in our rotation ...... not sure anyone goes that deep with actual experienced players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT