ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs FSU

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
This is going to be another tough game on the road. It is going to see how Morgan Jones does against her old team.

Ugh 🫣🫣. This group commits dumb fouls and just can’t stop turning the ball over.

Don’t forget the missed layups, I knew this was going to be a tough game. FSU has multiple scoring threats if we are a step behind on defense it will cost us.

Reactions: Bardman
We are getting zero offensively rebounds. Either no one (other than the shooter) is under the basket or we just can’t get the ball. Kasa, again, struggles to get the ball inbounds. Not sure why but she has struggled with that this year.

HVL is the only one grabbing rebounds right now she has about 6. We aren’t playing our best game but we are only down by 4. We have to come out and play better the 2nd half to win this game.

Announcers just uttered a word that I think is a big factor (not in our favor). Athleticism. Where does it hurt us? The post. 3/4 players who play down low (primarily) are not that athletic. Harris is the exception. This really is evident when you see some of the poor fouls and the lack of rebounding (at times). Engstler has Tons of athleticism whereas Liz, Josie and Olivia just don’t. (More so Liz and Josie).
The Cards are playing horribly; it the little things that are holding the ladies back right now.

It’s funny during the first half I was thinking how dirty of a player Bejedi is. Right after I thought the announcer said Bejedi is not really a dirty player she just plays hard. Well from what Ibhave seen she is a dirty player and she gets away with it.

Agree. She pulled Josie down and threw a fit when called for the foul.

Still, just too many TOs and not enough rebounds. We are not creating enough TOs either.

This is what I expect out of Jones every game. She reminds me of Jasmine Jones with her athleticism.

This game feels just like the Va Tech game 😩. Instill think we have a solid team. However, they just don’t have some of the intangibles other squads have had. Ingo back to the little things (which morph into large things). TOs, loose balls, missed layups, missed defensive rotations, etc.

Announcers just uttered a word that I think is a big factor (not in our favor). Athleticism. Where does it hurt us? The post. 3/4 players who play down low (primarily) are not that athletic. Harris is the exception. This really is evident when you see some of the poor fouls and the lack of rebounding (at times). Engstler has Tons of athleticism whereas Liz, Josie and Olivia just don’t. (More so Liz and Josie).
The Cards are playing horribly; it the little things that are holding the ladies back right now.
My wife and I were discussing that very issue. Liz sadly is about as athletics as a turtle and OC is slightly better

And Kasa misses a layup. She may have been fouled but she should have made the shot. The refs are not going to call much in our favor - you have to finish at the rim.

If we hit our layups this game wouldn’t even be close. I wish they would quit shooting layups instead just stop & pop from a couple of feet out.

Two consecutive defensive plays resulting in 5 points. THAT is how it is done. We haven’t seen enough of that this year.

Cochran exactly where she needs the ball - in the paint! Then CC commits a silly foul 😓

The past 2 fouls on us were good callas but these refs are missing the rough fouls by FSU. I only hope the refs don’t cause the outcome of the game.

Bjedi hooks the arms of opposing players A LOT. They have only called it once.

This was a huge win against FSU at their place we overcame some bad play in the first half. HVL and Morgan Jones were big in this game. Cart didn’t score a lot but she did a lot of other things that made a difference. I am still concerned about the 9 missed layups.

Great gutty win. We came through on this road trip, splitting 2 very tough games. We almost won Thursday and today really came through in the clutch. We have issues (turnovers and layups!) but when you fight like we do sometimes things start going your way.
Jones nows has put together 2 great games and we really need offense from her. HVL was brilliant today-20 pts, 8 rebounds, 8 assists 5 steals! Olivia came through late with some big buckets. Awesome

Reactions: KozmasAgain
I wonder if HVL’s parents were at the game because I noticed when she hit that last jumper that was unbelievable she turned to the Louisville section and yelled up there.

I wonder if HVL does not suffer from some unknown basketball schizophrenia? How can one have 7 turnovers, 8 assists, 5 steals, 8 rebounds, and 20 plus points in a single game? She went from "not again" to "she is brilliant" in a matter of seconds.😲

There are 4 positives (assists, steals, rebounds and points) totaling 41, against 10 negatives (fouls and TOs). HVL playes virtually 40 minutes and touches the ball more than anyone else on the court by a rather wide margin. If you put together the same math for anyone else, it becomes evident that she is by far the most active and effective player on this team.

Agreed the 7 TOs are too many, and some of those are entirely on HVL. However, yesterday was an example of where the opponent did everything possible to deny her the ball and adjust their defense to stopping her …… and yet she still had a dominating contribution.

Carr hit a wide open 3 in a crucial point in the game as a result of the defense double teaming HVL, yet she still was able to deliver the assist to Carr, just another example of her ability to make this team successful despite the opponent focusing on her.

There are 4 positives (assists, steals, rebounds and points) totaling 41, against 10 negatives (fouls and TOs). HVL playes virtually 40 minutes and touches the ball more than anyone else on the court by a rather wide margin. If you put together the same math for anyone else, it becomes evident that she is by far the most active and effective player on this team.

Agreed the 7 TOs are too many, and some of those are entirely on HVL. However, yesterday was an example of where the opponent did everything possible to deny her the ball and adjust their defense to stopping her …… and yet she still had a dominating contribution.

Carr hit a wide open 3 in a crucial point in the game as a result of the defense double teaming HVL, yet she still was able to deliver the assist to Carr, just another example of her ability to make this team successful despite the opponent focusing on her.
Again the turnovers and fouls are not necessarily a negative, they are a product of playing hard. Its not like they are stupid TO's and she is smart enough to stay out of foul trouble because she knows she needs to be on the court. You want to know why Sonja left the message board. Almost every post in this thread is negative about what the Cards are not doing or what they didn't do. She didn't like the negative attacks on our players. The U of L negativity around the men has found its way into the WBB thread.

I don’t think Sonja left because we debate the pros and cons of our team’s performance. I go to multiple sites and see what fans from the teams we play have to say about the game and it is pretty much like ours. The only negative I have really seen on the women’s site is people complaining about how much playing time HVL is getting.
I thought as a whole we played a good game against a good team on their home court. If there was any negative on our team’s performance it was the 9 missed layups. If we play as a team like we did against FSU with 4 players in double digits we should have a lot of success.

Reactions: 2330859
Again the turnovers and fouls are not necessarily a negative, they are a product of playing hard. Its not like they are stupid TO's and she is smart enough to stay out of foul trouble because she knows she needs to be on the court. You want to know why Sonja left the message board. Almost every post in this thread is negative about what the Cards are not doing or what they didn't do. She didn't like the negative attacks on our players. The U of L negativity around the men has found its way into the WBB thread.
I'm sorry but that is a silly take on this considering every message board on any sports team has threads of negative comments. Isn't the purpose of message boards to debate and/or discuss the sport and the results? They're not always going to be positive.

No, Sonja said it herself in her goodbye post that she didn't need more negativity in her life. She didn't want to argue and have others say negative things about her opinions. Easier to just leave so she did.

I'm sorry but that is a silly take on this considering every message board on any sports team has threads of negative comments. Isn't the purpose of message boards to debate and/or discuss the sport and the results? They're not always going to be positive.

No, Sonja said it herself in her goodbye post that she didn't need more negativity in her life. She didn't want to argue and have others say negative things about her opinions. Easier to just leave so she did.
Look I'm not commenting or advocating either way. I'm just saying that Sonja started her posts more of a summary of how the game went, usually not pointing fingers at specific players but team issues. If they played well, she pointed it out. If they didn't, it was we will get them the next time or move on to the next game. She never intended, in my opinion, of it to be a running dialogue of the game but more of a positive synopsis of the game. Now I understand how message boards are and maybe she was a little nieve to think people wouldn't make comments both positive an negative but the messaging definitely increased on this board as fans became more disillusioned with the MBB's. There's no right or wrong, but like I said I found Sonja's takes very refreshing and informative.

Reactions: Guardman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT