ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs Boston College

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
I am out of area so I am unable to watch the game I have to keep up with in on the ticker.

If you are able to watch the game give me an update it is really low scoring and close. That is two things I never expected in this game.

Sluggish so far. BC has hit some tough shots. Cards a little out of sync at the moment (2d qtr).

Cards getting to the FT line a lot. That is The difference with in the game.

Love just got a bucket. The refs…geez…not an A team for sure. Multiple anticipatory calls, bad calls, etc. Cards up by 12 with 4:44 left in the 3d.

I am not able to watch the game but Kiki Jefferson is having a great game scoring and rebounding.

Cards up by 21 with 6:16 left. Kiki is having a Monster game. 27 and 7 at the moment.

I wish I could watch this game what is going on with Cochran? She hasn’t scored much and only 1 point in the 2nd half.

After a slow start we ended up winning by 28 points. It seems like we are a slow starting team and we don’t start playing better until midway in the 2nd quarter. I hope that doesn’t hurt us down the road. When we play the better teams we are going to have to play good all 4 quarters.

I too was unable to watch the game, but listened to the radio portion in late 3rd quarter when UL distanced itself from BC. This ACC is so well balanced, that it’s difficult to find separation until the 2nd half of most conference games.

Syracuse went into South Bend and beat the Irish; clearly the Orange are for real.

UL Women BB teams have always had at least one “go-to offensive player”, someone who can score when it needs a basket late in close games. Kiki can be that player, and she can do so within the balanced offense that we have with this roster.

Last year HVL was the one we depended on, but unfortunately that roster did not have 5 or 6 others like this roster, who could contribute. Kiki is always surrounded by four others on the court who are equally unselfish and both willing and capable of contributing. As Jeff said last night in post game remarks …….. “if this roster continues to figure out what he is trying to teach during these practices, we could be a very difficult team to beat”.

Losing at UNC was not unexpected, as there are at least 7 other ACC teams who are very difficult to beat at home, and obviously UNC is one of those, as NCST, VT, ND, UL, Duke and Syracuse are the others.

I don’t necessarily see slow starts. Rather, it’s more like an early boxing match with two fighters feeling each out and finding their footing. UofL’s depth is what we see take effect so often late 2d qtr and then later in games. Olivia had a very good game. 10 and 7 I believe. Other were scoring and rebounding - lots of shared wealth. Elif scored in double-figures as well and Nyla had a very good performance. Jayda struggled early and then found her footing. Solid win!

Next years class looks good we have 2 good guards and 2 front line players coming in. We have a 6’4” Australian coming in that will be interesting. Most of the Australian players already here are good players.

Hearing that our 2025 recruiting is looking good.
I know one of the most coveted players was courtside at the BC game. Johnson was there with three fellow Sacred Heart players. She was having a pretty good time!!

Reactions: KozmasAgain
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT