ADVERTISEMENT

Line is down to -1

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
The line started out as -3.5 for FSU. Then it went to -2.5, -2, -1.5 and now -1. By kickoff it may be even. But you wouldn't know it from all the ESPN pundits. Now I know I shouldn't let it bother me that they all are picking FSU but the reasons they give is really what bugs me. Take tonight for example. At halftime of the Houston/Cincinnati game they made their picks for big games Saturday. Both guys said there was too much athleticism on the field for FSU. That's just not true for one thing but if it was, it would a very small advantage. Now FSU has a better roster full of athletes but only 11 guys play at a time. They're treating Louisville like we're a C-USA team and that's what causes my ire.

Yesterday, they had a entire 10 minute video session showing Jackson's incomplete passes against Syracuse. Then they talk about the "Dudes" FSU has on defense. Well, the Cards have their own dudes on defense but that's barely mentioned. Again, it's like Louisville is a mid-major only ranked #10 because of Lamar Jackson.

All week it has been Jackson has to show it against a real defense, but they have to know he threw for over 300 yards and 3 TD's last year against FSU. That doesn't count? Now that he's a sophomore with a big improvement of the playbook, he's still not convinced these experts of what he can do against a real defense? What about what he did against Texas A&M and their defense? That doesn't count? These pundits have no problem being confident that FSU's freshman QB will be fine despite the fact this will be his first road game.

It's my conclusion that every single ESPN pundit wants FSU to win. They don't want Louisville mucking up the FSU/Clemson game. Now I haven't heard anything from Herbstreit or Desmond Howard but I believe they both will pick FSU as well. And that's okay. I just wonder if they have the same reasons.

Again, I know some here will deride me on this post but that's okay. They might end up being right and that's a big reason why I'm uneasy and typing all of this tonight. It's been a great week and I love all the hype about the team and Lamar Jackson. I just want so bad for the college football media to accept that Louisville has the "DUDES" that it takes to win at this level. I guess we have to win Saturday to make that happen.

The game is basically a pick 'em. Too close to call. I'll say this- from what I've gathered, FSU fans think this is a W. I've never been more confident heading into a FSU game than I am now, however.

FSU, with two O line starters out and their All American safety out, is very close to Louisville in the betting lines.

if the Noles can slow Lamar some, they have a chance to keep it close.

Reactions: CardMonarch
I think it opened Cards -1,moved 4,5 points in early betting to FSU-3.5 and is now moving back towards a pick em game...which is what it opened at.My guess is it goes off around FSU -1.5 to 2.

FSU, with two O line starters out and their All American safety out, is very close to Louisville in the betting lines.

The two ols, both guards, will play Saturday.

Reactions: American Male

Both OLine starters are back healthy and will play. FSU will have its five 1st String OLinemen starting.

When we were CUSA ESPN loved us as a weeknight draw.

Since then we have gotten used to them dissing us.

Its no big deal and I really enjoy making them look ignorant and foolish.

Especially the Sugar Bowl. They looked like they had been covering soccer all year. Clueless. :p

Reactions: Mayoman
Brian Burns is decent against the run...but against a 4.3 QB, Sweat would have a step...

Let the pundits pick and say what they want. Makes no difference whether they're right or wrong. Mike Mayock said Bridgewater was no better than a 3rd round pick in most drafts and that Manziel basically hung the moon. Did it cost him his job? Nope, he's still making draft prognostications for NBC.

I don't blame them for picking FSU. It's an elite team and program loaded with 4-5 star studs 2 deep at every position. Their talented depth has been the difference in games with us the last 2 seasons. We led both games at halftime.

We want to be like them. Tomorrow we find out how close we are. Vegas says we're damn close. I'm good with that.

Reactions: Mayoman
Let the pundits pick and say what they want. Makes no difference whether they're right or wrong. Mike Mayock said Bridgewater was no better than a 3rd round pick in most drafts and that Manziel basically hung the moon. Did it cost him his job? Nope, he's still making draft prognostications for NBC.

I don't blame them for picking FSU. It's an elite team and program loaded with 4-5 star studs 2 deep at every position. Their talented depth has been the difference in games with us the last 2 seasons. We led both games at halftime.

We want to be like them. Tomorrow we find out how close we are. Vegas says we're damn close. I'm good with that.
Sweat is in Louisville and will play tomorrow.

Reactions: atiba
Tomorrow can be or will be an important game in U of L's football history, especially when we win. However I think we will truly be recognized as a good football program when you don't hear guys like David Pollock or Jesse Palmer or other ESPN broadcasters say things like "how did the SEC let Jackson get away" or how come he's not at Alabama or FSU? When the answer is he or whoever wants to contend for a NC that's why he went to U of L, we will get respect.

Jackson has 50% completion percentage against who again? TIFWIW, passing Qbs win games, not running QBs. Noles will have their starting 5 Oline for the first time all year. Not only that James is out but Andrews, who's a SR will replace him. Andrews has played in almost every game since his freshman year. Missed the first two games this year due to calf injury.

FSU specializes in stopping offense like the Cards run. Thats what their defense is built to do.

The match up no one is talking about is how will the Cards stop FSU offense. Considering the way FSU can control the clock. Louisville running hurry up offense only hurts their defense. Especially on a turnover or quick score.

Its most believable to think that FSU makes more defensive stops than the Cards will.. Even if it only one.

Louisville 31
Seminoles 41

Jackson has 50% completion percentage against who again? TIFWIW, passing Qbs win games, not running QBs. Noles will have their starting 5 Oline for the first time all year. Not only that James is out but Andrews, who's a SR will replace him. Andrews has played in almost every game since his freshman year. Missed the first two games this year due to calf injury.

FSU specializes in stopping offense like the Cards run. Thats what their defense is built to do.

The match up no one is talking about is how will the Cards stop FSU offense. Considering the way FSU can control the clock. Louisville running hurry up offense only hurts their defense. Especially on a turnover or quick score.

Its most believable to think that FSU makes more defensive stops than the Cards will.. Even if it only one.

Louisville 31
Seminoles 41

For 2016:

Jackson has a 59.7% completion percentage, avg. 11.2 yds., for 697 yards with 7 TDs and 1 INT. 188.1 QBR
Jackson has 32 rushes for 318 yards (avg. 9.9 yards), with 7 TDs.
Jackson Total: 1015 combined yards for 13 TDs.

Francois has a 69% completion percentage, avg. 8.1 yds., for 681 yards with 5 TDs and 1 INT. 154.4 QBR.
Francois has 15 rushes for 56 yards (avg. 3.7 yds.) with 0 TDs.
Cook has 34 rushes for 174 yards (avg. 5.1 yds.) with 2 TDS.
Francois and Cook Total: 911 combined yards for 3 TDs.

Ho hum...........best defense wins the game. That's usually how it goes in big games like this one.

Alabama, Ohio State, FSU and Clemson get a lot of recognition for their offenses. Truth is they all have killer D's too. Just wait and see. FSU's back ups would be starters on most teams.

FSU 35
Cards 24

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT