ADVERTISEMENT

Lets debate. Pass or Malik. Who is the starter

50 yds per game, one total TO, 0.009 completion %? Really? That's what you're gonna hang your hat on?

You guys are more desperate to find improvement than I thought...

Offense scoring 2 TDs more per game ....

Always can count on you to cherry pick your stats....

Reactions: rh62531
You know kinda like your wife or girlfriend bitching about stuff and never offering any solutions to whatever is making them unhappy other than to have you simply change your ways.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

No, I don't know. Sounds like you should have never married the bitch. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
You’re right, Zipp. Let’s fire these clowns (they must be clowns, because they were hired by a clown, who is a clown because he was hired by a clown, who is a clown because HE was hired by the clown show). Let’s bring back Bobby and Nick! It’s was unfair to fire them, right? They did such a great job. Especially Nick, who would have been at least an NFL OC if he wasn’t doing his dad a favor and helping out. Yep, you got it figured out. Thanks!
All I recall are the narratives in this space about how poorly coach the QBs were. Only to find stats that one-third of the way thru this season aren't much different than last year's.

Same small group of experts who told me that Mike Summers would fix the O-line.

Same group who told me that Grantham wouldn't be missed,

And the same damn group who actually said we could be better offensively with a pass-first QB running the offense.

I love talking to experts...

Offense scoring 2 TDs more per game ....

Always can count on you to cherry pick your stats....
That's 1.5 TDs per game. And I don't recall you reporting QB turnovers or SOS stats.

Talk about "cherry picking".

Here's another so far unreported stat...

Total defense for Teams 1-4 on last year's schedule? AVG RANK 36th for the FBS teams, and 89th for Indiana State in FCS.

Teams 1-4 this year to date? 76th for the three FBS teams, and 25th for EKU.

There's no winning with these FCS games! :p

Last edited:
50 yds per game, one total TO, 0.009 completion %? Really? That's what you're gonna hang your hat on?

You guys are more desperate to find improvement than I thought...

LoL
You cannot b serious.
Lets meet up on campus and ask players that played last season if theres any improvement.
Are you high...........

LoL
You cannot b serious.
Lets meet up on campus and ask players that played last season if theres any improvement.
Are you high...........
Hang on... Are you suggesting that THIS year's guys are gonna give us straight-up answers on this-year-vs-last-year questions? How stupid do you think they are?

And are we now competing on an interview basis? Why not ask them if they're better players than last year? Or smarter? Or bigger, stronger, and faster?

Maybe if they think they're better than the other team, we can simply record it as a win.

LOL..............

An increase of 10 PPG is pretty significant.

Now, if somebody wants to argue it's due to reasons other than the QB, that might.... MIGHT have some merit.

Reactions: zipp
No, the offensive line went right, Malik turned right, and the RB went left. I noticed this when I rewatched the game. I just don't remember which back was in at the time. Originally I thought Malik at first as well, but I will say, that play probably would have been a first down and who knows what happens from there.

You were right, every single linemen and Malik went right, Hall went left. Unfortunate thing is Hall just started to pick up, busting off some really good runs.

Reactions: FlavRunit
Well the staff last year was not ACC quality and was overpaid so it makes sense that we are a more effective and efficient team this year. Now we need to elevate the talent level and positional depth.

Reactions: BPGhost
That's 1.5 TDs per game. And I don't recall you reporting QB turnovers or SOS stats.

Talk about "cherry picking".

Here's another so far unreported stat...

Total defense for Teams 1-4 on last year's schedule? AVG RANK 36th for the FBS teams, and 89th for Indiana State in FCS.

Teams 1-4 this year to date? 76th for the three FBS teams, and 25th for EKU.

There's no winning with these FCS games! :p

121 points / 4 games = 30.25 ppg
68 points / 4 games = 17 ppg

Difference is 13.25 ppg, hence my 2 TDs per game comment.

Strength of schedule definitely does matter. Virginia’s 2018 defense is better than FSU’s so far in 2019. And Alabama’s defense got better as the 2018 season went on, until Clemson exposed them. Notre Dame’s defense will likely improve too as the young linebackers gain experience.

As far as strength of schedule based stats comparisons go, let’s revisit this once the regular season is complete. The toughest part of UofL’s 2019 schedule is coming up, and if we’re still averaging 30 ppg after Thanksgiving, we will have our answer as to whether this offense and the QB’s that are running it are more effective and better coached.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoulSr
by all accounts, the coaching has improved noticeably on all fronts...this can be illustrated by stats (as Zipp has demonstrated), the eye test (subjective, but important), player reports (similar to coach talk, they always can spin it...but it seems to be improvement in attitude as well as reports), and non-biased reports from third parties...I get the agenda of some to rehash and balance our expectations and judgment; but this environment is starkly different and requires new perspective. though many of us are a bit stuck in how we view the situation due to lack of flexible thinking or pure stubbornness...it's ok though, we all have that uncle.

An increase of 10 PPG is pretty significant.

Now, if somebody wants to argue it's due to reasons other than the QB, that might.... MIGHT have some merit.
Exactly. My analysis accounted ONLY for QB play directly. That's what this thread is supposed to be about...

by all accounts, the coaching has improved noticeably on all fronts...this can be illustrated by stats (as Zipp has demonstrated), the eye test (subjective, but important), player reports (similar to coach talk, they always can spin it...but it seems to be improvement in attitude as well as reports), and non-biased reports from third parties...I get the agenda of some to rehash and balance our expectations and judgment; but this environment is starkly different and requires new perspective. though many of us are a bit stuck in how we view the situation due to lack of flexible thinking or pure stubbornness...it's ok though, we all have that uncle.
I've said numerous times that I like Satterfield and what I see. That doesn't mean I can make a strong case objectively for his improvement and chances for program success.

The improvement on defense is IMO the most significant change. And how surprising is that considering Petrino's history with defense and defensive staff? Calling this defense better is really damning by faint praise. I wanna wait to give it a little better analysis than that. Unfortunately, the schedule so far doesn't lend itself to doing that yet.

And of course, when I see evidence that shoots down the premature and offbase narratives of football experts in this space--like the subject of QB coaching--I'm gonna beat that drum. It's what I do...

Last edited:
I've said numerous times that I like Satterfield and what I see. That doesn't mean I can make a string case objectively for his improvement and chances for program success.

The improvement on defense is IMO the most significant change. And how surprising is that considering Petrino's history with defense and defensive staff? Calling this defense better is really damning by faint praise. I wanna wait to give it a little better analysis than that. Unfortunately, the schedule so far doesn't lend itself to doing that yet.

And of course, when I see evidence that shoots down the premature and offbase narratives of football experts in this space--like the subject of QB coaching--I'm gonna beat that drum. It's what I do...

You make some valid points here. ;) I hope us "experts" can prove you wrong at the end of the season. :D If it's the other way.....I'm outta here. :eek:

Reactions: zipp
Pretty good confirmation of what NICK Petrino was working with...

Nick’s advantage was he had his daddy to help him work with the qbs, and I doubt anyone can argue Bobby’s successful history with the qb position, but my question was always “is nick Petrino really qualified to be our qb Coach?” I would say no.

Pass played a few years under Bobby and nick, and neither was successful at grooming him, he has looked better this year despite his turnovers, and played well against a very good Notre Dame team, unfortunately he suffered an injury which has limited his play. Malik on the other hand has been light years better than his one year under the previous regime. His second half passing against FSU was a pleasant surprise.

Malik is probably Louisville's best option right now and that's a serious problem.
No, I don't know. Sounds like you should have never married the bitch. Hope this helps.

You are far too negative. You’d complain if you were about to hang and they were going to use new rope, “that new rope is going to hurt my neck”! Quit your bitchin’.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

I've said numerous times that I like Satterfield and what I see. That doesn't mean I can make a strong case objectively for his improvement and chances for program success.

The defensive improvement is very unsurprising, since the very large majority of the problem was lack of effort by that unit after the FSU game. The lack of effort was mentioned repeatedly last year by Alex Kupper, and was cited by Vince Tyra when he decided to fire Petrino after the Syracuse game last year. This staff has also mentioned repeatedly how much of their time was spent during the last nine months getting all 11 players on defense to swarm to the football. Their liberal substitution patterns, the movement of cornerbacks to safety and linebacker spots, and the movement of linebackers to defensive line all point to getting maximum speed and effort to the play as quickly as possible.

Recruiting bigger players on defense is probably one of the biggest mistakes Petrino made as a coach this time around. Eventually, we ended up with a slow defense.

Reactions: rh62531
The defensive improvement is very unsurprising, since the very large majority of the problem was lack of effort by that unit after the FSU game. The lack of effort was mentioned repeatedly last year by Alex Kupper, and was cited by Vince Tyra when he decided to fire Petrino after the Syracuse game last year. This staff has also mentioned repeatedly how much of their time was spent during the last nine months getting all 11 players on defense to swarm to the football. Their liberal substitution patterns, the movement of cornerbacks to safety and linebacker spots, and the movement of linebackers to defensive line all point to getting maximum speed and effort to the play as quickly as possible.

Recruiting bigger players on defense is probably one of the biggest mistakes Petrino made as a coach this time around. Eventually, we ended up with a slow defense.

Speaking of defense, the Brian Van Gorder defense at Bowling Green University is ummm....not good.

All I recall are the narratives in this space about how poorly coach the QBs were. Only to find stats that one-third of the way thru this season aren't much different than last year's.

Same small group of experts who told me that Mike Summers would fix the O-line.

Same group who told me that Grantham wouldn't be missed,

And the same damn group who actually said we could be better offensively with a pass-first QB running the offense.

I love talking to experts...
Just “connecting the dots”. Unless, of course, your arguments in various threads have no common logic or theme. Then it does no good to connect the dots, because there are none.

He loves talking to the experts. Translated: he loves talking to himself because he is the only expert on this board.....especially one that will agree with his takes. LoL

Tool for a fool. Gotta love it...takes all kinds to make the world go around. I didn't mention any names....so we shall see who is the one who self identifies by responding to this post. Stalker that he is.

Reactions: gocds
I'm still in disbelief that these are the 2 best QB's that Petrino could recruit after Lamar. I just shake my head at both of them. Hoping to God that Chubba or Webb can unseat either of them.

I'm still in disbelief that these are the 2 best QB's that Petrino could recruit after Lamar. I just shake my head at both of them. Hoping to God that Chubba or Webb can unseat either of them.

One of them will more than likely leave.
Im guessing Pass

Stop beating yourself up. It's because of Nick Petrino. Experts here have told me that...

Nick Petrino is now the qb coach and co-offensive coordinator at UT-Martin. He is no longer under his father’s tutelage. Here are the qb stats through the first four games for ut-martin:

Comp - 69/113 61%
Yards pass per game - 203.5 per game
Tds- 4
Ints - 3
Fumb- 1
Sacks - 11
Total Yds Off per game - 320 (i included this number because nick is listed as co-off coordinator)

No eye popping stats here, doubt those numbers are going to get the kid back to Division 1. Here’s a thought though, we can actually be fair to Nick and our coaches and let them have at least a season to see what they can do with their respective teams before we start these pointless comparisons between the two.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT