ADVERTISEMENT

Lets debate. Pass or Malik. Who is the starter

KerryRhodes

15000+
Dec 15, 2007
If both are 100%.

Some say the Cards win if Pass had played Saturday.

Had the defense shown up in the first quarter, Cards probably win.

Malik is just green.
Pass is a 4th year junior

Id lean Malik.
He just has to get the ball out faster.

What say you?

Does anyone know status of Malik? He was hurt on the last play and was supposedly carted off field?

His dad said twisted ankle last night on twitter. I've not read anything today. We shall see????

Reactions: gocds
Malik has been more consistently effective, in my opinion. 61% completions versus 52%. Almost exactly the same number of completions, but Cunningham has 429 yards passing to Pass’s 330. Both with 4 TDs versus 1 INT. Jawon is rushing for a little higher average (5.2 ypr versus 3.4). If Jawon could ever become more accurate on his throws, he would be a great QB.

Hard to compare the stats considering Pass had to go up against that ND front D, and Malik didn't play a snap in that one.

Yes, they played different teams, but we have two years of data now that shows Cunningham’s completion percentage is higher than Pass’s.

Yes, they played different teams, but we have two years of data now that shows Cunningham’s completipercentage is higher than Pass’s.

Malik avoided Bama last year also. The stats are a bit skewed. Not quite a full 2 years to go on either.

I don't see too much separation they both have injury history.

I'd say Pass has the better pocket presence, but Malik is obviously craftier and quicker. Neither are great passers. From a pure entertainment perspective, I'd say Malik, but we are trying to win games here. I'm leaning Pass.

Malik looked great second half besides the interception and it looked like he was responsible on the busted play when it was second and 2 late in game. Hard to call but I’d have to say Malik. His second half passing should help to keep defenses honest regarding the run. He’s got to stay consistent though.

I'm not sure how much longer Malik can play QB physically.

If you want the guy to finish the season healthy, I think you HAVE to start playing Pass at QB most of the time and Malik at other positions with maybe some spot duty at QB...

Malik was supposed to he the backup to the 4th year junior.
Pass is way more inconsistent than Malik.
12 days till the next game.
The competition in practice should be fierce for the starting spot.

Malik looked great second half besides the interception and it looked like he was responsible on the busted play when it was second and 2 late in game. Hard to call but I’d have to say Malik. His second half passing should help to keep defenses honest regarding the run. He’s got to stay consistent though.

On Satterfield’s postgame interview, he said the running back went the wrong way on the busted play.

it seems the C-Satts likes to ride the hot hand so wouldn't surprise me that either could start and not finish the game. imho, if malik shows better downfield throws, he's probably gives more options to move the ball.

Malik is probably Louisville's best option right now and that's a serious problem.

Sooooo, what’s your solution? Complaining about something and not offering a solution is defined as only “nagging”. You know kinda like your wife or girlfriend bitching about stuff and never offering any solutions to whatever is making them unhappy other than to have you simply change your ways. We have 3 QBs so I’d say that CSS only has 3 options. He has chosen two of them as solutions. He’ll chose the one that he thinks, as a highly paid HC, will do the best job for our football program. His choice will be based on his past experience and not which one he’s not pissed off at (unlike Petrino). I, for one, will support these kids and CSS’s decision.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Gotcha, It’s hard to tell when you aren’t in the huddle lol, it seemed everyone was going the way the rb actually went. That was a killer.

No, the offensive line went right, Malik turned right, and the RB went left. I noticed this when I rewatched the game. I just don't remember which back was in at the time. Originally I thought Malik at first as well, but I will say, that play probably would have been a first down and who knows what happens from there.

I think Pass, not that I have a strong argument for or against anyone other than to not start a true Freshman when there is no compelling reason to...it seems like the injury situation will define the starter anyway; having said that, IF they are both good to go, there was a reason Pass got the start at the beginning of the season so he should be starting now...neither has separated themselves; I wouldn't be upset with situational subing.

I think Pass, not that I have a strong argument for or against anyone other than to not start a true Freshman when there is no compelling reason to..

Cunningham had the best half of passing of either against FSU(2nd half). But Pass seems to go through the progressions and checkdowns better. Seeing Cunningham in the pocket reminds me of Reggie Bonnafon at QB; you can almost see his head spinning inside his helmet while trying to figure out who to throw to. I don't care who starts against BC; I don't see either option having a clear advantage over the other. I assume CSS is going to play whichever QB is going to make the fewest mistakes(fumbles, INTs, delay of game).

Funny how this thread doesn't seem to be converging on the underlying explanation. Last year's problem at the QB position was coaching...

Sports_Taylors10_NickPetrino_CourtesyOfJodyDemling-800x450.jpg

Zipp, I believe we would like to live in today's world. Try it sometime, ya might like it. :confused:
Actually, I love today's world accompanied by a clear memory of explanations for how we got here. And a memory of WHO presented those explanations. It's mostly why I'm here...

Actually, I love today's world accompanied by a clear memory of explanations for how we got here. And a memory of WHO presented those explanations. It's mostly why I'm here...

Man if you can not see the improvements in both Pass’ and Cunningham’s play, there is no hope for you. Let’s not leave out the fact that CSS recruited neither of the two.

2018 QB statistics:
210-394-15 (53.3%) 2533 yards, 10 TDs. Efficiency rating: 108.06

2019 QB Statistics:
52-93-2 (55.9%) 849 yards, 9 TDs. Efficiency rating: 160.20
Here are stats for the first four games each season for the QBs...

Comp %: 0.545
TDs: 4
TOs: 7
Yds Offense: 217 ypg
Avg. opp. RPI: 94 (year end)

Comp %: 0.554
TDs: 10
TOs: 6
Yds Offense: 270 ypg
Avg. opp. RPI: 102

Other than TDs, you're gonna have to point out where there has been any significant improvement considering we had such lousy QB coaching last year and such great coaching this year. To help this year's stats, I including Conley's...

Other than TDs, you're gonna have to point out where there has been any significant improvement considering we had such lousy QB coaching last year and such great coaching this year. To help this year's stats, I including Conley's...

What am I supposed to point out, other than that we are better in every statistic in 2019? Fewer TO’s, more TD’s, significantly more yards, and how about 121 points scored through 4 games this year compared with 68 through 4 games in 2018?

Not a big dog in the fight but the 1st D improvement is significant, they have been pretty consistent the 1st month moving the chains.

I don't know shit about the QB coaching factor - just to get that out of the way.

What am I supposed to point out, other than that we are better in every statistic in 2019? Fewer TO’s, more TD’s, significantly more yards, and how about 121 points scored through 4 games this year compared with 68 through 4 games in 2018?
50 yds per game, one total TO, 0.009 completion %? Really? That's what you're gonna hang your hat on?

You guys are more desperate to find improvement than I thought...

Not a big dog in the fight but the 1st D improvement is significant, they have been pretty consistent the 1st month moving the chains.

I don't know shit about the QB coaching factor - just to get that out of the way.
Yeah, and that should help the offensive stats BTW. Thanks for mentioning it...

50 yds per game, one total TO, 0.009 completion %? Really? That's what you're gonna hang your hat on?

You guys are more desperate to find improvement than I thought...
Someone’s desperate in this scenario - that’s for sure. :rolleyes:

You’re right, Zipp. Let’s fire these clowns (they must be clowns, because they were hired by a clown, who is a clown because he was hired by a clown, who is a clown because HE was hired by the clown show). Let’s bring back Bobby and Nick! It’s was unfair to fire them, right? They did such a great job. Especially Nick, who would have been at least an NFL OC if he wasn’t doing his dad a favor and helping out. Yep, you got it figured out. Thanks!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT