ADVERTISEMENT

Lance to transfer.

Pitino made 25% more U of L money last year than Mack did. He had two national championships and about a half dozen Final Fours. Mack hasn't scratched any of that.

Past tense....he only has one now.....why is that?
This money statement makes no sense. And Mack hasn't brought any disgrace to the school either....so he hasn't scratched that either.

Z: I don't know that an elite coach would be spinning his wheels like Mack is at this point. Would Wright or Donovan bring recruits in immediately? We know that Mack isn't.

I agree...you don't know and neither does anyone else at this point in time. Too premature to tell whether Mack will add any more recruits this year. Cake is still baking.

Z: And that was the main issue Mack's defenders were giving a few months ago for needing to dump Padgett immediately and not retaining him or bringing in a short term guy like Davenport. If I'm not getting that, why did I hire Mack?

How many folks have you hired at UofL? News to me and this board that you are hiring personnel there.:)
And again, it is way too early to know what Mack will be adding to the team or not for the upcoming season. At least it won't be a player like Bowen who CRP said UofL spent not one dime recruiting.
And how did that work out for ya?:confused::oops::rolleyes:o_O

Z: Of course, I didn't hire him or feel compelled to. This guy did...

schnatter%20%20tyra%20-%20reduced%20size_zpszibsmtu1.jpg

No one knows who the omnipotent junior master would hire now do they?

Once sufficient time goes by....Mack's and Tyra's track record will be established. Too judge now is fools gold.....don't let that stop you as I know it won't, you are all knowing and never wrong.....don't believe me, just ask you.

Reactions: HRTheCard
Pitino made 25% more U of L money last year than Mack did. He had two national championships and about a half dozen Final Fours. Mack hasn't scratched any of that.
Past tense....he only has one now.....why is that? This money statement makes no sense. And Mack hasn't brought any disgrace to the school either....so he hasn't scratched that either.
Pitino has TWO national championships. The clown show removed an NCAA banner, an action that no one but a small faction of Pitino haters agrees with. (It validates their hate...) U of L paid Pitino around $5 million; Mack's salary is $4 million.
I don't know that an elite coach would be spinning his wheels like Mack is at this point. Would Wright or Donovan bring recruits in immediately? We know that Mack isn't.
I agree...you don't know and neither does anyone else at this point in time. Too premature to tell whether Mack will add any more recruits this year. Cake is still baking.
Not sure what your point is here... We know that no elite coach could have done worse than Mack as far as recruiting because he's done nothing. Whether he lands another recruit at this point, it's pretty clear that the sought-after guys are gone. The best he's gonna do is simply fill roster spots.
And that was the main issue Mack's defenders were giving a few months ago for needing to dump Padgett immediately and not retaining him or bringing in a short term guy like Davenport. If I'm not getting that, why did I hire Mack?
How many folks have you hired at UofL? News to me and this board that you are hiring personnel there. And again, it is way too early to know what Mack will be adding to the team or not for the upcoming season. At least it won't be a player like Bowen who CRP said UofL spent not one dime recruiting. And how did that work out for ya?
That first part's a deflection, and you're better than that... I, you, we, they...you pick the pronoun you want and answer the question on point. One thing we know is Mack's not adding a quality guy at this point; they've all committed.

As far as Bowen, were you one of the guys cheering on his commitment last year at this time? Are you hoping that Mack goes after 5-star kids? I wasn't and still don't. That was Pitino's undoing, but that hardly reflects positively on Mack. It's irrelevant. Pitino haters simply can't get off his nutsack.
Of course, I didn't hire him or feel compelled to. This guy did...
No one knows who the omnipotent junior master would hire now do they?

Once sufficient time goes by....Mack's and Tyra's track record will be established. Too judge now is fools gold.....don't let that stop you as I know it won't, you are all knowing and never wrong.....don't believe me, just ask you.
Not sure who the "omnipotent junior master" refers to. The appropriate reference in this context is the AD, so you're apparently talking about Jurich. If you're trying to hammer him, good luck with that. Jurich's hiring record is about as exemplary as you can find. Only prior regime haters debate that.

And I don't know what I suddenly did to bust your chops, Mayo, but it's fine if you wanna enlighten me. All I do is speak my mind about what I see, and I don't give a rat's a$$ if it offends anyone. If I've offended you, I'm sorry you're offended...

Last edited:
I am not offended. There is a lot that you say that others just flat out disagree with but are not going to waste their time disputing with you.

That you did not pick up on the sarcasm of "omnipotent junior master" does not surprise me.....but it was not about Jurich at all. Look in the mirror.

I do not hate TJ, Pitino, or even you. I dislike what Pitino has done to this school though. Hate the sin not the sinner. And whining about matters is so boring and unbecoming of the whiner.....it gets trite and nervy.

You haven't offended me....you have baffled me, and at times surprised me at some of the stuff you post and say in your thought processes....like many you do not like those who disagree with your take and will go to great lengths to weave your spin or prove your wisdom.....at times to the point that it is quite predictable and amusing. Recognizing sarcasm is often difficult over the message board system. :confused:;)

All I am saying to you is 1 or 2 months is NOT enough time to fairly evaluate any coaches performance.....and we can agree to disagree about that.;):p

I don't know that an elite coach would be spinning his wheels like Mack is at this point. Would Wright or Donovan bring recruits in immediately? We know that Mack isn't.

And that was the main issue Mack's defenders were giving a few months ago for needing to dump Padgett immediately and not retaining him or bringing in a short term guy like Davenport. If I'm not getting that, why did I hire Mack?

Of course, I didn't hire him or feel compelled to. This guy did...

schnatter%20%20tyra%20-%20reduced%20size_zpszibsmtu1.jpg

main-qimg-2830012073a477013a617f0d850fddee-c

Reactions: Chapman123
...All I am saying to you is 1 or 2 months is NOT enough time to fairly evaluate any coaches performance...
It is when the guy coming in was supposed to have an immediate impact and is paid a lot more money than the guy you just dumped. And now we coincidentally have rhetoric that next year will be a "lost year".

The rest of your post is just opinion based mostly in disagreement with what I post. Shooting the messenger...

Reactions: nccardfan
It is when the guy coming in was supposed to have an immediate impact and is paid a lot more money than the guy you just dumped.

The rest of your post is just opinion based mostly in disagreement with what I post. Shooting the messenger...

Typical Bull Chips from you. When you take an unfair stand that others disagree with you deflect, obfuscate, or ignore rather than affirm there just might be something to that POV.

Most all posts are just opinion. And opinions are like a..holes.....we all have one and they usually stink.

You shoot the messenger a lot.....and don't like it when others shoot back with another way of looking at the facts that varies from your way. Imagine that. Have a great day sir. Peace be with you.

...You shoot the messenger a lot.....and don't like it when others shoot back with another way of looking at the facts that varies from your way. Imagine that. Have a great day sir. Peace be with you.
I simply return serve like any good tennis player. Crucify me...

Reactions: Chapman123
We know that no elite coach could have done worse than Mack as far as recruiting because he's done nothing.

This is not a fact based statement.

Mack retained the 3 top FR from prior year in an era where hundreds of players transfer each season....and Mack added an experienced PG Cunningham, who left his last stop as the all-time leader in assists.

This is not "nothing" - this is you replacing facts with your agenda of running the guy down prior to him coaching a single game because you do not like the current administration.

False statements don't strengthen arguments.

This is not a fact based statement.

Mack retained the 3 top FR from prior year in an era where hundreds of players transfer each season....and Mack added an experienced PG Cunningham, who left his last stop as the all-time leader in assists.

This is not "nothing" - this is you replacing facts with your agenda of running the guy down prior to him coaching a single game because you do not like the current administration.

False statements don't strengthen arguments.
Does "almost nothing" bridge our gap?

I'd argue that for $4 million, I had pretty good reason NOT to expect the disaster scenario alternative to what you're describing above.

It's not worth my time researching it, but Cunningham was reportedly the SECOND best transfer on the Samford team. That's Samford, not Stanford. And again, for $4 million?

Sorry, those are the "facts" I see...

Does "almost nothing" bridge our gap?

I'd argue that for $4 million, I had pretty good reason NOT to expect the disaster scenario alternative to what you're describing above.

It's not worth my time researching it, but Cunningham was reportedly the SECOND best transfer on the Samford team. That's Samford, not Stanford. And again, for $4 million?

Sorry, those are the "facts" I see...

Maturing-is-realizing-how-many-things-dont-require-your-opinion.jpg

IRT recruiting.....I don't hear the fat lady singing yet....it ain't over til its over so says Yogi Berra... When does CBB season start again?

That 4 mil is for a whole season...is it not? Methinks he will be working hard to earn it and the chips will fall where they may.

CCM has walked into a hornets nest...one that will take time to fix. Those who think its easy have likely never accomplished much in their lives but love to criticize those who have rolled up their sleeves to fix a terrible problem in a hostile environment created by their predecessor. Fair enough....don't hear him complaining.

HIs pay is fair market value and saves UofL 3 mil over you know who. What a bargain.

Or the 900,000k bargain could still be here and no one knows how that would work out in the coming years either. I do know this.....If you pay cheap...you get cheap returns.

Last edited:
I had pretty good reason NOT to expect the disaster .

When scandal hits a program, disaster immediately follows. Mass transfers are expected. Heavy losing is expected. Rosters spots are filled with lesser pedigrees. The salary of whoever is hired doesn't impact those immediate realities.

I'm surprised any of last year's FR stayed. I thought they'd all bounce - I was wrong.

I wish they didn't fire Pitino or Jurich. I also wish they played Bowen.

That doesn't mean I need to skew the reality of the situation Mack has inherited.

IRT recruiting.....I don't hear the fat lady singing yet....it ain't over til its over so says Yogi Berra... When does CBB season start again?

That 4 mil is for a whole season...is it not? Methinks he will be working hard to earn it and the chips will fall where they may.

CCM has walked into a hornets nest...one that will take time to fix. Those who think its easy have likely never accomplished much in their lives but love to criticize those who have rolled up their sleeves to fix a terrible problem in a hostile environment created by their predecessor. Fair enough....don't hear him complaining.

HIs pay is fair market value and saves UofL 3 mil over you know who. What a bargain.

Or the 900,000k bargain could still be here and no one knows how that would work out in the coming years either. I do know this.....If you pay cheap...you get cheap returns.
Most of the 2018 recruiting season is over. All of the best kids have committed. We got the 2nd best kid from Samford.

Mack's pay isn't conditional on what he does. IIRC almost none of it is incentive based. He's collected around $700,000 already for whatever it is he's done. (And some complained about Chuck Smrt...)

None of us know what any of us has done to earn what we have made. "Likely never accomplished much in their lives" is a pretty broad brush without a lotta knowledge behind it.

U of L is saving $1 million with Mack vs. Pitino. And they're spending $3 million more vs. Padgett...

When scandal hits a program, disaster immediately follows. Mass transfers are expected. Heavy losing is expected. Rosters spots are filled with lesser pedigrees. The salary of whoever is hired doesn't impact those immediate realities.

I'm surprised any of last year's FR stayed. I thought they'd all bounce - I was wrong.

I wish they didn't fire Pitino or Jurich. I also wish they played Bowen.

That doesn't mean I need to skew the reality of the situation Mack has inherited.
I don't recognize much of that as reality.

And we never should have recruited Bowen, much less played him. Although had it not been for legal issues with Pitino and Jurich, he probably would have played...

Most of the 2018 recruiting season is over. All of the best kids have committed. We got the 2nd best kid from Samford.

M:Still don't hear the fat lady singing yet. Most is not all. If by 'best kids' you mean highly rated....you are likely right...but ther are other definitions of best kids....maybe a better fit, or shudder to think L1C4 kids within the city or state.

Mack's pay isn't conditional on what he does. IIRC almost none of it is incentive based. He's collected around $700,000 already for whatever it is he's done. (And some complained about Chuck Smrt...)

M:Since you don't know what he has done.....that makes it a bad thing for him? Another case of ignorance is bliss maybe.

None of us know what any of us has done to earn what we have made. "Likely never accomplished much in their lives" is a pretty broad brush without a lotta knowledge behind it.

M:Struck a nerve though didn't it? If you only measure accomplishments by money made then you don't and wouldn't understand.

U of L is saving $1 million with Mack vs. Pitino. And they're spending $3 million more vs. Padgett...

M:Still a savings without the disgrace. And remind me who wanted Padgett to get the gig? Being cheaper is not being better suited for the job.

M:Still a savings without the disgrace. And remind me who wanted Padgett to get the gig? Being cheaper is not being better suited for the job.
Considering Mack so far is performing more in line with Padgett than Pitino, his pay should be closer to the former and not the latter...

Considering Mack so far is performing more in line with Padgett than Pitino, his pay should be closer to the former and not the latter...

Maybe he'll be able to perform that way with more time and not a scandal on his back that your best friends provided. Boo whoo. Zipp keeps crying. What a surprise!

This thread started with Lance transferring and turned into this crap. Oh wow, another surprise! Not.

Reactions: Sultan__of__Swine

This is some of the dumbest $hit I’ve ever seen you post! I realize you like this role as the message board curmudgeon but this is just ridiculous and disingenuous. Really it just shows your anti-Mack agenda. We get it...you hate Tyra and therefore you must hate anyone he hires.

Reactions: HRTheCard
Maybe he'll be able to perform that way with more time and not a scandal on his back that your best friends provided. Boo whoo. Zipp keeps crying. What a surprise!

This thread started with Lance transferring and turned into this crap. Oh wow, another surprise! Not.
Mack was being heralded for keeping guys like Lance Thomas here. So you tell me, what are we supposed to be blowing smoke about?...

Mack was being heralded for keeping guys like Lance Thomas here. So you tell me, what are we supposed to be blowing smoke about?...

Perry, Williams, and Nwora aren't like Thomas.

I can say this, since I know Lance ain't reading this.

Lance is/was a scrub. The guys Mack was being heralded for keeping are not.

This is some of the dumbest $hit I’ve ever seen you post! I realize you like this role as the message board curmudgeon but this is just ridiculous and disingenuous. Really it just shows your anti-Mack agenda. We get it...you hate Tyra and therefore you must hate anyone he hires.
Padgett coached for 173 days at U of L and was obviously not the guy for the job. So far, Mack has coached for 59 days.

59 days into the job, Padgett was 6-0...

It was over BEFORE Mack arrived here.
Anyone Mack recruited to play next year would have been in the 2018 class.
Perry, Williams, and Nwora aren't like Thomas.

I can say this, since I know Lance ain't reading this.

Lance is/was a scrub. The guys Mack was being heralded for keeping are not.
Mack ain't in a position to be choosy. He now needs warm bodies.

Or put this way... If he lands a guy of the quality of Lance Thomas now, there will be "woo-hoos" in this space. That's either a double standard or a bar laying on the ground...

Padgett coached for 173 days at U of L and was obviously not the guy for the job. So far, Mack has coached for 59 days.

We’ve certainly had our differences but I think you are better and smarter than your post indicates. Just log off, relax tonight and come back stronger tomorrow!

Reactions: Sultan__of__Swine
We’ve certainly had our differences but I think you are better and smarter than your post indicates. Just log off, relax tonight and come back stronger tomorrow!
I get a chuckle from some people's logic...

We had plenty of time to evaluate Padgett, but nowhere near enough time to evaluate Mack. Can't even start the clock.

173 days v. 59 days... September 16th will be Day 173 for Mack.

And how many top 50 players were left, and how much time did he have to sell them?

Come on man.

I'm not even sure how I feel about the guy but you're off the deep end on it.
That wasn't the rhetoric two months ago...

"Go get 'em Chris!!"

That wasn't the rhetoric two months ago...

"Go get 'em Chris!!"

There's a difference between "rooting for" something, and "expecting" something.

The guy may give part of, or all of his salary back if he's disappointed in his performance his first year.

You guys still dont have Zipp on ignore? Lol. Man, it just gets old. The countless theories, the blatant hate on Mack just because he hates Tyra and the BOT while still loving and adoring the old regime. This board is supposed to be about basketball, not about theories, conspiracies, hatred, and all of that. We're supposed to be talking about recruiting, on the court stuff, practices, etc. But this entire board is always flooded with the complete opposite. It just gets old. Have I said that yet?

You guys still dont have Zipp on ignore? Lol. Man, it just gets old. The countless theories, the blatant hate on Mack just because he hates Tyra and the BOT while still loving and adoring the old regime. This board is supposed to be about basketball, not about theories, conspiracies, hatred, and all of that. We're supposed to be talking about recruiting, on the court stuff, practices, etc. But this entire board is always flooded with the complete opposite. It just gets old. Have I said that yet?
LOL, what great insights! Even slapd!cks agree with him.

Has this guy figured out yet who was for and against Bailout Arena? Someone ask because he supposedly doesn't pay attention to me.

tenor.gif

There's a difference between "rooting for" something, and "expecting" something.

The guy may give part of, or all of his salary back if he's disappointed in his performance his first year.
Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath on the last part. I'd also rather have a guy who earned the salary he was budgeted.

I also never said anything about what was expected, certainly what I expected. I pointed out that the rhetoric was one thing--"we can still get some good players"--and now it's another--"gonna take time". That's moving the target; not to mention, it's settling when you're paying for something better...

job, Padgett was 6-0...[/QUOTE]

I've got to hand it to you, that deflection was SportsCenter worthy!

Then why chastised CDP for the same reasons you are giving Mack a pass on. At least DP was L1C4. Hell Mack turned his back on his Alma Mater for 4 mill.

LOL. Then explain why he turned down Georgetown for 4 million? Ohio State? Indiana? No. He left his alma mater for his dream job. Man, some of you guys just hate no matter what. Must be miserable.

Last edited:
HR = NOT a hater.

It's comedy like this that keeps me coming back. (A clue if you don't want me here...)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT