ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Brohm's daugher attending school in Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kneeling. Really.

Good for them. Proud of them.

And even better, they cured me of the lingering effects of the loss, and have provided even more free time in the future.

The more they exercise their “rights” the more free time I get.

Times, and attitudes, change.

Reactions: luv2hit63
I noticed in basketball when we played Michigan about 6 of their girls took the knee. When it happened 2 of our players looked at each other and shocked their heads.

Reactions: luv2hit63
I know a lot of people me included who only watch college sports and I never watch pro sports. If the sports world wants to be active in sports they should be willing to take the heat for their views. There are a lot of people who don’t feel the same way about Lebron James the way they used to.
Since they are political active then all sports forums including this one is open for political discussions. However there have been people on here who don’t want it to go political.

Reactions: 2330859
I NEVER watch pro basketball. The only NFL games I watch is if Lamar Jackson is playing. Unlike lebron james, LJ does not bring his personal views into the arena. Lamar and Teddy both are great people.

Lots of dislike for the principles that this country was founded on. It’s interesting that those criticizing their fellow citizens for exercising their rights, are doing so in anonymity. Perhaps you should all let us know where you work so if we disagree with your position, we can boycott your employers.

Dark times for America…

Reactions: TDredbird
I hear about a lot of loss of interest across the country. 100 million dollar contracts for USC and LSU new coach seem to say the business is booming.

I don't think college athletics should be a million/billion whatever it is business. But that's the market. Genie out of the bottle.

Ghost: we are all products of our own experiences. I spent 6 years in the Marine Corp., and I can assure you that I was conscious then, as I am now, that I served to protect the rights identified in our Constitution and our Bill of Rights of those citizens in this country.

However, as a result of my own life in this country, and witnessing firsthand the life outside the US …..in pains me greatly to see those enjoying the precious freedoms this country affords them, to then dishonor it.

Sure, you and others have the right of both freedom of speech and the expression of dissent. At the same time, some of us have the right to express how we feel about it.

Ghost: we are all products of our own experiences. I spent 6 years in the Marine Corp., and I can assure you that I was conscious then, as I am now, that I served to protect the rights identified in our Constitution and our Bill of Rights of those citizens in this country.

However, as a result of my own life in this country, and witnessing firsthand the life outside the US …..in pains me greatly to see those enjoying the precious freedoms this country affords them, to then dishonor it.

Sure, you and others have the right of both freedom of speech and the expression of dissent. At the same time, some of us have the right to express how we feel about it.
I appreciate your post and the experiences that led you to the belief system that you have. It’s just a fundamental difference we have between what we believe “dishonors” America. I don’t believe that exercising one’s rights as an American - even when being critical - falls into that category.

America and Americans should be strong enough to weather dissent that makes them uncomfortable - and that’s what we’re primarily talking about here - particularly when it is expressed by citizens who hope to see the country continue to change and grow in a positive manner.

It’s amazing how many people I have on Ignore.

Even so, I still have a pretty good idea of what shit they continue to spew just by reading the responses.

Reactions: CardFan
I don’t have any problem with someone using their right to express their opinions but Lebron James looks like an ass with his opinions. His support of China is not only anti American but racist and bigoted. Then he hears a police officer shoots a black female and condemns him without knowing the whole story.
He shot a black female to save a black female. Lebron didn’t apologize he just took his tweet down and remained silent. Fans heckle him for his mistakes so he stops the game to have them removed. I am tired of people like Lebron who make millions of dollars in this country and then cry racism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT