ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Brohm's daugher attending school in Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, is Jeff Brohm getting ready to return home? His son will be graduating HS in Lafayette soon. He could be a Card in the fall.

So.... is Louisville's new AD going to make this happen?

Signed,
Concerned Hoosier fan who wants Jeff Brohm to go away because he is 3-1 vs IU and just embarrased us 44-7.

• Haha
Reactions: Nieman
Only way brohm is Louisville head coach next season is if duke hire satterfield and I doubt that’s happening

Only way brohm is Louisville head coach next season is if duke hire satterfield and I doubt that’s happening
Sounds like Jason Garrett is the front runner at Duke. I'm not so sure about Satterfield's future. Coaches typically don't like it or feel secure in their job when the AD who hired them quits.

Reactions: rh62531
Sounds like Jason Garrett is the front runner at Duke. I'm not so sure about Satterfield's future. Coaches typically don't like it or feel secure in their job when the AD who hired them quits.
The AD that quit was going to fire Satt until Old Nellie took control of the piggy bank and put the whammy on Brohm coming home.

• Haha
Reactions: BANNERZontheWALL
Maybe, she is just settling in Louisville early before joining the U of L Volleyball team after high school. By the way, Volleyball Cards are 3 games out from a national championship this year and are as of now undefeated. We are not just a mens FB and BB school anymore.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Maybe, she is just settling in Louisville early before joining the U of L Volleyball team after high school. By the way, Volleyball Cards are 3 games out from a national championship this year and are as of now undefeated. We are not just a mens FB and BB school anymore.
Well, we have also been a baseball, WBB, swimming, and track and field school for quite some time now. What we haven’t been is a FB and MBB school.

Coaches typically don't like it or feel secure in their job when the AD who hired them quits.
For sure... Every coach at the University has to be wringing their hands with worry right now. But especially in the revenue sports. New Presidents like to hire their own AD's and new AD's like to hire their own football and basketball coaches. No one in the athletic department could feel secure in their jobs right now.

The AD that quit was going to fire Satt until Old Nellie took control of the piggy bank and put the whammy on Brohm coming home.
Satterfields job was never in danger lol wasn’t neeli that stopped anything

Reactions: zipp
The only way Brohm sniffs Belknap Campus anytime soon is if someone writes us a $10 million check. I’ll deposit it.

Reactions: earsky and gocds
The thing to watch is does Brohm sign a contract extension at the end of the year. If not then he could be a candidate next year. It will not be a 1 horse race either.

New AD will probably want his own guy but it all depends how the team plays next year. As we had seen that doesn’t seem to matter either in todays world.

Todd Stewart at WKU gave Brohm his first HC job. Louisville is Jeff's home. It's a perfect fit.

Last edited:
Definitely think Stewart should be given serious consideration.
Absolutely agree with this. During my daughter’s 4 year career playing For WKU, I had the opportunity to talk with Stewart on several occasions. Todd was always very easy to talk with and made you feel like you were his best friend. My daughter would comment about how much she liked him as well. I would hate to see WKU lose him, but I really believe the university should reach out.

Are there any reports or rumors as to whom the new AD will be?

GO CARDS!!!

The only way Brohm sniffs Belknap Campus anytime soon is if someone writes us a $10 million check. I’ll deposit it.
How do you know so much about Louisville’s finances? Is it public knowledge, news reports? I just don’t have the desire to seek out that information.

How do you know so much about Louisville’s finances? Is it public knowledge, news reports? I just don’t have the desire to seek out that information.
I believe the vast majority of UofL's finances are public knowledge. But perhaps zipp should answer this question.

GO CARDS!!!

Reactions: zipp
Yeah, it's either posted on U of L websites or available thru open records requests, many of which I have submitted. I usually just mention the bottom line from those reports, but I'm more than happy to link the actual reports and cite them. Not enough people care to read and research them.

We're just about out of cash without another loan pretty soon...

Yeah, it's either posted on U of L websites or available thru open records requests, many of which I have submitted. I usually just mention the bottom line from those reports, but I'm more than happy to link the actual reports and cite them. Not enough people care to read and research them.

The pandemic is why people aren’t going to games IMO.

The pandemic is going to be the crutch forever.

If you drive in Louisville, you know there are a hellava lot of people going somewhere. Traffic has been nuts.

They are just picking and choosing where to go.

They will go to games when/if we start winning.

Of course, the pandemic has effected attendance, but those days are quickly coming to an end. People are starting to go back to events such as games. The evidence is there for all of us to see.

GO CARDS

Loan or a stadium naming rights deal lol

The evidence shows that we were rapidly becoming a financial dumpster fire BEFORE the pandemic. The financials just got hit hard at the start of FY2021. Tyra had been here almost three years by that time.

I've also turned on plenty of college and pro football games this year and seen fans overrunning the stands...

And sometimes don't see numbers clearly. They think being able to move some things here and there will make money, but it's not the case. We're obligated to pay out certain contracts, vendors, etc. and those expenses will continue into the future and get higher (inflation).

Even when the big money was coming in, there was a spending issue. With all the buyouts and lost donor confidence, it's put us in a weird spot. There is money, but not much flexibility. Revenues have stagnated/decreased compared to the steady rise in expenses when you adjust for certain things.

Minus some of the huge fanbases like The Big House and some others, participation in sports by fans is waning and it's much more than the covid mania doing it.

Sports had always been a reprieve from stress of everyday life but that's just not the case in our ever hyper political world. I know people who had season tickets for decades who have given up on sports, sometimes not even watching the games on TV.

It's just not as fun as it used to be which goes along with other forms of entertainment like movies and concerts. We get lectured by actors and musicians when we're deliberately trying to avoid the caustic dialogue of politics. I used to like LeBron James, now I despise him. I used to love Robert DeNiro, now I despise him.

The amount of effort and money it takes to go to games is just not worth it anymore to a whole lot of people. It just isn't as important as a lot of people used to make it. It just isn't.

Minus some of the huge fanbases like The Big House and some others, participation in sports by fans is waning and it's much more than the covid mania doing it.

Sports had always been a reprieve from stress of everyday life but that's just not the case in our ever hyper political world. I know people who had season tickets for decades who have given up on sports, sometimes not even watching the games on TV.

It's just not as fun as it used to be which goes along with other forms of entertainment like movies and concerts. We get lectured by actors and musicians when we're deliberately trying to avoid the caustic dialogue of politics. I used to like LeBron James, now I despise him. I used to love Robert DeNiro, now I despise him.

The amount of effort and money it takes to go to games is just not worth it anymore to a whole lot of people. It just isn't as important as a lot of people used to make it. It just isn't.
Money is the key.

Players do deserve it, but man they try to get an arm and a leg out of EVERYTHING. Sports used to be some simple entertainment that dad's could take their kids to go see. Cheap tickets and food. It built loyalty and good memories.

Now? The average family may can afford 1 game a year considering seats, parking, food, traffic, etc. Millions of apps that make it hard to figure out where to find the games. Even though it used to not be on TV at all, it was as simple as buying a radio and tuning in the right station for FREE.

I think a big mistake made by sports was getting political, that really turned off a lot of fans. So you have politics, Covid, inflation, regime change and a weak product. Combine all that together and it all adds up to lack of interest.

The problem with kids getting paid they are still amateurs skill wise. The pressure on coaches and players to perform will be nuts. Coaches could always hide behind they are kids. Now sponsors and fans are going to expect their investments to pay off. You better play this kid because I got him/her here. That has always been around but now every player has leverage especially in basketball.

I not sure this will work.

The problem with kids getting paid they are still amateurs skill wise. The pressure on coaches and players to perform will be nuts. Coaches could always hide behind they are kids. Now sponsors and fans are going to expect their investments to pay off. You better play this kid because I got him/her here. That has always been around but now every player has leverage especially in basketball.

I not sure this will work.
They should have been careful what they wished for.

Reactions: gocds and Mayoman
They should have been careful what they wished for.
I agree 100%. Think about all the kids that struggle today with the pressure of college sports. Throw in $$$ on top of that it won’t be good. Some will handle some won’t.

I can’t imagine coaching in this environment.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
Culture and politics have evolved to the level where it has infected college sports to the point of destruction. I would not assign this to all fans by any measure, but for myself and for so many of my friends …….we have disengaged our financial support for just about any of these venues.

This may be a very subtle example, but UL’s decision some years ago to prohibit Chick-Filet from having an on-campus presence served as a moment for some in our community to step back and question where their money was actually going.

Now you can see how the rise in transgender influence represents yet another potential “time bomb” for Women’s HS, college and Olympic sports, as diversity has the political power to push biological men onto those courts ……. that may reach the tipping point where political correctness finds itself with a far more worthy opponent that it has experienced thus far.

Culture and politics have evolved to the level where it has infected college sports to the point of destruction. I would not assign this to all fans by any measure, but for myself and for so many of my friends …….we have disengaged our financial support for just about any of these venues.

This may be a very subtle example, but UL’s decision some years ago to prohibit Chick-Filet from having an on-campus presence served as a moment for some in our community to step back and question where their money was actually going.

Now you can see how the rise in transgender influence represents yet another potential “time bomb” for Women’s HS, college and Olympic sports, as diversity has the political power to push biological men onto those courts ……. that may reach the tipping point where political correctness finds itself with a far more worthy opponent that it has experienced thus far.
Consider me one of your friends. I still watch some when it’s convenient for me but I stopped buying anything related and don’t plan on attending games in person as much.
As for the reference to U of L and chick -filet, was that decision made by the last president? If so, GOOD RIDDANCE. Glad she is gone.

I think a big mistake made by sports was getting political, that really turned off a lot of fans. So you have politics, Covid, inflation, regime change and a weak product. Combine all that together and it all adds up to lack of interest.
The NFL players were very political - yet there are huge crowds at NFL games. “sports getting political” argument is BS IMO.

Why should people in sports not get involved in politics? It’s a free country, kneel during the anthem? It’s fine with me. That’s what this country is all about, being able to say how you feel about issues. Not saying I agree with every perspective, but I’ll fight for that person’s right to speak their mind.

Not saying I agree with every perspective, but I’ll fight for that person’s right to speak their mind.
As will I.

However, I will not support them financially. That’s my right.

I was in business for almost forty years. Every election I had people asking to put campaign signs on my properties. I always said no. I even had a friend do it without asking and when I took his signs down he was very PO’d.

I asked him, why would anybody in their right mind take the chance of POing HALF of your customers? Can a persons business survive on 50% of their customers?

I gave the guy $500 cash for his campaign, but said “no signs”.

So yeah. Athletes have every right to show their beliefs publicly.

They just need to know it may cost them, or their team, in the long run.

Reactions: gocds
BTW I noticed a couple women on the volleyball team kneeling during the national anthem at Freedom Hall. I don't regularly attend volleyball games, and I asked someone who does. This evidently went on during the regular season.

Jeff Walz was asked, and he said he doesn't allow his players to kneel.
Has anyone noticed that in football or men's basketball?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT