ADVERTISEMENT

Jackson's Trajectory...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get a kick outta folks in denial--like LPT fans on most subjects. If that also describes you in the type-of-QB debate, I'm gonna ask you to take the podium. Tell me that there's nothing much different about this group of QBs...

former%20qbs_zpsv0gczfty.jpg

from this group...

current%20qbs_zpsnzuyfyir.jpg

These are either guys on scholarship or guys from whom we have commitments. I haven't heard anyone's at risk of losing their scholly/offer so that a true dropback guy can take that slot. And keep in mind that the first two guys in this 2nd group were already on scholarship when Petrino came here. He would've had to kick Gardner or Bolin off the team. The last four guys are the ones he had a real decision about.

Ok, let the spinnin' and 'splainin' commence!..
You want differences - ok.

1. First group of photos include kids that actually signed a LOI, made it to campus and became the #1 QB.

2. Second group of photos include - 2 pro style QBs, an H-back, a 2nd string QB and two kids who have not signed, nor ever been with Louisville for one snap of football.

You're right - lots of differences. LMFAO!

Zipp - looks better in blue?

Last edited:
Does anyone know whether Lamar can catch a pass with consistency? I believe he would be great as a slot receiver, catching a quick pass, and he could be off to the races. Same for Reggie, but we know that Reggie can catch. Anyone know if Lamar has good hands in a screen pass or dump pass situation?

Having both RB and LJ in the game with Bolin under center - that looks like a nightmare for the opposing defense.

Does anyone know whether Lamar can catch a pass with consistency? I believe he would be great as a slot receiver, catching a quick pass, and he could be off to the races. Same for Reggie, but we know that Reggie can catch. Anyone know if Lamar has good hands in a screen pass or dump pass situation?

Having both RB and LJ in the game with Bolin under center - that looks like a nightmare for the opposing defense.

We don't need Lamar as a WR. We have tons of good WRs, with more on the way. And that'd be a waste of his talent. His arm is one of the strongest we've ever had at U of L. All he need to do is learn how to play QB at the college level, which is something he is doing. He's only been here for a little under 4 months. And he's shown flashes of being a helluva QB.

Reactions: BPGhost
...You want differences - ok.

1. First group of photos include kids that actually signed a LOI, made it to campus and became the #1 QB.

2. Second group of photos include - 2 pro style QBs, an H-back, a 2nd string QB and two kids who have not signed, nor ever been with Louisville for one snap of football...
Yeah, and what kind/style of QBs are in each group?

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt...

Any "irrelevancy" you find in the questions posed are the result of two circumstances.
1. The questions and their resulting answers don't fit your inane and irrelevant narrative.
2. The questions are an extension of your inane and irrelevant narrative, intended to lead you by the nose if necessary to the society of common sense....
So let's debate the question rather than try to answer it. Good reason, 'cuz you don't have answers. No logical reason why dual threat QBs are committing and signing EXCLUSIVELY while pro-style QBs are allegedly getting offers--and none committing.

Keep denying it because it's funny as hell...

Yeah, and what kind/style of QBs are in each group?

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt...
First group contains 2 classic drop back guys, and one mobile quarterback - second group contains 2 classic drop back guys, an H back, a read option QB and two kids who haven't signed so really there's no reason to discuss them but to humor you - Pass is more pro style and Oden is more dual threat.

Doubt Oden makes it to campus and further doubt him being a QB here.

Zipp - Stupidity is not just limited to yut fans...

Last edited:
...two kids who haven't signed so really there's no reason to discuss them but to humor you - Pass is more pro style and Oden is more dual threat...
LOL, thanks for "humoring" me!

And how does an OBJECTIVE rating service like Rivals describe each of these kids? I know the answer but it's more fun watching you say it...

So let's debate the question rather than try to answer it. Good reason, 'cuz you don't have answers. No logical reason why dual threat QBs are committing and signing EXCLUSIVELY while pro-style QBs are allegedly getting offers--and none committing.

Keep denying it because it's funny as hell...
Keep denying what? There has been one dual threat QB signed - Lamar Jackson.

There have been 2 other kids recruited - not signed as you continue to mistakenly say - one who publicly said that he is coming to Louisville because he won't be in a dual threat system and another kid who has about a 10% chance of actually signing.

It's interesting that you never mention Pat Thomas - he was the (dual threat) QB at UAB. if Petrino was as hell bent on changing his system, who better to run it then someone who already has run the system that you're talking about and, for Garrick McGee.

They made him a WR about 10 seconds after he hit here...

Zipp - relentless, and relentlessly uninformed.

LOL, thanks for "humoring" me!

And how does an OBJECTIVE rating service like Rivals describe each of these kids? I know the answer but it's more fun watching you say it...
You mean the objective rating services that list Louisville as offering 60% pro style quarterbacks? Are those the rating services you want me to quote, the ones you keep dismissing when it doesn't suit you?

Makes much more sense to worry about what rating services say about Jawon Pass - rather than what Jawon Pass says about Jawon Pass - lol.

By the way - those services also listed Teddy as a dual threat guy when he was anything but - it happens a lot with African American HS qbs - but you're just goofy enough not only to believe it but, think Petrino would have had Teddy running read option plays. Maybe the most uninformed thing you've said in 20,000 + uninformed posts.

Zipp - I know better than Petrino...

Reactions: CardsDan
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT